Tanglewood 2021 season includes several Williams concerts

Miguel Andrade

That has been a question that has been bounced around buy ticket buyers, but I think its not going to change, especially since all the pre-sale tickets are essentially for donors or big sponsors. Something similar happened a few years back at the Pops in Boston, they held a TON of tickets for a corporate sponsor so the normal donors had slim pickings (nearly sold out) when their pre-sale came up. People were being bumped up but you had to call after a certain date when they unannounced released unclaimed held tickets. So who knows.

I bought one for Film Night in August. They still had seats available in the back of the shed, which I recommend because it's hard to see from the lawn. Cheap tickets too.

Got a couple lawn “seats” before realizing the shed’s icons between available seat and sold seat is a very small hollow circle vs. a very small filled circle. Could barely tell the difference. But ended up getting seats in Row P.

Question is, what’s better - being back in Row P, or possibly closer (I think?) but way to the side on the lawn?

I couldn't even click the option to get lawn tickets to either concert I tried, I assumed that meant they had already sold out?

I already have a ticket to that one, I'd love to get two lawn seats for the Aug 13th Film Night

Just now, Jay said:

I already have a ticket to that one, I'd love to get two lawn seats for the Aug 13th Film Night

Oh, sorry. Yeah, that one seems sold out for now. :(

There were ADA seats available for the 24th when I got my tickets... but I wasn't sure if I could get those, if it was morally dubious, or if it wouldn't have seating for me. So I kept my conscience light and my wallet a little heavier and went with the lawn. 

1 minute ago, SilverTrumpet said:

We'd want to go if we don't have to wear masks the whole time. 

Why is wearing masks for a couple hours an issue for you?

13 minutes ago, rpvee said:

Got a couple lawn “seats” before realizing the shed’s icons between available seat and sold seat is a very small hollow circle vs. a very small filled circle. Could barely tell the difference. But ended up getting seats in Row P.

Question is, what’s better - being back in Row P, or possibly closer (I think?) but way to the side on the lawn?

In my experience so far, I've always preferred the view from anywhere in the shed over anywhere on the lawn, even if you have to sit far away. The lawn can still be kind of magical if you just want to listen and enjoy the beauty of Tanglewood itself.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why is wearing masks for a couple hours an issue for you?

My wife has a medical issue with it. I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm just curious as to if the policy has changed because of the CDC.

It’s worth noting that they’re skipping every other row of seats in the shed, and the first row is row H.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure the Tanglewood season will be broadcast over at WCRB as it is every year.

And I do hope that they include the video of the concerts as part of their BSONow online streams. That was one of the main resasons to get the BSONow season pass ;) 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:05 PM, Joe Brausam said:

I booked an Airbnb for the violin concerto weekend and will be going to both the Friday and Saturday night concerts!

I'll be there that weekend too. How did you get to meet him? Great photo.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:31 AM, rpvee said:

It’s worth noting that they’re skipping every other row of seats in the shed, and the first row is row H.

Great photo. How did you get to meet him?

9 hours ago, germaineanne said:

Aw thanks! He used to be much more accessible after the Boston concerts until just a few years ago. He would sign and take pics as he arrived and left Symphony Hall (I even have a signed print of that pic with him). Sadly, that tradition stopped thanks to eBay autograph hounds.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:07 AM, germaineanne said:

I'll be there that weekend too. How did you get to meet him? Great photo.

Thanks!  I met him the first time he conducted the Philadelphia Orchestra, a friend of mine is in the orchestra and helped me out a bit :)

On 6/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, Jay said:

YES!  Hopefully I can get tickets to film night!

Ok good. I'm looking into going too but feel like I might have been late to the party! Just graduated from film school and want to go as a grad present. Is there any way to get an alert when they go for sale? 

On 6/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

more tickets will be made available to the public starting June 21

Just check the website then

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone after a 40 minute wait, got the two farthest right seats in section 2 row D (which will be the second row, according to the box office person I spoke with). Closest they had available. Far to the side, but at least way closer than the row P seats I got before.

TBD what I’ll end up doing with my older tickets, but I’ll post here if I end up selling them! At face value, of course!

EDIT: Checked out a seating chart and they’re actually two of only four seats in row D in section 2, right near the front. Dayum.

Finally got through online, figured I’d stay in the queue to see the seating chart and get an idea of where my seats are. Turns out they’re two of only four in Row D in Section 2, right near the front. Dayum.

Anyway, I see other side-angle-but-really-close seats still available. Hope you all can grab them!

19 minutes ago, SilverTrumpet said:

When I checked the site this morning, it said it was opening up Film Night tickets on the 23rd?

On 6/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

more tickets will be made available to the public starting June 21

Are you guys trying to get in for the concerto?

No, Film Night.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I have to lawn tickets for this concert. Due to travel ban from EU I won't be able to attend. I'm not sure if there is a official way to transfer ticket to someone else, but if anybody here is interested, I'm happy to discuss the options...

I also have 2 lawn tickets for the July 24th concert...

E6C9EDB1-DF6B-4BBA-9D55-0636AF8C122A.png