John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021

MaxTheHouseelf

5 hours ago, fommes said:

What do you think the difference between these two is?

https://www.nl.fnac.be/a16401774/John-Williams-JOHN-WILLIAMS-IN-BERLIN-Cd-album

https://www.nl.fnac.be/a16401773/John-Williams-JOHN-WILLIAMS-IN-BERLIN-Cd-album

Would the more expensive one be the 2CD & 2 blu-ray Deluxe version even though it just says 2CDs? This seems like the most logical, unless there are really two versions of the 2CD.

You are correct. The source reveals that first link is the 2 CD jewel case version (EAN 0028948620036). The second link is the 2 CD + 1 Blu-ray Video + 1 Blu-ray Audio version (EAN 0028948617135).

This is the 2 CD digipak version:

https://www.nl.fnac.be/a16401778/JOHN-WILLIAMS-IN-BERLIN

:w00t:

1238569.png

Ihre Bestellung ist unterwegs

Guten Tag,

folgende Artikel sind unterwegs zu Ihnen:

BESTELLNR.    ARTIKEL    ANZAHL
10770108    John Williams - The Berlin Concert (limitierte Au…    1
10770118    John Williams - The Berlin Concert (limitierte De…    1

Despatch notification - Order No: 9972451

The following item from your order has been picked and packed today, Wednesday 02 February 2022, and is scheduled to leave our warehouse tomorrow:

John Williams: The Berlin Concert - Blu-ray Edition
2 CDs + Blu-ray
Quantity: 1
Label: DG
Catalogue Number: 4861713

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Despatch notification - Order No: 9972451

The following item from your order has been picked and packed today, Wednesday 02 February 2022, and is scheduled to leave our warehouse tomorrow:

John Williams: The Berlin Concert - Blu-ray Edition
2 CDs + Blu-ray
Quantity: 1
Label: DG
Catalogue Number: 4861713

Got the same email. Ordered the same version. Things are looking good.

Amazon.de charged my card today (which was early German time). My CD+BR does not show shipped yet, but it's a good sign they took the funds. (At least I hope it is!)

(I have no idea about those Barnes & Noble prices! Bonkers!)

3 hours later...

And CDJapan just sent me a DHL tracking number!

The speeches and applause are longer than anything I have seen on TV so far.

Harrison Ford being in London etc. and the Princess Leia intro, stating that George Lucas didn't speak very much, are both in - I wasn't expecting this material.

So luckily this production does work out for me in the end.

What is annoying is that the end credits still feature the standard BPO list of musicians which is quite hard on the young academy members who were the actual stars on this occasion.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I will wait for the CD/Blu-ray edition to be on US Amazon with a reasonable non-import price.  If that doesn't happen then I'm not buying this.

Calm down, calm down! :lol:

16 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

The speeches and applause are longer than anything I have seen on TV so far.

Harrison Ford being in London etc. and the Princess Leia intro, stating that George Lucas didn't speak very much, are both in - I wasn't expecting this material.

So luckily this production does work out for me in the end.

What is annoying is that the end credits still feature the standard BPO list of musicians which is quite hard on the young academy members who were the actual stars on this occasion.

Could you talk about the speech to far and away, more specifically whether they preserved the horrible cuts from the DCH? 'Here's a little suite from Far and Away with TC and NK. (Cut) So you'll hear in this little suite..;' And towards the ending: 'And... (horrible cut) here is far and away.'

25 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Could you talk about the speech to far and away, more specifically whether they preserved the horrible cuts from the DCH? 'Here's a little suite from Far and Away with TC and NK. (Cut) So you'll hear in this little suite..;' And towards the ending: 'And... (horrible cut) here is far and away.'

I'm afraid they have conserved that harsh editing for Far and Away. JW went into far greater detail re the donnybrook. If I recall correctly, he actually went on and on about Far and Away on Thursday.

I think the Harry Potter intro works out OK, with that "stick or pole" and woodwind notion re Nimbus 2000.

So, Presto shipped part of my order today. Hurray! The "standard" 2CD and the deluxe edition with Blu-Rays. Interestingly, the "deluxe" CD-only set did not ship. Also odd they did a partial shipment which would indicate to me that they do not expect the "deluxe" CD set in the next few days to be in stock. 

FYI Quboz preorders of the Berlin Concert are now available for downloading. (The order button says Preorder, but you can download them immediately.) Presto does not show the ability to download (or purchase the digital version) yet. Probably that will change in the next hour as it becomes Feb 4 in the UK.

And sadly Fedex has informed me of a mechanical delay of my physical release package from Presto. Stuck in Stansted for now.

It's 4th of February in the UK, and Amazon UK has just updated the page of this release from "due to release on 4th of February" into '"not release yet"...

😔

3 hours ago, lairdo said:

Sadly Fedex has informed me of a mechanical delay of my physical release package from Presto. Stuck in Stansted for now.

:banghead:

Hopefully the delay is not long.

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

:banghead:

Hopefully the delay is not long.

Thanks!

Yes, hopefully not too long. I've enjoyed the digital release so far in any case!

10 hours ago, lairdo said:

Thanks!

Yes, hopefully not too long. I've enjoyed the digital release so far in any case!

I too ordered from Presto, so it is the same situation.

28 minutes ago, mahler3 said:

I made the epic fail of not realising that the DG Store limited LP edition isn’t released until the end of April so I have a VERY long wait, because they don’t ship part orders! 🤦‍♂️

You should just cancel the order and re-order separate orders?  Unless the limited LP is sold out already?

1 hour ago, mahler3 said:

I made the epic fail of not realising that the DG Store limited LP edition isn’t released until the end of April so I have a VERY long wait, because they don’t ship part orders! 🤦‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Dr. Rick said:

You should just cancel the order and re-order separate orders?  Unless the limited LP is sold out already?

Sorry to hear that mahler3. I agree with Dr. Rick. If the LP is sold out, I would order the CDs anyway and contact their support team. I've had to update addresses and cancel orders with them, and they are a bit slow (2-3 days) but helpful. So, you could order the CDs so they ship now (even if from Presto or somewhere else) and within a week have had your original order modified to just the LPs.

Having been rather slow on the uptake (yes, it's the Berlin Philharmonic, but on the other hand, it's very much a standard JW greatest hits concert with music I have so many times already so I wonder how often I'll actually listen to it or watch the Blu-Rat) I only just ordered this, but gotta hand it to Presto. Order 15.59, despatch 16.03. I have only ever used them for digital downloads but gotta say that's impressive... plus I don't have to order from Amazon.

1 hour ago, Dr. Rick said:

Better order the limited vinyls separately first and then cancel the old order - just to be on the safe side.

1 hour ago, mahler3 said:

Yup, me too.

I was wondering why I didn’t get a confirmation email so I could join and go play with the other kids that are posting theirs…

It’s you and me, buddy. We gotta tough it out.

‘Till April, then!

4 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Yup, me too.

I was wondering why I didn’t get a confirmation email so I could join and go play with the other kids that are posting theirs…

It’s you and me, buddy. We gotta tough it out.

‘Till April, then!

I was also hoping to receive the single vinyl today but had ordered that together with the double LP.

So, welcome to the April-Club!

Mine has just arrived. yay! Nice looking set. Annoyingly though I have a few family errands to do yet before i can sit down and give it a listen. And A watch. It might be tomorrow even. But at least i have it

`