THE EIGER SANCTION (1975) - 2021 2-CD Expanded Edition from Intrada Records

Jay

50 minutes ago, Bryant Burnette said:

Unless it's something I don't really care about (The Time Tunnel, for example), these things are always day one orders for me.  I ain't never gettin' burned again unless it's literally unavoidable.

Unfortunately the way international shipping is scaled for overseas buyers really disincentives small purchases.

So I really just have to hope all the stars align and the 4 titles I want to buy will be in stock once Eiger returns. 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:17 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

ordered from Music box, along with Always. Which unfortunately is on back order. Yesterday it was available!

so it will take a while until it arrives here...

I did the same.

I feel lucky I got the (pre-)order in in time, 72 hrs later and Eiger is now sold out... I don't mind waiting compared to having missed out!

10 hours ago, Jay said:

No, you shouldn't.

It will ship.  It just hasn't yet.

They flip the switch to make the website say "temporarily out of stock" when they've received enough orders to fulfill the amount they had received from the first pressing from the pressing plant.  They will not let people order more until the second batch has arrived.  That's all.

@Jay, I just realized that I actually placed the order between 10 and 11 AM. Does your answer to my question/concern still apply? You understand I just want to make sure everything is okay.

47 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

@Jay, I just realized that I actually placed the order between 10 and 11 AM. Does your answer to my question/concern still apply? You understand I just want to make sure everything is okay.

Best option is to email Jeff Johnson. He is very responsive. He will confirm if it shipped or not?

P.S. And it’s his Birthday today so you have reason to email too😃

Please don't bother specialty labels with questions about orders you placed while things were in stock. You'll just slow them down from shipping those early orders out. 

If you don't get a shipping notice in a few days, ask then. But you'll probably get it today

2 hours ago, Jay said:

If you don't get a shipping notice in a few days, ask then. But you'll probably get it today

Thanks for addressing my concerns and thanks for the help.

By the way, I checked my e-mail after said concerns were relieved…

Shipped!

1 hour ago, Hedji said:

Does anyone else like to place the sound file of the Mike Matessino interviews at the end of their playlists?  I think they are golden analyses, and regard them like bonus features on a DVD/Blu.

I was thinking of this today. It feels like the releases should come with the podcast too - sort of like how Leonard Bernstein used to release albums with a piece of music and then his take on how it works. Of course not something most fans want, but I am glad we have them. 

I'm still on my first listen of the film tracks (had to pause for meetings). But, I am amazed at how well the expanded tracks add to the development of the musical ideas overall. 

So we don't have any idea where the additional 3 tracks recorded for the LP might have been sequenced in that program, do we?

5 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

So we don't have any idea where the additional 3 tracks recorded for the LP might have been sequenced in that program, do we?

Unfortunately, it seems not (I dont think we know what John's original Album intent was for CEot3K either).

It is possible they never got that far in the process, or that information is lost.

1 hour ago, blondheim said:

More than anything, I would love to see Williams' planned presentation for a 2LP Return of the Jedi

Was one planned?

6 hours ago, Permanent Waves said:

Unfortunately, it seems not (I dont think we know what John's original Album intent was for CEot3K either).

It is possible they never got that far in the process, or that information is lost.

Isn't the original LP programme for CEOTTK presented on disc 1 of the LLL set? 

Karol

10 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Isn't the original LP programme for CEOTTK presented on disc 1 of the LLL set? 

Karol

I always thought it was only loosely inspired by that program.

Anybody else notice Eiger Sanction CD2 Track 15's opening at the end of track 14 after ripping?

Just to check  it wasn't  my ripping software, I played track 15 on the CD player and went backwards, there were -6 seconds inbetween 14 and 15, when it said -3 is when the beginning of track 15 starts!

So it seems some of it got placed in the gap, somewhat like pregap hidden tracks in some mainstream music records

4 hours ago, Permanent Waves said:

Anybody else notice Eiger Sanction CD2 Track 15's opening at the end of track 14 after ripping?

Just to check  it wasn't  my ripping software, I played track 15 on the CD player and went backwards, there were -6 seconds inbetween 14 and 15, when it said -3 is when the beginning of track 15 starts!

So it seems some of it got placed in the gap, somewhat like pregap hidden tracks in some mainstream music records

Which software?

If it's a pressing issue I hope they rectify it before the next batch.

You are absolutely correct! The track split (both on the CD and so not surprisingly my rip) is off.

Dinner with Gem ends at 2:00 on track 14. But then Never Quaver starts at 2:08 on track 14 and plays for 3 seconds. If you play track 15 it's already started.

15 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

You are absolutely correct! The track split (both on the CD and so not surprisingly my rip) is off.

Dinner with Gem ends at 2:00 on track 14. But then Never Quaver starts at 2:08 on track 14 and plays for 3 seconds. If you play track 15 it's already started.

Great, so who's gonna write on the Intrada forum today? :D 

The sound cut between two tracks, or the index is just misplaced between two tracks?

If it's just an index problem, that's not critical. It happened a lot of times on 90s CDs!

Well if I understand the problem right, you can fix it for yourself with a basic editor in under a minute. But still ... sigh.

It's just an index problem.

If you put the CD in a standard CD player and play it, you will never observe anything wrong at all, there is no "blip" interupting any music whatsoever.

The music intended to be contained entirely in track 15 simply begins in the "negative timer" space between tracks 14 and 15, meaning when you put the CD into a computer and rip it with default settings, the beginning of track 15's music appears at the end of your track 14 rip.