John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

Yeah unfortunately looks like if you dont want to buy the entire abbonement we have to wait until 8th August for individual tickets :/ ("Individual ticket sales for all events up to and including October start on 8 August"; https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/saison-2021-22/)

Edit: @ChewyActually, looks like the one on Sat 16th has no abo label and you cannot buy tickets yet.

19 minutes ago, Madmartigan JC said:

Wow. Didn't see this coming.

Also, he's conducting the Berliner, yet no mention of Mutter? 

Scheduling conflicts? They listing Bruno Delepelaire on the cello, so clearly they've got the performers planned.

About time I saw Berlin. Let's hope it'll be possible to actually get tickets.

8 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Oh God, how many times is DG going to release this one?

I think digital concert hall is not sold by DG. But I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

Edit: watch out gents, Guitar Williams incoming!

image.png

It's just John Williams the film composer and John Williams the "serious" composer.

21 minutes ago, Steve said:

I think digital concert hall is not sold by DG. But I could be wrong.

DG has a long standing association with the Berliner Philharmoniker - much closer than the occasional one with the Wiener, I believe. I would expect at least 95% of the Berliner Philharmoniker recordings in my collection are DG releases.

Are concerts in general being scheduled again for Europe? I'm surprised to see this - I know Williams previously mentioned the possibility. I'm happy for Williams as he of course wants to do the concerts, and he obviously feels healthy enough for a trip to Europe. Just well, can this really happen? Having said that, I went to an in-door all-Morricone concert here in Seoul last summer. Every second seat was left empty to make things a little more Covid safe. Pre-vaccine of course, so not a soul there was vaccinated.  

Concerts are resuming already in Austria, still with COVID restrictions in place, and full seasons are planned everywhere for after the summer. Not sure about the exact restrictions then, but based on vaccination progress, I would expect that being vaccinated or tested will be sufficient again soon, without additional restrictions in the concert hall. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

1 hour ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

"Individual ticket sales for all events up to and including October start on 8 August"

Oh I didn't see that, thanks for the info!

5 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Do you know if the Oct 16 date is just a digital broadcast of one of the two previous nights or an additional date?

I've been wondering. Since it's also got a separate time for the pre-concert talk, I would imagine that it's an actual concert and the one of the three that's also streamed live, but it's not 100% clear I think. It's also the only one of the three that's not listed as being part of a cycle, so if it is an actual concert, it'll have the most tickets available for regular purchase (and probably also the highest number of interested people, being on a Saturday).

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Is that the guy who was going to play the cello concerto at the cancelled concert in Vienna?

Nope https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/orchestra/musician/bruno-delepelaire/

The guy supposed to play in vienna http://www.johannes-moser.com/

5 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Do you know if the Oct 16 date is just a digital broadcast of one of the two previous nights or an additional date?

I think its really an additional date, because the others are for abo subscriptions only and this one is not bound to something like that. Also this starts at 19:00 and not at 20:00 like the others. But I wondered that too.. maybe I'll write an email  later today. It also would be the only way of getting tickets without having to buy the entire subscription.

3 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Then I feel sorry for Johannes Moser. I guess Bruno really needs the money since he has to resort to carrying his instrument without a case.

As some of you pointed out already, the only way at the moment is to buy subscriptions in Series K (October 14) and C (October 15), at €135 (about $164) up to €432 (about $542) per series. Call +49 30 254880 and ask for the “abo service” if you want this. Separate tickets go on sale only from August onward, also counts for Saturday the 16th (no possibility for subscription).

52 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I've been wondering. Since it's also got a separate time for the pre-concert talk, I would imagine that it's an actual concert and the one of the three that's also streamed live, but it's not 100% clear I think. It's also the only one of the three that's not listed as being part of a cycle, so if it is an actual concert, it'll have the most tickets available for regular purchase (and probably also the highest number of interested people, being on a Saturday).

I think it is an additional concert. If you look at the schedule they often have the saturday concert available for digital concert hall. Why would they not play live concerts on saturday? Would make no sense. And it is called "live stream" so that only makes sense when it is actually "live".

11 minutes ago, Steve said:

I think it is an additional concert. If you look at the schedule they often have the saturday concert available for digital concert hall. Why would they not play live concerts on saturday? Would make no sense. And it is called "live stream" so that only makes sense when it is actually "live".

The Saturday concert is in a different series called Guest Concerts, which seems not yet set in stone. Probably the concert is earlier in the evening because JW will supposedly leave right after the concert.

The average priced subscription costs as much as a Vienna ticket - and you get Zubin Mehta with Mahler 3 on top...

And then there is the small print...

Subscription purchase without risk

Be assured: even if not all seats in our venues can be occupied due to the pandemic, or if individual concerts do not take place – the purchase of a subscription is risk free.

You only pay when we know for sure that we can offer you your seats.
We make this possible via direct debit. Payment will only be collected once it is certain that the events can take place. If individual events are cancelled due to the pandemic, you will of course receive a partial refund.

You will receive an exclusive advance booking rights and 25% discount for all concerts organised by us, if individual subscription series have to be cancelled.

Don't you find 

47 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

The average priced subscription costs as much as a Vienna ticket - and you get Zubin Mehta with Mahler 3 on top...

And then there is the small print...

Subscription purchase without risk

Be assured: even if not all seats in our venues can be occupied due to the pandemic, or if individual concerts do not take place – the purchase of a subscription is risk free.

You only pay when we know for sure that we can offer you your seats.
We make this possible via direct debit. Payment will only be collected once it is certain that the events can take place. If individual events are cancelled due to the pandemic, you will of course receive a partial refund.

You will receive an exclusive advance booking rights and 25% discount for all concerts organised by us, if individual subscription series have to be cancelled.

It's strange a it's not clear wether the subscripcion purchase includes the tickets or they will be charged as long as the dates approach, because the range of prices for just of the concert is as much as the wholes Series subscription, it makes no real sense.

42 minutes ago, jocores said:

Don't you find 

It's strange a it's not clear wether the subscripcion purchase includes the tickets or they will be charged as long as the dates approach, because the range of prices for just of the concert is as much as the wholes Series subscription, it makes no real sense.

Subscription includes 6 tickets for certain concerts, including Williams it seems. You can go to 6 concerts and will always have the same place. That's what the booking system says.

I'm sure both subscription concerts will sell out way before 8th August... so the only hope is going on saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'm sure both subscription concerts will sell out way before 8th August... so the only hope is going on saturday. 

Only if every seat in the hall (that's available for the concert) is available for the subscriptions.

Well my birthday is October 16, and the livestream starts at 2 a.m. Sunday morning where I am. I was worried for a split second the livestream might have clashed with work. Happy birthday me!

Wow! Missing out on the Vienna concert was a great loss, I need to get tickets to this. If I understand correctly tickets for Williams's concert only will be available on the 9th of August?

It might be a dense question, but I really want this to happen! :blush2:

6 hours ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

"Individual ticket sales for all events up to and including October start on 9 August"; https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/saison-2021-22/)

6 hours ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

we have to wait until 8th August for individual tickets :/ ("Individual ticket sales for all events up to and including October start on 8 August"; https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/saison-2021-22/)

3 hours ago, MSM said:

Separate tickets go on sale only from August onward

2 hours ago, Henry Sítrónu said:

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/saison-2021-22/

presale: it says 9th August now btw. Both in English and German.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Only if every seat in the hall (that's available for the concert) is available for the subscriptions.

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

It's going to sell quickly, but I highly doubt that both the 14th and the 15th are going to sell out just with subscription packages (which cost 400+ Euros). No way the Berlin Phil will put out all 2,200 seats for both nights only with subscription plans. I'm sure they will get an unusual amount of subscription packages because of this, but the bulk will go on sale for the general audience.

I did read all and even liked some of the posts in this thread. :) I guess I wanted to hear evern more people's opinion on the subject or even from someone in the know.

Anyway, I can't believe that I might finally get to see Williams live. I honestly cannot believe it.

I think Marian and Maurizio are right and they won't make every seat available to this package thing and there will be tickets available on August 9th. Those will sell out fast though.

5 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It's just John Williams the film composer and John Williams the "serious" composer.

They meant to say Johnny Williams and John Williams no doubt.

This is pretty a pretty incredible event and I am glad it is going forward.