La-La Land Records has another Williams release planned for 2021

Jay

Hook would make sense considering this year marks the 30th anniversary of the film, not to mention LLL's first crack at Hook from 2012 could use a little T.L.C. from Mike Mattessino. We also have the recent evidence of a copyright renewal from last year for the songs by John Williams and Leslie Bricusse (though I don't know where the link is). I'm just adding fuel to the speculation fire, aren't I? ;)

17 minutes ago, Permanent Waves said:

"How come LLL? And still no new Hook expansion? Nine Years."

That's how I read it.

Jeez, way to take a section of a sentence and place it completely out of context and make no sense; I actually had to re-type the sentence to avoid that now. I know it was a joke, but still...

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

Jeez, way to take a section of a sentence and place it completely out of context and make no sense; I actually had to re-type the sentence to avoid that now. I know it was a joke, but still...

Just a joke--sorry for the offense.  

57 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just a joke--sorry for the offense.  

Dude, no offense taken; I was actually being sarcastic. Though, I actually did re-type the sentence; in hindsight, maybe I should have left it as it was. Still, no offense taken; it's all good.

He used the word "spectacular"... 

That makes me think of the Star Wars prequels, Indiana Jones original trilogy, or a Oliver Stone boxset (or at least one of the Oliver Stone scores)! 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Hmm, he doesn't say JOHN Williams.

There's Paul Williams, Patrick Williams, Harry Gregson Williams, Rupert Gregson Williams...

Or it'll be one of the brilliant scores Patrick Williams wrote for Columbo! :P

Actually he was one of the worst. The best was and will always be Dick DeBenedictis.

7 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

He used the word "spectacular"... 

Every* JW expansion is spectacular in my eyes! ;)

*must contain, at minimum, 60 minutes of previously unreleased material

Just now, crumbs said:

Every* JW expansion is spectacular in my eyes! ;)

*must contain, at minimum, 60 minutes of previously unreleased material

Well, some releases are more spectacular than others... 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Hmm, he doesn't say JOHN Williams.

There's Paul Williams, Patrick Williams, Harry Gregson Williams, Rupert Gregson Williams...

And he doesn't say it's just going to be one release either, the way I interpreted it. I'm thinking Hook and maybe a HP1 re-issue?

20 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

And he doesn't say it's just going to be one release either, the way I interpreted it. I'm thinking Hook and maybe a HP1 re-issue?

The HP box is not even OOP, no way HP1 is gonna be reissued now. As for Hook, give us the Hook Hook Hook, give us the Hook Hook Hook!

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Right, but can you see them re-issue HP2 and 3 just because the box set will then have been sold out, and not HP1? It would be unfair to people who missed the original set.

No and I don't think they'd do that?

I expect we'll get:

The Eiger Sanction (Intrada)

Born on the Fourth of July (LLL)

Then all the releasable Universal stuff will be covered:

Universal

• 1961 The Secret Ways
  • 1965 The Killers
  • 1966 The Rare Breed
  • 1966 The Plainsman
  • 1970 Storia di una donna (Story of a Woman)
  • 1974 The Sugarland Express
  • 1975 The Eiger Sanction
  • 1989 Born On The Fourth Of July

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I expect we'll get:

This would actually make sense. 

Recently, we got expanded releases of Minority Report, War of the Worlds, and Far and Away! At this point there's only one Tom Cruise / John Williams movie still missing... 

Any score ever written could be any of the labels, because they all work with all the major film studios and music labels.

The exception is Disney, which to date has only worked with Intrada (CD) and Mondo (vinyl)

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

This would actually make sense. 

Recently, we got expanded releases of Minority Report, War of the Worlds, and Far and Away! At this point there's only one Tom Cruise / John Williams movie still missing... 

@Jay What's funny about this? 

4 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I expect we'll get:

The Eiger Sanction (Intrada)

Yeah, that would be great! 😊

5 minutes ago, Sandor said:

Yeah, that would be great! 😊

A couple of years ago I spent like a hundred bucks (or was it 200?) for the original MCA soundtrack of TES... 

Oh well. :D

8 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

@Jay What's funny about this? 

The idea that specialty labels choose which scores to seek licenses for based on the lead actor is a funny idea

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

The idea that specialty labels choose which scores to seek licenses for based on the lead actor is a funny idea

But what if they happened to have all of them planned and Cruise signed off on all the covers at the same time and they're all coming out with various delays because of other factors?

I've never heard of a specialty label sending multiple titles at once to an actor that has sign-off rights.  Just one at a time

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well, the decision makers behind the labels are people too. Maybe while discussing which project to tackle next and throwing around ideas, one of them could have suggested, "What about Born on the Fourth of July? I mean, we've been getting all these Tom Cruise scores as of late... Why not?" 

Well, it was just an idea. 

4 minutes ago, WilliamsFan93 said:

Mondo announced that a new 2-LP 30th anniversary of Hook is due for release in November.

Do you have a link?

So either:

- Mike already assembled a Hook which includes the OST as a 4th disc and they used that, kinda like Superman

- Mike already assembled a Hook which doesn't include the OST but he used his masters to reassemble it for them

- Mike assembled a Hook OST for them from scratch from new scans with no other work going on. It can't be this. It just can't.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

- Mike already assembled a Hook which includes the OST as a 4th disc and they used that, kinda like Superman

I'm voting this. So we know what's coming for Black Friday then? :D 

I want it to be the second, I don't want to pay extra for that mess of a program, all that repeated material, even the unique stuff would fit on disc 3 with other alternates.

Just now, Holko said:

I want it to be the second, I don't want to pay extra for that mess of a program, all that repeated material, even the unique stuff would fit on disc 3 with other alternates.

Yes but I don't want the remastered OST program to be exclusive to vinyl :angryfire: