John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

2 minutes ago, lairdo said:

I love how engaged the Maestro seems with the orchestra. The Nimbus 2000 piece with the woodwinds featured him intently concentrating and almost micro-conducting each player. He then gave a joyous smile at the end indicating he was pleased! (Which was warranted in my opinion.)

And Far and Away earlier was amazing - felt a tad slow versus other performances, but the playing and sound was magnificent. 

(Also, I don't mind the masks. It's a snapshot in time of October 2021. In fact, in some ways they are creating a bit more light falling on people's eyes and in some ways when I see the behind JW, they seem more connected to the music. In Vienna, the light level is much higher so we could see people relatively well, but in Berlin it is pretty dark. The masks are oddly helping. Are they giving these out at the door? It seems everyone is wearing the exact same kind.)

I think the city regs call for a particular mask type for these kinds of events.

Intermission right now. From the beginning of the live-stream to now, seeing the Maestro conducting the Berlin Philharmonic, my expression has been awe, wonderment, and a few tears of joy. Would someone refresh my memory? Has it been confirmed that this concert will eventually be released on CD and/or Blu-Ray? If so, like the Vienna concert, I will buy it in a heartbeat without a moment to spare. This is absolutely phenomenal.

Lucky to get a ticket before the concert after attending yesterday's concert. An impressive performance so far. The mishap in the horns in Olympic Fanfare from last night is long forgotten by now. 

Has it been confirmed that this concert will eventually be released on CD and/or Blu-Ray? If so, like the Vienna concert, I will buy it in a heartbeat without a moment to spare.

4 minutes ago, Runar said:

Lucky to get a ticket before the concert after attending yesterday's concert. An impressive performance so far. The mishap in the horns in Olympic Fanfare from last night is long forgotten by now. 

Hm... I'm watching the livestream online and I heard a mishap in the horns in that piece. I wonder, is last night's concert the one being broadcast?

3 minutes ago, Locrius said:

Hm... I'm watching the livestream online and I heard a mishap in the horns in that piece. I wonder, is last night's concert the one being broadcast?

I might have missed it :)

I'm watching the live stream and the snares at the end of the Raiders march is the same as I mentioned for the Thursday concert. It sounds amazing again. It only is a few seconds but it is a great little variation on an old classic.

If I buy a ticket on the www.digitalconcerthall.com website, do I'll  have access to the concert now, "on demand" or will I have to wait the live reprise tomorrow?

The orchestra smashed it. Great performance and very entertaining concert. My only minor complaint was do you  need marions theme fully played when it is played during the Raiders march? Maybe perform something else instead.  Loved it though

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Hello from the venue my friend!! You are all with us!  

Thank you so much for your kind words, my friend! Wasn`t it a wonderful concert? I would say it was even a tiny bit better than the Thursday performance. The Berlin Phil seem to so into these pieces by now and played their heart out like they knew this might be the last time they played under the baton of the Maestro and gave everything they had!

John Williams was in a good mood as ever but I felt - judging from the livestream - that he shortened some of the storys he told on Thursday a little bit. However he called the Berlin Phil "probably the best orchestra of the world"... well, take that Vienna! ;)