John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

Awesome, Dave. I wondered if you managed to secure a ticket. Will hopefully see you and Julie (although let's not repeat the legendary night in Ghent all those years ago -- I'm too old for that now).

Hi, I live in Berlin and wasn't able to get tickets :'(, I dreamed , if someone have tickets and couldn't come to one of the concerts (due to Corona or any other reason) , I would be happy if they let me know (preferably 2 tickets but even 1 would be amazing!!!) , I would be more than happy to pay full price on the tickets.

Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

You could select if you want the tickets as pdf or via mail in the ordering process.

I must have missed that, maybe I was too focused on securing a ticket and didn't pay attention 😕.

15 hours ago, Or Yaari said:

Hi, I live in Berlin and wasn't able to get tickets :'(, I dreamed , if someone have tickets and couldn't come to one of the concerts (due to Corona or any other reason) , I would be happy if they let me know (preferably 2 tickets but even 1 would be amazing!!!) , I would be more than happy to pay full price on the tickets.

Thank you very much. 

there is a thread in the marketplace section.

Good luck.

A nice article about Williams has been published in the "Phil" magazine of the Berliner Philharmoniker (in German, couldn't find an english version), page 22. Nothing new really but a nice read nonetheless.

Page 50/51 presents Bruno Delepelaire (1st Principal Cello) who will play the Elegy.

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/medien/phil/

15 hours ago, Martinland said:

Danke! :-D

"Aber die sind alle tot!" LOL

Except for that ending the article is quite nice but nothing new, as had been said. ;)

I had never heard of this comparison between Siegfried's and Luke Skywalker's themes before, which does sound a little constructed.

The key in the Star Wars Main Theme is possibly the seventh. Even Superman reaches out further than Siegfried who moves within five notes with his whimsical little horn. As soon as he steps out of this enclosure it is no longer Siegfried's theme.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, BB-8 said:

Residual tickets still popping up!

I always try to look if there is something, but unfortunately no luck yet.

But I won't lose hope.

To be in the this show would be bangarang!!!!

At Tanglewood last Friday night, there were A LOT of empty seats in the shed.  Almost looked like more empty seats than filled seats!  I felt bad everytime the camera angle shown on the TV showed all the empty seats with Williams in the same shot.  The lawn was absolutely packed, however

11 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Was that a matter of checking regularly / randomly?

Regular random checking of site.

You need to be an utter nerd and click and buy as soon as tickets show up. No time for any internal negotiations!

I saw 2 tickets for 50 EUR each yesterday before 9 CEST.

Last Friday was still quite active.

So keep looking!

3 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Regular random checking of site.

You need to be an utter nerd and click and buy as soon as tickets show up. No time for any internal negotiations!

I saw 2 tickets for 50 EUR each yesterday before 9 CEST.

Last Friday was still quite active.

So keep looking!

You were quite right!  Just got one for Thursday!

5 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

By the way, don't forget to get vaxed in case the German 3G rule changes to the 2G rule.

Thank you again and all done in that regard some months back! :rock:

On 8/24/2021 at 2:20 PM, BB-8 said:

By the way, don't forget to get vaxed in case the German 3G rule changes to the 2G rule.

3G stands for vaccinated, overcome infection or tested while a 2G regime excludes those who are only tested. 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, Or Yaari said:

I always try to look if there is something, but unfortunately no luck yet.

But I won't lose hope.

To be in the this show would be bangarang!!!!

Ticket alert!

14 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

So this essentially means that if John Williams and his followers are not vaxed they won't be permitted to enter Germany. You can only enter without vax if there is an urgent necessity, and in that case you would also need to isolate for 14 days upon arrival.

Cultural activities don't seem to qualify as so-called "zwingende Notwendigkeit".

42 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

So this essentially means that if John Williams and his followers are not vaxed they won't be permitted to enter Germany. You can only enter without vax if there is an urgent necessity, and in that case you would also need to isolate for 14 days upon arrival.

Cultural activities don't seem to qualify as so-called "zwingende Notwendigkeit".

I somehow don't see Williams as an anti-vaxer, especially if this would mean he would not be able to get to Berlin. Would "his followers" sabotage the old man's great trip by not getting a pair of jabs themselves?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The EU took the USA off the safe travel list today. If the reverse happens, will the concert be rescheduled? 

https://www.nytimes.com/article/eu-us-travel-restrictions.html

I think musicians, sport athletes, and other people working in arts/entertainment fields are on a kind of whitelist for international travel (given they're fully vaccinated and/or regularly tested, I guess)

14 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I think musicians, sport athletes, and other people working in arts/entertainment fields are on a kind of whitelist for international travel (given they're fully vaccinated and/or regularly tested, I guess)

In other words, people with lots of money.  

17 hours ago, crocodile said:

Or he could conduct it from his living room via Zoom. :)

Karol

We shouldn't give the managers silly ideas! Digital Concert Hall 2.0 with real audience, a hologram conductor and robottic musicians using A.I. ...

12 minutes ago, Or Yaari said:

You looked here https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/konzerte/kalender/details/53783/ right? I check it every day 

Yes, you need to check as often as you possibly can - most likely tickets pop up between 8 and 15 CEST. Judging by the speed tickets disappear, there seem to be quite a few nerds screening the site every other minute.