2021 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION studio sites (featuring music)

thx99

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

The end is nigh...

Certainly feels that way. Only a matter of time before the rest of the studios follow that. I'm sure someone will still find some way to figure out how to look at it all still, but it'll take some time. It already feels more and more rare to see CDs for some of these things too. There was a period where it felt like those things popped up everywhere on eBay and it seems to have slowed down quite a bit. I see a lot of the same listing on eBay for FYC CDs with a couple new ones here and there. I swear though, there's some listings that have been up there for years.

Honestly, I am surprised that more of this is not hidden behind some kind of log-in anyways. Thankful it hasn't been. I have always wondered though if Academy members have had access to more material. I assume they have.

4 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Honestly, I am surprised that more of this is not hidden behind some kind of log-in anyways. Thankful it hasn't been. I have always wondered though if Academy members have had access to more material. I assume they have.

Yeah, for the past couple of years they have sent out direct links to scores for consideration as well as the films themselves. And I believe you have to log-in with your credentials to their website. They really started slowing down since 2019, this year even more it seems.

I've been meaning to try and guess the hypotherical links for the missing tracks of The Last Duel and The King's Man and I've finally done what I aimed to do for a few weeks, but sadly I haven't been able to find anything. For The Last Duel I even attempted to use any of the missing cue numbers of the rest of the score (since the film consists of telling the same story three times from different POVs, so the cue could have come from different acts of the film) but I found no luck. I haven't tried to alter the title of "Court of King Charles", but I did attempt variations of "Visit from King George - Time to Suite Up" by taking away the last letters (since 2m17 and 6m41A-C also feature cut titles) but I got no luck there either. At this point I would rather assume that those tracks either have not been uploaded at all, or that it's near impossible to find them by guessing.

Maybe we'll find some luck if the composers could be contacted and if they could do something to notify the mistake and to fix the links on the Disney FYC website or if they're generous enough, to share the files directly.

17 hours ago, TSMefford said:

It already feels more and more rare to see CDs for some of these things too

Issuing CDs will appeal to those who are swayed by being sent 'stuff' but it definitely feels that's firmly in the past. I'm actually rather glad to see the end of that era, if only because Williams/Zimmer FYCs go for preposterous reselling prices.

If more studios go this way it will be disappointing, but with most releases now being digital-only now, and FYC contents largely being the same, it doesn't strike me that we're losing that much.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done, @Imperivm!!!  I have incorporated the "Cost of War" link into the main post and updated the entry.  I've tried even more combinations for "5m39A Visit From King George - Time To Suit Up" and  "... Suite Up" as the Disney site lists it without success.  Tried combinations of upper and lower case for "to/To" and "from/From".  Nada!

Also...

18 hours ago, thx99 said:

Well done, @Imperivm!!!  I have incorporated the "Cost of War" link into the main post and updated the entry.  I've tried even more combinations for "5m39A Visit From King George - Time To Suit Up" and  "... Suite Up" as the Disney site lists it without success.  Tried combinations of upper and lower case for "to/To" and "from/From".  Nada!

It's possible that this missing MP3 file ("5m39A...") includes those seven random characters following the text portion of its link, like we see with some of the other files.  These characters appear to be made up of a combination of "0"-"9", "A"-"Z", and "a"-"z".  So each of the seven characters can be one of 62 values.  Expanding that out to all seven characters, and we have a total possible number of combinations of 62^7 or 3,521,614,606,208 possible combinations!!!

So even if we knew the exact text portion of the link ("5m39A Visit From King George - Time To Suit Up"), we'd still have to try the over 3 trillion possible seven-character options.

1 hour ago, thx99 said:

It's possible that this missing MP3 file ("5m39A...") includes those seven random characters following the text portion of its link, like we see with some of the other files.  These characters appear to be made up of a combination of "0"-"9", "A"-"Z", and "a"-"z".  So each of the seven characters can be one of 62 values.  Expanding that out to all seven characters, and we have a total possible number of combinations of 62^7 or 3,521,614,606,208 possible combinations!!!

So even if we knew the exact text portion of the link ("5m39A Visit From King George - Time To Suit Up"), we'd still have to try the over 3 trillion possible seven-character options.

It's worth mentioning all of the tracks that have the random text at the end can also be accessed without the text.

For example, your index lists 2m17 as :

https://disneystudiosawards.com/media/soundtracks/The_Kings_Man_Matthew_Margeson__Dominic_Lewis__2m17_Rasputin_Convinces_the_T_vyKCJJx.mp3

but it's also accessible as :

https://disneystudiosawards.com/media/soundtracks/The_Kings_Man_Matthew_Margeson__Dominic_Lewis__2m17_Rasputin_Convinces_the_Tsar.mp3

16 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

It's worth mentioning all of the tracks that have the random text at the end can also be accessed without the text.

For example, your index lists 2m17 as :

https://disneystudiosawards.com/media/soundtracks/The_Kings_Man_Matthew_Margeson__Dominic_Lewis__2m17_Rasputin_Convinces_the_T_vyKCJJx.mp3

but it's also accessible as :

https://disneystudiosawards.com/media/soundtracks/The_Kings_Man_Matthew_Margeson__Dominic_Lewis__2m17_Rasputin_Convinces_the_Tsar.mp3

Wait a second, so the link works even without cutting the title or changing the last letters (Tsar.mp3 and T_vyKCJJ.mp3 link to the same track?). How is that possible?

Some of the combinations I tried were:
- 5m39A Visit From King George - Time To Suit Up
- 5m39A Visit from King George - Time to Suit Up
- 5m39A Visit from King George - Time to Suit up

And gradually removing a letter each time (since tracks like 2m17, 6m41A-C had cut-off titles in the link to the track) and changing the " - " that splits the two parts of the title to "__" or even just "_" in the link... while simultaneously searching for both .mp3 and .wav files.
Still nothing.

I guess I'll try again in a couple of weeks, maybe they're updating the database / fixing titles the closer we get to the awards season...

Finally, it's ironic that the two missing tracks from the Disney website have both something to do with monarchy (King Charles for The Last Duel and King George for The King's Man) and I wonder if there's a connection there... Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2022 at 10:45 PM, JNHFan2000 said:

Still nothing on the missing track from The King's Man???

Randomly found this thread while googling, lol! I so want to find this track as well!
Been trying sooo many different variations of the possible link...! Hopefully someone will figure it out one day. It is a great cue!

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2022 at 4:47 PM, May the Force be with You said:

Apparently there are two cues on Daniel Futcher website who's an additional composer of The King's Man

How Dare You (2mX) and Helmet Orchestra

Don't recall to have seen them in the FYC/Complete score

Thanks for finding and sharing them!

Looking up on hans-zimmer.com, it lists Helmet Orchestra as an unused track, but there's no sign of "How Dare You"... I wonder if it's a rejected cue or maybe a deleted scene? I haven't seen the film (yet) so I don't know if that line appears in the film or not.

As for the "2mx", I suppose it most likely is an abbreviation for "stereo mix" than a cue title / slate. It could be either way, but having seen that appear multiple times as an abbreviation, I'm leaning more on that to be the case.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TSMefford said:

I know this is barely related, but I just had to share. REALLY?

Lemony FYC.JPG

This is insane. Especially on an FYC that is not remotely rare and contains no unreleased music - it's the OST, minus the song. LOL.

$25,700? I sure hope it's a typo.

Ordered!

I am upset that there's no FYC score for F9 (no doubt it would have been the same as the standard OST, however, with how lazy Universal are when it comes to releasing the FYC scores).

Thanks for the heads-up, @May the Force be with You!!  I've gone ahead and created the thread for the 2022 FYCs (below).  Amazon Prime Video has a few music pages set up but not populated yet, so I've added those as well as the Walt Disney links.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Agent_Galahad said:

Any news on the "Visit from King George - Time to Suite Up" Track?

None. The FYC page is dead now, but the individual audio links are still active. Still, there has been several attempts and hundreds of combinations to try to get the cue, none succeeded.

Unless someone has a ton of luck and is willing to dedicate a ton of time on this, I'm now counting more on a leak than on getting the missing FYC track. Same deal for The Last Duel.

6 minutes ago, Imperivm said:

None. The FYC page is dead now, but the individual audio links are still active. Still, there has been several attempts and hundreds of combinations to try to get the cue, none succeeded.

Unless someone has a ton of luck and is willing to dedicate a ton of time on this, I'm now counting more on a leak than on getting the missing FYC track. Same deal for The Last Duel.

That's too bad. Thank you though.

• 11 months later...

Wow, I feel like Ive just discovered a treasure trove of soundtrack music. Unfortunately Im too late, and the music I wanted is all taken down off the sites. Does anyone by chance have the fyc for Lorne Balfe's "The Tomorrow War" saved?