John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

Good to see they haven't charged the subscriptions yet. Now that single tickets have been put on sale, those who manage to buy one can stop the payment of the subscription if not interested in the other concerts of the series.

Thursday for me. The premiere, after all. Got caught up in the moment and bought a ticket to €59, maybe the most expensive concert ticket I've ever bought. Funny seat -- front row in those seats at the other side of the orchestra. Completely wrong sound, but get to see Williams in the face while he conducts. It's more about the experience than the music, anyway.

Will probably arrive Wednesday and leave Friday (can't afford to stretch it all the way to Sunday, I think), so might miss out on meeting some of you Saturday people.

Now comes a period of slight worry. First find cheap flights and hotel, then the worry that Williams will cancel in the last minute, London-style, this time due to covid.

4 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

3rd row on Thursday and Saturday.

Cool. Seems to be very few other Thursday people (although the day is now completely sold out).

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Got tickets for Saturday, where the sound typically is the best.

Which is in your opinion?

Managed to buy ticket for Saturday in E row, unfortunately not in A, you guys were faster then me. :D

Saturday for me. I prefer that they've had the maximum amount of time to practice. ;) 

But then you won't have any flubs to criticize 

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Saturday for me. I prefer that they've had the maximum amount of time to practice. ;) 

Can't wait for discussions about all the flubs and timing issues :D

2 minutes ago, Biodome said:

But then you won't have any flubs to criticize 

No worries, I'm sure they'll be immaculately preserved on the inevitable CD/blu-ray/CD+blu-ray combo/live edition/japanese edition/expanded edition/vinyl release/+++

Anyways, what really annoys me is timing issues. ;)

I can't believe I forgot tickets were selling today. By the time I had my illumination it was already 9:05. I amaze myself sometimes :sarcasm:

Still I got some tickets for saturday.

4 minutes ago, Pawel P. said:

Friday and Saturday for me! :) Nice seats, B-section.

Good choice. I believe the B section has the best sound.

2 minutes ago, Bounty95 said:

Thursday and Friday for me! For once it's good to be German! 

You better savour it!

11 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Which is in your opinion?

Managed to buy ticket for Saturday in E row, unfortunately not in A, you guys were faster then me. :D

Good choice. I believe the B section has the best sound.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Let's do! We'll finally be able to answer the age-old question How many JWfans can you fit into Marian's apartment?

Better check your ticket before you book your flight. These concerts are in Berlin, not in Vienna.

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

Any chance for an early meet-up for those of us who may be gone by Saturday?

I'll attend the other two concerts, we can definitely have a chat before/after the concerts!

Sorry if that has been asked before, but how exactly does this digital concert thing work and why do you have to book a seat for a digital event? (just curious, as I'm going there the other two days) 

26 minutes ago, Bounty95 said:

Sorry if that has been asked before, but how exactly does this digital concert thing work and why do you have to book a seat for a digital event? (just curious, as I'm going there the other two days) 

you're not booking a seat but just a ticket. There's also the opportunity to subscribe to the digital concert hall for access to all streams.

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/info