THE EIGER SANCTION (1975) - 2021 2-CD Expanded Edition from Intrada Records

Jay

12 minutes ago, Permanent Waves said:

Meybe intrada will accidentally send out an earlier assembly :devil:

Thats why I just download directly through my browser.

The download in my browser is currently 200/227 MB done, says 12 minutes remaining, after I started it almost 2 hours ago

Hmm, Mine downloaded fairly quickly I think, finished about a hour and a half ago, I wasn't paying attention though.

Yea I think it's an issue with my connection

Luckily the Spotify stream has played without a single blip

Does Music Box have a minimum order value? When Always and Images were released I tried ordering from them but got a message at checkout stating a minimum order value of EUR 160.

Just finished listening.  So many great clips!

Main Title

Friends And Enemies

Love Scene

The Eiger

Hotel Bellevue :love2:

Art Masterpieces

Felicity :love2:

(Sabrina cue)

The Top Of The World

Theme From 'The Eiger Sanction' (Flugelhorn Version) {album}

The Icy Ascent {album}

Training With George {album}

Sunrise

The Car Chase :love2:

(JFK cue)

The Car Chase {album}

Dinner With Jem

(Home Alone clip)

(cue from The Color Purple)

Montage - Running With George

Friends and Enemies

Hemlock and Jemima

End Title

On 8/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, Jay said:

Note: "Hotel Bellevue" can also be considered source music I suppose, but since it uses the main theme of the score and doesn't really have a strong source music "feel", for me personally I think of it as more of a score cue than a source cue, especially considering its (brilliant!) placement in the main program.

Was that the nice version of the theme played on an accordion?  I had been racking my brains to figure out where in the score I had heard an accordion after I saw accordionists listed in the musicians’ roster.  Now I know why I couldn’t place it!

Fascinating podcast from Maurizio and the gang as per.  I really cannot wait for this to arrive in the post.

🧗🏻🏔⛏🔫

3 minutes ago, Omen II said:

Was that the nice version of the theme played on an accordion?

Yea!  Maurizio played it early in the podcast, not later when they spend some time talking about that cue.   My list above names each track  in the order he played them.

14 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Does Music Box have a minimum order value? When Always and Images were released I tried ordering from them but got a message at checkout stating a minimum order value of EUR 160.

Normally no. You can purchase just one CD if you want. It's strange that they told you that you needed a minimum order value.

Damn WIlliams and his source music...

I really hope that everyting gets released as a rarities CD some day.

But i fear that they will be truly complete scores that will surface in around 10-15 years from now.

Who knows i may even be so old as not to worry if i have a piece of music or not... which wouldn't be a bad state of mind to achieve, really.

17 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

That's the current minimum order for the UK, because 52% of us hate having access to expanded scores. 

14 hours ago, Ollie said:

One of the source cues on the podcast reminded me of Princess Leia’s theme.

Urban Dictionary: Mind Blown

OMG, you're totally right!  How did I not pick up on that on my own!  Wow!

43 minutes ago, crumbs said:

You won't regret those! The River is my most-listened to album last year. Pleasant surprise seeing as I'd never heard of the score until Mike expanded it.

You've never scrolled through JW's discography on IMDB?

20 hours ago, bigjimwilson said:

That's the current minimum order for the UK, because 52% of us hate having access to expanded scores. 

Maybe the Uk has better import conditions with the US, you should check.

23 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Damn WIlliams and his source music...

I really hope that everyting gets released as a rarities CD some day.

But i fear that they will be truly complete scores that will surface in around 10-15 years from now.

Who knows i may even be so old as not to worry if i have a piece of music or not... which wouldn't be a bad state of mind to achieve, really.

You need to leave something off for possible future anniversary editions. ;)

Karol

Just listened to the Legacy podcast, MM ponders how Williams came to score Eiger Sanction, JW’s working relationship with Eastwood, where/how the jazz elements of the score originated, etc.

Why doesn’t MM ask these questions to JW himself when preparing the album?  Is JW not up for interviews when approving these releases?  Listening to his old scores must bring back so many memories.  Would be great to get some insights/anecdotes from JW himself about these scores.

On 8/12/2021 at 6:25 AM, crumbs said:

Already out of stock at Intrada, sheesh.

I saw it was temporarily out of stock. Now I'm concerned. I ordered it Tuesday, the day it was available to order, between 10 and 11 AM EST. The order was confirmed, I received order confirmation via e-mail immediately after completing the order, and the charge appeared on my bank statement; it clearly went through. As of now, though, the status is "pending fulfillment" and I have not received shipping confirmation yet. What's going on? Should I contact Intrada regarding my order?

No, you shouldn't.

It will ship.  It just hasn't yet.

They flip the switch to make the website say "temporarily out of stock" when they've received enough orders to fulfill the amount they had received from the first pressing from the pressing plant.  They will not let people order more until the second batch has arrived.  That's all.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

No, you shouldn't.

It will ship.  It just hasn't yet.

They flip the switch to make the website say "temporarily out of stock" when they've received enough orders to fulfill the amount they had received from the first pressing from the pressing plant.  They will not let people order more until the second batch has arrived.  That's all.

Well, that makes me feel better. Thanks, Jay. :)

Still waiting, though...