John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

I'm so happy for all of you that are going, but very dissapointed I won't be joining you. I was at the Albert Hall in 2018 (I don't think I've ever been that dissapointed before), was really hoping to make it to Berlin. However eternally greatful for the digital concert hall on Saturday, very excited for that. 

I pray John encores The Imperial March, please Mr.Williams! 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

While finishing packing suitcases for Berlin, here's a brief reflection of mine on a stunning coincidence in JW history:

https://thelegacyofjohnwilliams.com/2021/10/14/65-years-on/

A lovely read, thanks for that!

That's a good point regarding the date of the John Towner Touch album. That had slipped my mind. Always found is so appropriate that the first commercial recording of his own compositions was merely called "Hello". As in "Hello, here I am. I will be staying with you for decades to come".

2 hours ago, aj_vader said:

I'm so happy for all of you that are going, but very dissapointed I won't be joining you. I was at the Albert Hall in 2018 (I don't think I've ever been that dissapointed before), was really hoping to make it to Berlin. However eternally greatful for the digital concert hall on Saturday, very excited for that. 

I pray John encores The Imperial March, please Mr.Williams! 🙏🏻

That RAH concert was simply incredible ~ although living about five miles from the RAH I shared your disappointment!

Still hoping!

14 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

That RAH concert was simply incredible ~ although living about five miles from the RAH I shared your disappointment!

Still hoping!

It was still a very special night, i was wiping away tears regularly. 

The Snare sounded out of time though, it happened during the A New Hope and Empire Live to Pictures in there. I don't think the actual player was out of time, I think the reverberation was richocheting off something and causing it to sound out of time. It's why I wished it was in the Barbican. 

3 hours ago, Jurassic Remi said:

Hello,

I'm a French fan, coming tomorrow alone in Berlin to attend to Friday's concert.

It's my first John Williams' concert (3 years ago, I went to Royal Albert Hall (London) but he infortunately cancelled).

I would be happy to meet other fans.

Ah ben la même pour Londres en 2018... mais pour nous, la séance de rattrapage sera samedi. 🙂

Dear JW Fans,

Hope you’re well.

I was due to fly from the UK to attend the concert on Saturday 16th October 2021 but I have tested positive for Covid-19. I am absolutely devastated.

Thus, I have one ticket for sale that is in an excellent position and will provide an outstanding experience. I am just looking for face-value and I can confirm that is is transferable.

It is:

E Links

Row 2

Seat 4

I can organise payment through PayPal and because I have an electronic ticket, will email immediately.

Please do get in touch if interested.

Liam.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Remi said:

Hello,

I'm a French fan, coming tomorrow alone in Berlin to attend to Friday's concert.

It's my first John Williams' concert (3 years ago, I went to Royal Albert Hall (London) but he infortunately cancelled).

I would be happy to meet other fans.

I'm from Luxembourg, coming to Berlin for the concerts of Friday and Saturday.

I was in Royal Albert Hall in 2018 as well, which in the end was an outstanding concert, but I'm still very much looking foward to finally seeing the maestro himself conduct :D I think I will only believe this is happening once he enters the stage.

Would be happy to meet some other fans as well.

1 hour ago, oxo1977 said:

Je pense que nous allons entendre parler toutes les langues à la Philharmonie... :) (c'est juste la question de se faire comprendre en dehors que j'appréhende un peu).

À Berlin avec un peu d'anglais ce sera facile ;) Mais si quelqu'un a besoin d'une traduction en allemand, je peux aider :)

12 minutes ago, Henry Sítrónu said:

The CD/souvenir shop. Ground floor between cloak rooms, WC, and bar. It’s closed so it will be not thaaaat busy.

i think i‘m the only one with a red mask

88154669-5C0F-4F21-B969-A02C2E77F4AF.jpeg

Is that an FFP2 mask?

5 minutes ago, Damien F said:

I laughed when John said he never knows what Spielberg is doing next and "Indiana Jones is changing by the second!"

Hmm interesting.  Anybody else have a more elaboration on this?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm sure all three concerts will be recorded, including pickup sessions, then they'll release the performances with the most flubs and timing issues.

In all seroiusness, will they really do that and will we know this soon? I mean, it would make sense if you want to compile the ultimate release, or will they only have access to the live stream?

1 hour ago, Damien F said:

He then said he'll be writing more Indy music when he returns to LA. That got an applause

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

He'll start scoring it next week. 

AWESOME!!!!

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Cool username!

Ahah, sorry! I didn't see yours when I registered... I can change mine if you want ;)

2 hours ago, Anne said:

I'm from Luxembourg, coming to Berlin for the concerts of Friday and Saturday.

I was in Royal Albert Hall in 2018 as well, which in the end was an outstanding concert, but I'm still very much looking foward to finally seeing the maestro himself conduct :D I think I will only believe this is happening once he enters the stage.

Would be happy to meet some other fans as well.

Avec plaisir!

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

He'll start scoring it next week. 

I thought he meant it more as an anoucement he would write the music, rather than saying he would literally get started the moment he returns to LA... 

Didn't he talk about spring ? I didn't quite catch that part. 

And he said that the movie was on schedule, despite Ford's injury.