Hans Zimmer & Stanley Meyer's THE WIND (1986) - 2021 Premiere by Note For Note Music

Jay

There was some recent post on HZ.com saying that The Wind or The Zero Boys was going to release on CD soon, though where they got that information from I'm not sure. The latter would certainly fit the FB post description well, since that was only on LP prior.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Ah.  So it's one of these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_(1986_film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zero_Boys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_Exposure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_at_Noon

I think Zimmer is calling the music "shit", not this release of it.  Like, he doesn't think it's his best work.

I don't think he was implying the title wasn't licensed properly.

Agreed.  

8 hours ago, Jay said:

I think Zimmer is calling the music "shit", not this release of it.  Like, he doesn't think it's his best work.

I don't think he was implying the title wasn't licensed properly.

Yeah that's probably it. I don't see how something would get released from an actual label without going through the proper channels.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Could have sworn he worked on Varèse releases. I must be delusional. 

I have done both for years.  I was a contractor since 2014.  I moved on a little bit ago to build NFN up as I wasn't giving it the attention it deserved. 

So I decided to double check the Zero Boys page to refresh on the comments I mentioned earlier, and found this fascinating exchange happened recently:

Spoiler

QeDdx80.png

3LHILHB.png

(Stéphane is the real name for Hybrid Soldier, if anyone is curious)

Not really sure what to make of this, besides Zimmer maybe begrudgingly agreeing to it as a means of appeasing his associates and die hard fans (do note how the FB post would've more addressed the casual crowd presumably). Had to really have changed his mind fairly late for this to hold any weight.

7 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Yeah that's probably it. I don't see how something would get released from an actual label without going through the proper channels.

*cough*Perseverance*cough*

mdP4s6NQ_1024x1024.jpg?v=1625131494

Novelist Sian Anderson travels to the solitude Greek island Monemvasia from her Los Angeles home to write her newest mystery book; she is also advised that a strong and massive wind will occur throughout the night and is recommended to stay indoors while the wind blows from the sea. While writing her novel, she witnesses the local handyman, Phil, murder her landlord, Elias Appleby, and soon comes under attack from the crazed psychopath while the deadly wind continues to occur throughout the night.

Featuring music by Hans Zimmer and Stanley Myers and never before released on CD. When we approached Omega to release this score, we were hoping for pristine masters and they definitely had them. This is a great 80s horror score augmented by some great orchestral passages.

The Wind
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Music Composed by Hans Zimmer and Stanley Myers
NFN Catalog # NFN-1024
UPC: 850001545457

Music Editor : Bruce Cannon
Music Recorded at Lillie Yard Studios
Electronic Music Performed by Hans Zimmer
Music Conducted by Stanley Myers

Executive Producers for Notefornote Music: Bryon Davis
Art Design: Herman Owen
Additional Mastering: James Nelson at Digital Outland

Fully licensed & approved to Notefornote Entertainment by Omega Entertainment, Inc. 
(c) (p) 1986, 2021 Omega Entertainment, Inc.

Track List:

1. 1m01 Pinocchio My Son / 1M02 Loving Airship / 1m03-04 Sian's Theme (4:16) Stanley Myers
  2. 1M05 Believe In Ghosts / 2m06 Banging Shutter / 2m07 The Wind #1 / 2m08 The Wind #2  (1:28) Hans Zimmer
  3. 2m07A Greek Theme (1:23) Stanley Myers
  4. 2m09 Stranger On The Island (1:52) Hans Zimmer
  5. 3m10 Phil's Entrance / 3m11 Advice On The Murder / 3m14 Phil Suspense (1:53) Hans Zimmer
  6. 3m12 Elias' Murder (1:33) Stanley Myers
  7. 3m15 Hello Scarecrow (1:48) Stanley Myers
  8. 4m17 Threatened / 4m18 Down To The Cellar (1:11) Hans Zimmer
  9. 4m19A Cassette Player Source (3:15) Hans Zimmer
  10. 4m19B Cassette Player Overlay (0:28) Stanley Myers
  11. 5m21 Sickle Theme (0:34) Hans Zimmer
  12. 5m22 Around The House / 5m23 Blowing His Fuse / 5m24 Elias' Wife (4:37) Hans Zimmer
  13. 6m25 Death Of Elias' Wife (0:59) Stanley Myers
  14. 6m26 Knife / 6m27 Phone Call / 6m28 Silent Threat / 6m29 You'll Die, Anderson (4:17) Hans Zimmer
  15. 6m29A Corpse In The Closet (2:03) Hans Zimmer
  16. 7m30 Climbing The Wall (1:10) Stanley Myers
  17. 7m31 A Moment Of Relief (0:59) Hans Zimmer
  18. 8m34 Broken Statuette / 8m35 Bad Lovin' (3:13) Hans Zimmer
  19. 8m36 Phil In Pursuit / 9m37 The Snear  (2:50) Hans Zimmer
  20. 9m38 Danger Avoided / 9m39 Shoot Up / 9m40 Phil Gets It Wrong (4:27) Hans Zimmer
  21. 10m41 The Earth Moves / 10m42 Talking To Bones / 10m43 Phil Gets Vertigo (4:30) Stanley Myers
  22. 10m43 Overlay Heart Beat (Wild) (1:25) Hans Zimmer
  23. 10m44 End Title (2:40) Stanley Myers

On 7/2/2021 at 6:28 AM, Koray Savas said:

*cough*Perseverance*cough*

Unless I’ve missed something, they’ve been awfully quiet on the release front for quite some time (years).

6 hours ago, Ollie said:

Unless I’ve missed something, they’ve been awfully quiet on the release front for quite some time (years).

Yes, I don’t really consider them in business anymore, but they did release Slipstream without approval from the proper rights holders. 

Music Box Records also did the same with Morricone’s Orca. 

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Yes, I don’t really consider them in business anymore, but they did release Slipstream without approval from the proper rights holders. 

Music Box Records also did the same with Morricone’s Orca. 

Yeah I bought Slipstream in good faith from them. 

I think I’ve only bought 1-2 other releases from Perseverance. 

Did we ever find out what their "Holy grail" title they promised for years was? 

On 7/2/2021 at 8:51 PM, Thor said:

Great news. I'm totally unfamiliar with this. But all Zimmer/Myers collabs deserve a release.

Zimmer disagrees, and quite strongly, too.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Did we ever find out what their "Holy grail" title they promised for years was? 

He's been chasing this one score i won't disclose. Rights headache.

So you agree that it's a holy grail to a lot of fans... Or is it just a holy grail for himself 

• 2 weeks later...