John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

My Friend cannot attend Saturday's (Oct 16) concert and is selling his ticket at cost - €59. Location is F Links, row 5. Either payment via PayPal or in-person pick-up before Friday's concert is possible. Direct message me for details if interested.

4 minutes ago, ConorPower said:

Just seen that Paddy Maloney, founder of The Chieftans, has passed away. Williams’s inclusion of Far and Away in the programme will ring a little differently now. I do hope he’ll discuss his collaboration with Moloney a little, in tribute to the great musician who elevated a wonderful score. 

Can we expect any ethnic instruments (Uilleann pipes, tin whistle, bodhran, etc.) to be included in Berlin?

Will we be getting an array of Aida trumpets plus organ for the Olympic Fanfare? 

16 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Can we expect any ethnic instruments (Uilleann pipes, tin whistle, bodhran, etc.) to be included in Berlin?

Will we be getting an array of Aida trumpets plus organ for the Olympic Fanfare? 

I never understood why JW always replaces specialty instruments with traditional ones in his signature edition. Say what you will about making it more accessible, but Far and Away needs to open with a penny whistle.

5 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I never understood why JW always replaces specialty instruments with traditional ones in his signature edition. Say what you will about making it more accessible, but Far and Away needs to open with a penny whistle.

Need to ask Sarah Willis MBE to blow the hornpipe instead...

4 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Circumstances have arisen so that I may have one spare ticket for the Saturday concert. I will know by the end of the day.

PM me if interested.

This is now confirmed.

Which means I have one spare ticket for B rechts, row 8, seat 21. Will sell at cost price.

PM me.

1 ticket also for Thursday (14Oct) E links, row 3, seat 4. Will sell at half price 45€ (value 91€). Pick-up and payment in-person before Thursday concert is possible in the area near the entrance since I will be there to attend the concert.

PM me if you are interested

weeks ago it was perhaps possible only to receive a voucher, now no more and in any case a voucher for me was not a very useful option since I'm not a regular visitors of the Philharmonie.

In any case if anyone is interested in this ticket PM me. I take my flight tomorrow in the early morning for Berlin and the 13th and the 14th I'm there (at the Grimm's hotel...)

(HALF PRICE) Two single tickets available as my wife can’t attend due to travel restrictions.  They are both on sale if anyone is interested

14/10 A Link Row 9

16/10 B Link Row 8

can trade in person now in Berlin or bank/PayPal 

3 hours ago, ConorPower said:

Just seen that Paddy Maloney, founder of The Chieftans, has passed away. Williams’s inclusion of Far and Away in the programme will ring a little differently now. I do hope he’ll discuss his collaboration with Moloney a little, in tribute to the great musician who elevated a wonderful score. 

Exclusive Interview: Paddy Moloney – The Legacy of John Williams

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Sarah Willis spoiled the encore

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=417347586427462&id=100044566721973&m_entstream_source=feed_mobile

So today was the first rehearsal? Quite optimistic from the orchestra 😄

Oh my god oh my god oh my god!

the encore is his theme from Star Trek-The Motion Picture! 

So I just wanted to download the visitor form as indicated in the email:

When you arrive, please register first via the Corona-Warn-App or the Luca app. If digital registration is not an option for you, please use our visitor data form, which we also have available on site.

But the link they provided no longer works. Also, going to this page: https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/concerts/visiting-information/ it makes no mention of such requirements. have things changed? :) 

This part of the notification e-mail I received from them is a bit annoying:

Please note that the wearing of an FFP2 mask is mandatory during your entire stay in the building including during the concert.

During the concert itself too?!?

3 hours ago, Thor said:

During the concert itself too?!?

Yeah, and make sure it's an actual FFP2-rated mask (the thicker, sturdier kind than the surgical/medical variety). I didn't take note of that, as I was used to the surgical/medical masks, and I assumed they are enough everywhere. But when I brought it to the entrance of the Philharmonie, they told me that that was insufficient. Luckily they had FFP2 masks that I could use.

8 minutes ago, Steve said:

Williams visited the Thomaskirche in Leipzig with ASM on this past sunday before Berlin! He visited Bach's grave. Here is a photo

https://m.facebook.com/Thomaskirche.Leipzig/photos/a.527353427472706/1651641538377217/?type=3&source=48

Leipzig is where Richard Wagner was born! Hope someone reminded him...

Richard-Wagner-Verband Leipzig (wagner-verband-leipzig.de)

2 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Leipzig is where Richard Wagner was born! Hope someone reminded him...

I thought JW said he wasn't a big fan of Wagner