John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

9 hours ago, rough cut said:

It’ll be four versions of the album:

> standard version

> deluxe version

> standard version “live edition”

> deluxe version “live edition”

Bonus features: collectible postcards and good embossed packaging!

:P

2x4...with gold and yellow labels!

Amazon.de, fr, co.uk have it. Doesn't show up on JPC and DG yet.

Nice leakage...

5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

The cellist on the left looks like a mix of harrison ford and benedict cumberbach

With a touch of Richard Gere. 

47 minutes ago, Steve said:

Seems like CD only so far. No mention of Blueray or DVD. I hope that changes. 4 discs should include a video release...

Maybe DVD plus Blu-ray?

Or 2x2 audio CD sets -  2 CD without intros and applaus and 2 CD as "Live Edition"?

They should leave the comments in the video and leave them out on the CDs. I expect two CDs of music, 1 video BluRay of the concert and one documentary BluRay with Interviews, footage from rehearsals and the trip.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Seems like CD only so far. No mention of Blueray or DVD. I hope that changes. 4 discs should include a video release...

Guys, it clearly says CD + Bluray on the Amazon page for the Box set. For the others it says Double Disc and the other is one CD only. You just have to click on the Button that says "Audio CD" or "show other formats and releases" (or whatever that translates to english) :)

grafik.png

7 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Guys, it clearly says CD + Bluray on the Amazon page for the Box set. For the others it says Double Disc and the other is one CD only. You just have to click on the Button that says "Audio CD" or "show other formats and releases" (or whatever that translates to english) :)

grafik.png

Oh, nice. That is new today and wasn't shown yesterday yet.

1 hour ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Allright, it's my fault then :wave:. Can't be long until the official announcement by Deutsche Grammophon right? :lol:

No worries😉 yeah hopefully they will announce the 100 different editions soon😅

Oh man... I hope for this they stick to either a complete live version or a edited, clean "studio"-like version. Because for the Vienna album they didn't release the Mutter tracks without audience noise, so now I have this weird mixture of the high-res digital album with clean endings/beginnings mixed with the Introductions and Mutter tracks from the "live" edition CD with audience at the end. It's a mess!

16 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

It was never supposed to be released without applause anyway. It was a concert.

Sure, my point is that this time DG should make their mind up beforehand and stick to one or the other, not mix it up. Give me a complete live edition or a completely clean recording, but not a half-finished product, just to bring out another edition a few months later and milk the cow again.

4 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Can we expect DG to be in for the European Trilogy with a whopper Digipak coming Christmas 2022?

Don't give them any ideas ;)

18 hours ago, BB-8 said:

YES!!!! Though, I am hoping for the set to be 4K Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and two CDs. Instant purchase the moment it is available for pre-order.

John Williams 

Berliner Philharmoniker

Four beautiful words that swell my heart. I’m just glad to know I was alive when this came to pass and smart enough to appreciate the historical significance of seeing those four words on the Yellow Label. 

Welcome to the highest selling classical album of 2022.

I get that the concert was long enough it needs to be split over 2 CDs, but why in the world would the video not fit on one BD?

8108cGpb6OL._SL1500_.jpg

Source of that pic is the Amazon DE link to order the 2CD / 2BD set for €49.99: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09KN2QCP4

They also have a vinyl edition for €49.99: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09LZNNX68/

It's not on Amazon US yet but it is on some other European Amazons, all without prices listed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09KN2QCP4

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B09KN2QCP4

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B09KN2QCP4

Just now, Jay said:

but why in the world would the video not fit on one BD?

Maybe they're different days or different combinations of days :P

36 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Why would I pre-order something without having tracklist info?

I am personally hoping for The Asteroid Field and Leaving Home from Superman. 

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

I am personally hoping for The Asteroid Field and Leaving Home from Superman. 

I meant, I want to see if his speeches are complete first. And don't put it past DG to exclude a random piece. I will believe this is a perfect editoin when I've seen track durations and titles.