John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

1 hour ago, Bounty95 said:

Sorry if that has been asked before, but how exactly does this digital concert thing work and why do you have to book a seat for a digital event? (just curious, as I'm going there the other two days) 

It's not a digital concert. It's an actual concert with audience that will be streamed online on Berlin Phil's owned streaming platform named "Digital Concert Hall". If you can't attend the concert in person, you can buy an access pass to watch it online.

20 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

All three concerts sold out already :lol:

grafik.png

Interesting how these went so much more quickly than the Vienna tickets. And it's one more concert, too.

I was surprised by how FEW tickets were available on all three dates when I logged in. It seems like some 80% of the tickets had already been sold through subscription services or similar.

What the heck -- I'm going to make a holiday out of it. Booked flights now -- down Wednesday evening, back Sunday evening. So I'll be able to participate in all social stuff, whichever date it is. I'll just need to find a super cheap place to live.

38 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

And yet it seems that everyone here on JWFan who wanted to visit a concert has managed to get tickets with no drama.

They're using professional ticketing IT infrastructure. The same stuff that's used for stadium concerts. I guess the Austrian concert halls don't have that.

4 hours ago, TownerFan said:

It will be streamed online on Berlin Phil's owned streaming platform named "Digital Concert Hall". If you can't attend the concert in person, you can buy an access pass to watch it online.

Is there a link available to purchase said access pass, as I do not plan on missing this. When will the concert stream (day and time)?

18 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Is there a link available to purchase said access pass, as I do not plan on missing this. When will the concert stream (day and time)?

For the Livestream:

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/concert/53783

The Digital Concert Hall Program (PDF): (English) (Concert mentioned on page 9)

https://apps.digitalconcerthall.com/website/season_21_22/programme_brochure_en.pdf

9 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

For the Livestream:

https://apps.digitalconcerthall.com/website/season_21_22/programme_brochure_en.pdf

Thank you very much. What time will the livestream start (EST)?

I'm so relieved I managed to get tickets this morning as well. I'm in the middle of shooting a project and today was my first day off in two weeks, perfect timing!

I still can't believe it is happening, though.

21 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Thank you very much. What time will the livestream start (EST)?

You can change the time zone below the countdown timer, when you click on the livestream link. :)

7 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

You can change the time zone below the countdown timer, when you click on the livestream link. :)

Thank you. So, the livestream starts at 12:45 PM.

Will livestream tickets be limited?

Seems I need to purchase a week long package (or free trial subscription) to be able to watch cheaply.  

Surely the concert can be streamed on demand after the actual event?!

The concert is scheduled for 4am Australian EST time FFS. It would be completely absurd to only have the event available as a livestream.

3 minutes ago, Pawel P. said:

No more than Netflix.

Of course they won't. What would be the point of that?

Just don't want to leave anything to chance.

52 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Surely the concert can be streamed on demand after the actual event?!

The concert is scheduled for 4am Australian EST time FFS. It would be completely absurd to only have the event available as a livestream.

It wouldn't be a first, but I think you don't need to worry. I've had monthly passes, and to my recollection the live concerts were always available on demand shortly after.

12 hours ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

For the Livestream:

I think I'll get the 30 day pass, that way I can revisit the concert afterwards if I want to. While I will definitely catch the live stream, as I would not miss this for the world, I believe that, like the concert with the Vienna Philharmonic, this concert will be released on home media eventually.

Due to lots of things going on at work and in life, I literally forgot that the tickets would start selling on Monday. And then they sell out in 5 Minutes? Oh well, then not, I guess. I was in Vienna last year and will cherish the memory. 

1 hour ago, Gurkensalat said:

Due to lots of things going on at work and in life, I literally forgot that the tickets would start selling on Monday. And then they sell out in 5 Minutes? Oh well, then not, I guess. I was in Vienna last year and will cherish the memory. 

After egomaniacally securing tickets on Monday at 9, I checked the portal early this morning, just for interest. There were 1-3 single tickets going for Friday, which vanished in minutes. But it may be worth checking Kalender (berliner-philharmoniker.de) regularly this week. The subscriptions will be charged tomorrow and perhaps some payments won't be made or others may back out - so some residual tickets may show up.

42 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

So what do we speculate the program to be? 

Similar to London and Vienna? 

Yes, maybe something like the Vienna 2018 programme with Geisha?

Seven Years in Tibet is basically already on the list.

Hoping for Rise of Skywalker and BFG suites and also Harry's Wonderous World.

Yoda's Theme, Han and/or [Princess Leia], Superman and an Indy Scherzo would also make sense (with regard to a possible DG platinum release to compliment the golden Vienna programme).

Do we need another Flight to Neverland version? What could be an alternative Overture? Superman? 

4 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Yes, maybe something like the Vienna 2018 programme with Geisha?

Seven Years in Tibet is basically already on the list.

Hoping for Rise of Skywalker and BFG suites and also Harry's Wonderous World.

Yoda's Theme, Han and/or [Princess Leia], Superman and an Indy Scherzo would also make sense (with regard to a possible DG platinum release to compliment the golden Vienna programme).

Do we need another Flight to Neverland version? What could be an alternative Overture? Superman? 

Although the program can obviously change, right now it says: "Film music from Indiana Jones, E. T., Superman, Harry Potter, Star Wars and other movies".

So Raiders March, Adventures on Earth, Superman Main Theme, hopefully Hedwigs Theme ( this time the proper orchestral version, would be really looking forward to that) and the obligatory Star Wars pieces (Main Title, Imperial March?)

I really hope it is somewhat different to Vienna though. Don't know how likely it is that some rarely performed pieces like Seven Years in Tibet will be played... was there a performance of this piece in the near past? Don't know the OST but heard a snippet of this of the upcoming City Light Symphonies "Spotlight on Adventure" and liked that a lot! I personally wouldn't need another Flight to Neverland recording :D

How long is the Elegy? Will this be a 2 hour concert like Vienna?

2 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Although the program can obviously change, right now it says: "Film music from Indiana Jones, E. T., Superman, Harry Potter, Star Wars and other movies".

So Raiders March, Adventures on Earth, Superman Main Theme, hopefully Hedwigs Theme ( this time the proper orchestral version, would be really looking forward to that) and the obligatory Star Wars pieces (Main Title, Imperial March?)

I really hope it is somewhat different to Vienna though. Don't know how likely it is that some rarely performed pieces like Seven Years in Tibet will be played... was there a performance of this piece in the near past? Don't know the OST but heard a snippet of this of the upcoming City Light Symphonies "Spotlight on Adventure" and liked that a lot! I personally wouldn't need another Flight to Neverland recording :D

How long is the Elegy? Will this be a 2 hour concert like Vienna?

The Elegy is around 6 min and from SYT - or vice-versa:

5 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Thanks! SYT sounded awesome already :D Thought the elegy was a much longer piece, interesting.

Right now I am trying to keep expectations low because we are in this strange transitional situation between post-pandemic relieve and pre-fourth-wave fear.

I currently would expect that we get a shorter concert than in Vienna with no interval. But who knows? Since the spacing in the auditorium has been given up (but the masks haven't), one could just as well justify an interval so people get a chance for some fresh air and aerosols.

The worst-case-scenario is the "Digital Concert Hall only" solution without audience, a light-weight back-up conductor from Germany with a kind video message from LA.

3 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

aerosols

oof!

4 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

The worst-case-scenario is the "Digital Concert Hall only" solution without audience, a light-weight back-up conductor from Germany with a kind video message from LA.

12 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Right now I am trying to keep expectations low because we are in this strange transitional situation between post-pandemic relieve and pre-fourth-wave fear.

Yeah agree, probably a good thing to not be overly optimistic. But on the other hand, with masks and proof of vaccination this should not be too much of a problem... But who knows what will be in october...

Last year, October wasn't that bad in terms of Covid-19 cases. It was late November that it really took off to the extreme all across Europe. If the Delta wave hits us this year, I hope it will wait for November.

11 minutes ago, Biodome said:

Last year, October wasn't that bad in terms of Covid-19 cases. It was late November that it really took off to the extreme all across Europe. If the Delta wave hits us this year, I hope it will wait for November.

Berlin has a high incidence at the moment, with cases rising (still low compared to UK and US). Maybe the situation will be better in October.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Berlin has a high incidence at the moment, with cases rising (still low compared to UK and US). Maybe the situation will be better in October.

On 8/10/2021 at 12:33 PM, BB-8 said:

After egomaniacally securing tickets on Monday at 9, I checked the portal early this morning, just for interest. There were 1-3 single tickets going for Friday, which vanished in minutes. But it may be worth checking Kalender (berliner-philharmoniker.de) regularly this week. The subscriptions will be charged tomorrow and perhaps some payments won't be made or others may back out - so some residual tickets may show up.

Anyone who hasn't had luck with tickets so far do keep checking Konzertkalender (berliner-philharmoniker.de) today and into next week!

Some payments for the subscriptions haven't gone out yet...

Two tickets for Friday just popped up again and I actually manged to get hold of one of them for a close relative.

Fingers crossed!

Some mouth-watering (slightly exaggerated) Williams in this trailer:

Konzert in der Waldbühne mit Martin Grubinger und Wayne Marshall (digitalconcerthall.com)