An English Professor's Thoughts on JW

Tom

54 minutes ago, Sibelius6 said:

Williams scored Apollo 13? The Last Jedi disappointment? Best score and film of the sequels. Nice read though.

Yup. I tuned out when he said TLJ was a disappointment. 

And I know he couldn’t have known, but it’s pretty hilarious he suggested TROS could be this franchise’s Return of the King

What would cause anyone to think JW scored Apollo 13?

Did he watch the film and think it sounded like a Williams score?

Or was he thinking SpaceCamp in his head but typed Apollo 13?

What is this?

You should post in the comments field about the APOLLO 13 error. I could do it myself, but I don't like to leave my e-mail addresses all over the place. Perhaps some of you are more comfortable with it.

5 hours ago, Sibelius6 said:

Williams scored Apollo 13? The Last Jedi disappointment? Best score and film of the sequels. Nice read though.

Someone should remind the professor that JW also scored Back to the Future.

With TLJ dissapointment he meant the movie, not the music and I agree.

Anyway, here in the forum I have read better texts about JW admiration. From a published article you would expect more interesting insights in the topic than a listing of some JW scores and how the author felt as a boy listening to Star Wars music. 

Actually, only interesting fact from that article was, that JW scored Apollo 13 and that fact is wrong. 

Hmmmmm.  Why I should care more about what an "English Professor" thinks about JW than what a plumber or marine biologist thinks?

Here's what a law professor thinks: English professors should get their facts straight before they write about John Williams or anything else!