The Empire Strikes Back OST - first track as originally planned, without 'This Is Not A Cave'

BrotherSound

3 hours ago, Permanent Waves said:

Huh, so that transition into the insert from the RCA SE was intended by Williams for the OST?

Now, that part I had to guess on: the insert is included in the album score, so it seems it was intended to be used somewhere, though unfortunately there’s no specific directions. It just seems to me to fit pretty well as a coda to the longer 1M2 New Start insert, as heard on the special edition.

13 hours ago, blondheim said:

That section has always been one of my favorite moments in the score. It and Carbon Freeze are the two things I miss most when I spin the OST.

I'll assume you're talking about the Star Wars B theme that would have played over Chewie's intro just so I can agree with you. :)

2 hours ago, Tallguy said:

I'll assume you're talking about the Star Wars B theme that would have played over Chewie's intro just so I can agree with you. :)

Another great moment of a theme not often heard. The entire Hoth sequence is Williams at his best

1 hour ago, Cameron007 said:

Where did you find out about this alternate album?

It’s only this one track that’s any different. The “Album Score” accurately records the edits and cue combinations for every other track.

Actually, there’s one minor exception: the score of 5M3 Yoda’s Entrance shows a cut to 5M3 End Fix where it was originally intended to appear, but what’s heard on the album is a combination of the original ending with the timpani solo from the End Fix version, most likely dictated from the podium.

• 1 month later...

Finally checking this out!

That transition at 3:23 is super interesting!  I feel like if we all grew up with that edit, it wouldn't feel weird to us.  And we would have appreciated the extra music on the 1994 set there even more!

The edit at 4:12 feels pretty awkward though...

The revised ending (insert #2) being properly edited in sounds great, though :up:

so it included that amazing trumpet solo of the SW B theme but cut off before the 2 amazing statements of Leia's theme

On 8/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, Tallguy said:

That will have to be on the Ultimate Star Wars set that should be coming out any day now  century now

On 8/6/2021 at 5:00 AM, Tallguy said:

That will have to be on the Ultimate Star Wars set that should be coming out any day now. 

I've given up waiting for proper Star Wars expansions. It's clearly not a priority for Disney.