Best fan versions and scans of the OG theatrical versions of the SW Episodes 1, 4-6

mxsch

10 hours ago, Brando said:

What about Vader’s “noooooo” at the end being shortened? I was 6 when I saw it in theaters so I can’t remember it being longer than the current version, but that’s the story.

I don't think that's true, I've never heard that nor can I find anything; plus the music isn't edited there at all which would be an indicator of a change. Maybe you're thinking of the added "nooooo" in ROTJ? 

On 7/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, Manakin Skywalker said:

I don't think that's true, I've never heard that nor can I find anything; plus the music isn't edited there at all which would be an indicator of a change. Maybe you're thinking of the added "nooooo" in ROTJ? 

I know they added it to Jedi, but I could’ve sworn I read somewhere that it was shortened, but I can’t recall myself and haven’t seen a lot of people mentioning that. Maybe what I read was wrong, but I think it was on IMDb, which isn’t always a reliable source, but I don’t see why anyone would make it up.

Interesting, I remember reading something about them tweaking the "Noooooo" in the Frankenstein scene also. Huh.

Then again, I swear I remember Luke missing the first grappling hook throw the first time I saw Star Wars, so there's that.

• 1 year later...
On 12/07/2021 at 11:15 PM, Tallguy said:

Wasn't the 1977 version screened at some ceremony for Marcia Lucas not too long ago? An exceptional case, I know.

I heard he personally screened it for friends and a few theater employees as the very last showing at theater that was shutting down in NJ that had been one of relatively few to have shown it on opening day in 1977.