Which Berlin concert(s) are you planning to attend?

Fabulin

Which Berlin concert(s) are you planning to attend?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Berlin concert(s) are you planning to attend?

• Thursday, 14.10.2021
    • Friday, 15.10.2021
    • Saturday, 16.10.2021
    • 14 & 15
    • 15 & 16
    • 14 & 16
    • 14, 15 & 16

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

I thought the 16th was just some digital re-airing of the prior 2 days concerts?

No. These are three concerts, and the Saturday one will be broadcasted live on the Internet.

I'd love to go to all three, but probably I'll go to the Friday and Saturday concerts. Unless they announce in advance that the programs will be different, but that's highly unlikely, especially since they'll film it.

Possible 14 & 16. Main priority is to hopefully get a ticket for at least one of them. Depending on the prices, I could imagine going for three, but I'd probably also worry about others not getting tickets at all if all of us go to all three concerts, plus I've never been to Berlin, so it probably makes sense to have at least one evening for other stuff. 14 & 16 would give me the spontaneity of the first night and the hopeful refined-ness of the last one, plus some security in case it all turns out to be a bit too much for Williams and the first or last concert gets compromised.

So far I've secured a ticket for the first concert. I may try for the other concerts on August 8th if I can convince other people to go. 

Wait, how did you get a ticket for only the first concert?  I thought there was a package deal thing and you were forced to buy tickets to multiple concerts until August?

Ah OK

The wife and I are interested in going to this but the package pricing is ludicrous, meaning we have to wait until August 8th to even have a chance to get a ticket, which isn't a guarantee, which means we can't book plane tickets until after we find out if we get them or not, which means prices will be higher than then they are now.  Really dumb.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ah OK

The wife and I are interested in going to this but the package pricing is ludicrous, meaning we have to wait until August 8th to eve have a chance to get a ticket, which isn't a guarantee, which means we can't book plane tickets until after we find out if we get them or not, which means prices will be higher than then they are not.  Really dumb.

Maybe subscription plus early flight is cheaper than late flight with single ticket?

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Then there's empty seats at 5 concerts that could have been enjoyed by someone else.  It's all so dumb.

You may notify the ticket office about subscription concerts you're not able to attend, so they can sell the seat to somebody else.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Then there's empty seats at 5 concerts that could have been enjoyed by someone else.  It's all so dumb.

It's standard practice at least. Subscriptions go up in the spring (that bit's later than usual, in fact, unless Berlin is usually later than Vienna), and individual tickets go on sale e.g. 2 months before the actual concert. You get the same procedure at most concert halls and opera houses in Vienna. It's not very convenient for intercontinental visitors, but I wonder if they've ever given them much thought when setting up these systems.

You can of course always get a full cycle and give the individual tickets away to someone else. I'm not sure if it's "legal" to "sell" them, but as long as it's a private exchange, it shouldn't be a problem. I can't imagine the tickets being in any way directly tied to you personally (e.g. it's very usual for people buy two seats in a cycle and take a different person to each concert, or to give their tickets way if they're sick, or have another engagement at the same time, or are simply not interested in a particular concert). COVID rules may of course vary, so be sure to check the fine print.

At the Vienna State Opera, there's an additional deadline much, much earlier where you can *reserve* tickets, and I have no idea how that factors into the start of the regular tickets sales - i.e. if there's even a single ticket left at that point if you haven't reserved one months earlier.

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You may notify the ticket office about subscription concerts you're not able to attend, so they can sell the seat to somebody else.

Yea but would they give me a refund for all the tickets I wouldn't use?

I'll also try to get tickets for Saturday. I think it will definitely be possible to get a ticket on the 9th, the Philharmonie has 2250 seats after all. Could get tough nonetheless...:unsure:, especially when you cannot buy tickets by phone right?

I will try to get tickets for Saturday. Unfortunately I can't get to Berlin during the week, or rather my wife can't since she is a teacher. And she is as interested as I am.