Jump to content

John Williams & Berliner Philharmoniker 14th/15th/16th Oct 2021


Recommended Posts

On 9/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, BB-8 said:

there seem to be quite a few nerds screening the site every other minute.


This made me laugh as it’s so true!


(Having done it myself last week!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I'm looking for 1-2 tickets to JW Berlin concert.  Any seats/dates are fine with me, if anyone can't go or just got a spare to sell, please kindly let me know.

 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jensenh said:

Hi all,

 

I'm looking for 1-2 tickets to JW Berlin concert.  Any seats/dates are fine with me, if anyone can't go or just got a spare to sell, please kindly let me know.

 

Thank you

There are still tickets becoming available on the philharmonic website. 

I got mine 3 days ago. 

Try often and hopefully you will be lucky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

 

I would like to gently ask for a little help. There is someone from Germany (or Berlin) who will attend the concert and who can kindly contact me via PM?

 

I have the ticket for the concert but I have a little doubt to solve to organize the better organize the trip but I am having some difficulty contacting the ticket information office to receive a confirmation.

 

Thank you very much for the help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, Hugo said:

Hello everyone,

 

I would like to gently ask for a little help. There is someone from Germany (or Berlin) who will attend the concert and who can kindly contact me via PM?

 

I have the ticket for the concert but I have a little doubt to solve to organize the better organize the trip but I am having some difficulty contacting the ticket information office to receive a confirmation.

 

Thank you very much for the help

 

TICKET ALERT!

 

Konzertkalender (berliner-philharmoniker.de)

On 9/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

seriously? i checked 5 minutes ago!

Damn there is one...but i need two, as i'm not going there without my wife... :/

Webshop (berliner-philharmoniker.de)

 

...gone...not yet...almost...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BB-8 I'm sure you made someone happy by notifying here that some tickets were available for sale in the shop today... anyway, I already had mine...;) I had asked help for a different problem not tickets.

 

Indeed, I take the opportunity even here to thank those who have PM'ed me (you know who you are) in these days and that offered me their help and suggestions. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Hugo said:

@BB-8 I'm sure you made someone happy by notifying here that some tickets were available for sale in the shop today... anyway, I already had mine...;) I had asked help for a different problem not tickets.

 

Indeed, I take the opportunity even here to thank those who have PM'ed me (you know who you are) in these days and that offered me their help and suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks, there were just so many tickets for Saturday up for grabs (at one point 18!) that I just had to call out to the fan community.

 

This bout of tickets came rather unexpectedly. Also the time of day was unusual. Tickets even popped up in groups of 4.

 

For anyone who wasn't lucky, keep checking like an utter nerd. Who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not that it's interesting to anyone, but I've now booked a room at the Motel One Berlin Mitte from Wednesday to Sunday, just because it's close to Kreuzberg, where I haven't stayed before. Anyone in the proximity wanting to hang out, I'm all for it.

 

By the way, has anyone made any initiatives for get-togethers? I seem to remember a separate thread about it....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Not that it's interesting to anyone, but I've now booked a room at the Motel One Berlin Mitte from Wednesday to Sunday, just because it's close to Kreuzberg, where I haven't stayed before. Anyone in the proximity wanting to hang out, I'm all for it.

 

By the way, has anyone made any initiatives for get-togethers? I seem to remember a separate thread about it....

 

I'm expecting the dates to be pushed back, so I haven't made any travel arrangements yet. And if there's a lot of COVID around I don't want to travel anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Michael G. said:

@ThorWhich concert will you attend?

 

Thursday. Up in the choir section, of all places.

 

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm expecting the dates to be pushed back, so I haven't made any travel arrangements yet. And if there's a lot of COVID around I don't want to travel anyway.

 

Let's hope for the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I live in Germany, so I might hear some of the politics. The numbers are rising very sharply right now. But I don't think it's so uncertain that the concert will take place, because now the politicians don't want to look at the infection figures per se, but at the hospitalization rate. We have a very good health care system, so this should not be a problem too quickly. And I think for vaccinated and recovered people (2G rule) it will not fail at all. Currently, one test is enough (3G rule), but let's see how that will hold up with such high numbers. By the way, the tests are no longer free of charge from 11 October in Germany, which is perhaps somewhat inappropriate.:lol:

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

 

At least people won't think you're crazy when belting out Korah! Matah! Korah! Rahtahmah!

Yes exactly, those sitting on the normal stage get in and hum the ostinato and melody a capella, so it should fit..:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael G. said:

The numbers are rising very sharply right now. But I don't think it's so uncertain that the concert will take place, because now the politicians don't want to look at the infection figures per se, but at the hospitalization rate.

 

Yeah, but it could scare JW away from traveling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

 

Yeah, but it could scare JW away from traveling.

Well, at least he's been conducting a lot of concerts lately (albeit outside), but maybe that's a good sign. And I am almost very sure that he is vaccinated, so I am confident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My worry about sitting in the choir section is my tinnitus. I've sat there before, for example with the Oslo Philharmonic, and it's right behind the percussion section, which gets really loud at times. Seems odd to bring earplugs to a symphonic concert, but I might just have to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

 

At least people won't think you're crazy when belting out Korah! Matah! Korah! Rahtahmah!

Or the Amistad choir...forgotten the text.

Private Ryan would just need umming and aahing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thor said:

 

By the way, has anyone made any initiatives for get-togethers? I seem to remember a separate thread about it....

So, is there such a thread or does someone create it where then everyone who goes to the concerts can write?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Thor said:

My worry about sitting in the choir section is my tinnitus. I've sat there before, for example with the Oslo Philharmonic, and it's right behind the percussion section, which gets really loud at times. Seems odd to bring earplugs to a symphonic concert, but I might just have to.

Oh I have tinnitus too sometimes. And sensitive for hard music/sound too. I wear earplugs when needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

 

Yeah, but it could scare JW away from traveling.

Yes, it could. But the situation in the US is far worse than in Germany and even that hasn't stopped Williams from conducting. Of course all these concerts have been outdoors in a way (even tangelwood in a way). We will see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

No lockdown doesn't rule out limitations on large gatherings, such as concerts, if the number of hospitalised infected reaches a critical level.

Of course not, but the question is firstly whether there will be one at all and secondly whether this also applies to those who have recovered and those who have been vaccinated. If vaccinated and recovered people were not allowed to attend the concert, my understanding of fundamental rights would definitely raise doubts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes thats right. But in germany we are far away from reaching that critical level at the moment. In the last days the Covid incidence are constant. And more people will be vaccinated. So there is no panic

 

The water is not unknown. Vaccinated and recovered people will get there rights back. All others maybe not. Thats the fact here. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don´t know the vaccination rate in Norway. Before the pandemic i was on holiday in norway for two weeks (only Lofoten). I travel a lot but that was something of the best i have ever seen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Michael G. said:

66.5%

 

Interesting. Does it seem to stagnate around this percentage, or is it increasing?

 

17 minutes ago, heritage said:

Before the pandemic i was on holiday in norway for two weeks (only Lofoten). I travel a lot but that was something of the best i have ever seen. 

 

I haven't visited it yet! :lol:

 

17 minutes ago, heritage said:

I don´t know the vaccination rate in Norway.

 

Vaccination statistics of Norway from yesterday, Friday 10 September:

 

18 or older:

 

1st shot: 90%

2nd shot: 79.8%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

 

Interesting. Does it seem to stagnate around this percentage, or is it increasing?

 

 

I haven't visited it yet! :lol:

 

 

Vaccination statistics of Norway from yesterday, Friday 10 September:

 

18 or older:

 

1st shot: 90%

2nd shot: 79.8%

Well, originally, Germany was behind because it forgot to order vaccine (together with the EU). But now I think we've reached a level that's not going to go up very much. I admire the Scandinavian countries because they are always so progressive, which is shown among other things in the vaccination rates. Well, in two weeks we have federal elections, and it looks like the emergence of a left-wing government (hope that does not violate the forum rules).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Michael G. said:

I admire the Scandinavian countries because they are always so progressive, which is shown among other things in the vaccination rates.

 

There's been criticism against our government because they opted out from ordering vaccinees independently when they became available, because they were already getting vaccines through the EEA... which got delayed.

 

Anyway, it was during the summer that we really got the vaccination speed up, when the number of doses received increased dramatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Michael G. said:

The link works in France but probably because Arte is German/French

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, heritage said:

JW is on 30th September and October 2 & 3 in Boston. He will conduct the BSO.   I´am absolutely sure when this events will take place, then Berlin will also take place. I think he will fly to Berlin very early to prepare. Maybe after some days rest in Boston . I think he will not fly back to LA because the Boston - Berlin flight is significantly shorter and without switch the plane.

And i think JW will that the Berlin concerts will take place necessarily because its a dream for him to conduct this orchestra, similar to the Vienna Orchestra last year.

 

 

Mike Matessino confirmed in a recent podcast that this is indeed the case. He'll go to Berlin directly from Boston.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Remco said:

 

Mike Mattesino confirmed in a recent podcast that this is indeed the case. He'll go to Berlin directly from Boston.

So possibly in time for the Opus Klassik Life Achievement Award  2021?

 

https://www.opusklassik.de

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too bad there's almost 0 chance he'll conduct the Rise of Skywalker suite  since he's snubbed it so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

Too bad there's almost 0 chance he'll conduct the Rise of Skywalker suite  since he's snubbed it so far.

Really? Why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.