Jump to content

John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021


Recommended Posts

So we need to buy a subscription if we want to get tickets now… pfff, bunch of criminals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings to all. I have been reading these forums for more than a year, and now I am encouraged to participate. The opportunity to see John Williams is incredible. I had a ticket to London, we already know what happened. I understand that if we buy the ticket for a concert, but it is suspended, they would refund the amount. But, the same is not the case with packages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

From the FSM thread

 

Quote

I just got the booklet for the upcoming Berlin Philharmonic season and this concert is mentioned:

 

Sat 16 Oct 19:00 (New York 13:00)

 

Berlin Philharmonic
John Williams conductor
Bruno Delepelaire cello

 

John Williams - Film music from Indiana Jones, E.T., Superman, Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc.
Elegy for violoncello and orchestra

 

This booklet does not mention additional concerts with the same program for this and other concerts in the season.

 

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=144281&forumID=1&archive=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

 

Woah, nice find!

 

Wait a minute, why does this program jump from Oct 9 to Oct 16?

 

Wasn't Williams supposed to do 3 shows, the 14, 15, and 16?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Wasn't Williams supposed to do 3 shows, the 14, 15, and 16?

It's just the program for the Digital Concert Hall, so only the concert that is livestreamed is mentioned here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised to see the elegy on there. It's a gorgeous piece, one of my top 3 favourite JW concert pieces, so that's a bonus for whoever gets a ticket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Holko said:

Does it accidentally say that SW, Indy and Hook were expanded already?

 

lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, pretty sure they will record/release it... I wouldn't mind if the Berliner Philharmoniker release it under their own label though, they made some beautiful packaging for other releases:

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker-recordings.com/?___store=rec_en&___from_store=rec_de

product_overview.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Thor said:

Surprised to see the elegy on there. It's a gorgeous piece, one of my top 3 favourite JW concert pieces, so that's a bonus for whoever gets a ticket.

I think it is the perfect non-occasional concert work to drop into a mostly film score concert.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Yeah, pretty sure they will record/release it... I wouldn't mind if the Berliner Philharmoniker release it under their own label though, they made some beautiful packaging for other releases:

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker-recordings.com/?___store=rec_en&___from_store=rec_de

product_overview.jpg

 

Oh I knowwwww. I fucking want all of them. Honestly, for display reasons only, I'm not that fond of Simon Rattle. Although I am always open-minded enough to try his stuff because he isn't always bad. I would certainly like to own his Farewell Mahler Sixth.

 

The Furtwangler Radio Recordings set is just truly beyond compare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

Hope you’re well.

Log on most days to the forums but generally lurk in the background…

However, I would be grateful if anyone can confirm that the singular tickets for the October 16th show in Berlin will go on general sale on August 8th and if so, any details on how to secure them would be really appreciated.

I was lucky to attend Vienna and intend to make the trip from the UK to Germany if possible.

Regards!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, liam0001 said:

Hi Guys,

Hope you’re well.

Log on most days to the forums but generally lurk in the background…

However, I would be grateful if anyone can confirm that the singular tickets for the October 16th show in Berlin will go on general sale on August 8th and if so, any details on how to secure them would be really appreciated.

I was lucky to attend Vienna and intend to make the trip from the UK to Germany if possible.

Regards!

Hi, tickets will go on sale on the 9th (monday) at 9:00 local time (8th was a mistake apparently as that is a sunday). You can order either through their website or by phone. Check this link out: https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/concerts/box-office-tickets/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Hi, tickets will go on sale on the 9th (monday) at 9:00 local time (8th was a mistake apparently as that is a sunday). You can order either through their website or by phone. Check this link out: https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/concerts/box-office-tickets/

Thanks so much for your help! All the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SteveMc said:

The Berlin JW performance vs. Vienna JW performance poll thread will be epic.

Can't wait for the Jurassic Shark vs Jurassic Shark Flub-Fu showdown

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pawel P. said:

Official ticket prices for each concert: 

 

35 to 98 €, special prices for subscribers

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/concerts/calendar/details/53783/

 

Does that mean that there will be single tickets available for the two concerts that are in the subscription series that haven't been sold yet? The price range is really nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

 

Does that mean that there will be single tickets available for the two concerts that are in the subscription series that haven't been sold yet? The price range is really nice.

 

Yes. And I suppose there are a lot of tickets left for both concerts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, carlborg said:

What does Serie K and Serie C mean?

 

Click on the links and you see they're the subscription cycles that the first two concerts are a part of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope this is again recorded by DG and he plays different pieces than Vienna. Hopefully Han Solo and the Princess and Rise of Skywalker among my top choices .Rise of Skywalker is already gorgeous on the OST but I bet he would tweak it to offer a different performance (like Rebellion of Reborn in Vienna)

 

Lets hope Covid doesn't screw up everything again by October

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A precautionary note: if all things Covid keep on developing the way they currently do, by the time the concerts take place, only people with full immunisation (i. e., two shots + 15 days) will be permitted to attend large-scale indoor events. This development might also affect those of you from abroad travelling to ZE FAZZERLAND!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kühni said:

A precautionary note: if all things Covid keep on developing the way they currently do, by the time the concerts take place, only people with full immunisation (i. e., two shots + 15 days) will be permitted to attend large-scale indoor events. This development might also affect those of you from abroad travelling to ZE FAZZERLAND!  

 

Only if you don't have the two shots and sufficient time, I think. If you have the 'corona pass', you should be able to travel more or less normally without quarantines and tests.

 

I'll tune in Monday morning to see what it's like to get a ticket, and how much it will be. If I get one, great, if I don't -- I'll live with that too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Price range for the tickets is 35-98 Euros.

 

The Philharmonie already published the safety measures to attend the concert: https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/concerts/visiting-information/

 

Of course all is subject to change, but it's safe to assume that there won't be dramatic change of scenario in two months, so if you're fully vaccinated you'll be okay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 is already stretching my budget, but that's probably tucked away in a corner in the back, behind a huge pillar! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Of course all is subject to change, but it's safe to assume that there won't be dramatic change of scenario in two months, so if you're fully vaccinated you'll be okay.

 

Unless there's another lockdown. With Delta not getting under control, you never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we buy tickets for this what are the chances between now and the concert that Germany will stop allowing US travelers in without quarantining for 10 days or whatever? 

 

We already got screwed out of a planned Scandinavian vacation for this winter because of that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.