THE EIGER SANCTION (1975) - 2021 2-CD Expanded Edition from Intrada Records

Jay

1 hour ago, Holko said:

Pressing plants:

Oopsies oops GIF

If the indexes are off, that's probably an issue with the source files, not something that happened at the pressing plant.

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Why is it only now that people are going mad about it?

No one is angry about it.

12 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

If the indexes are off, that's probably an issue with the source files, not something that happened at the pressing plant.

Exactly. It’s a mistake from the label, but it’s worth pointing out it’s also a mistake multiple labels have made.

13 hours ago, Bespin said:

Stop finding false defaults.

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

We don't care.

What is wrong with you? I was simply addressing a potential error that can be easily rectified.

Don't use the term "glitch", unless it's a real glitch, if you know what a glitch is, mercy.

A glitch in the recorded musical domain, an audio glitch or a "digital" glitch, is a micro drop-out, a micro loss of sound, of data, a default created by a digital error or, for an analogue recording, a power surge, a static problem that damage a micro part of the sound.

There is no glitch on The Eiger Sanction. Chose you words right please.

I was simply pointing out a possible issue, unsure if it was just my set or if it was on other copies. Sorry.

12 hours ago, lairdo said:

I can definitely confirm the error both on my CD 2 and on the subsequent rip of these tracks. Here's a shot from Audacity of the end of Track 14.

As mentioned above, an easy fix which I have just finished.

Oops.png

Edit - I did not notice this until it was mentioned above either. I just played straight through a few times and did not hear the track change. But nice to have it fixed. 

So, @Bespin, this does not constitute an error? This is normal? Okay, then. Like I said, it can be easily fixed.

It's an index error. We live with them since the very first CD!

To understand this, you need to understand how the audio is stored on a CD, in fact, as one big continous "stream".

31 minutes ago, Bespin said:

It's an index error. We live with them since the very first CD!

To understand this, you need to understand how the audio is stored on a CD, in fact, as one big continous file.

Insert an audio cd in your computer and see how many files you see in the CD drive folder...

Audio CDs are mastered as one long stream of sampled audio—one big recording encompassing all the songs and the silent passages in between them, much like one side of a vinyl record.

Yes, your PC shows you the different tracks according to the index (or CUE sheet).

Anyone one know of a Mac App that has a copy range feature?

Worst case scenario I rip the discs as wav and put the missing bits back in to the right tracks in Audition but this would be easier :)

31 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Audio CDs are mastered as one long stream of sampled audio—one big recording encompassing all the songs and the silent passages in between them, much like one side of a vinyl record.

Yes, your PC shows you the different tracks according to the index (or CUE sheet).

But it's not a single file.

This is a pretty big get for me, personally.  More than just filling a gap.

With Eiger in my hands, I now have EVERY commercially released JW Film Score on CD!  (In at least one form)

4 minutes ago, Hedji said:

With Eiger in my hands, I now have EVERY commercially released JW Film Score on CD!  (In at least one form)

You own the 3-CD Mr. Chips boxset?

6 minutes ago, Hedji said:

Oooh, same here!  Finally!

I picked up Mr. Chips when it was available during its original release.  I suspect one day it might get remastered and reissued.

4 hours ago, Jay said:
4 hours ago, Hedji said:

Oooh, same here!  Finally!

I *think* I'm there since Always.

Jeff says they've been made aware of the issue (also that nobody caught it because nobody there skips any track by the great Johnny Williams ;))- I'd wager they pulled a Sleepy Hollow and froze their stock until corrections arrive, just without explicitly saying so, that's why it went temp oos so quickly.

16 hours ago, Holko said:

Jeff says they've been made aware of the issue (also that nobody caught it because nobody there skips any track by the great Johnny Williams ;))- I'd wager they pulled a Sleepy Hollow and froze their stock until corrections arrive, just without explicitly saying so, that's why it went temp oos so quickly.

Does that mean I have to send my copy back for a replacement? If so, it would just be Disc 2 that I would have to send back, right? I was able to fix the issue for my Apple library. Were I to play the physical CD via my 4K Blu-Ray, I’d let it play through. Though, I guess if I were in the mood to go to Never Quaver, then the issue would be slightly of inconvenience. Any advice?

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Does that mean I have to send my copy back for a replacement? If so, it would just be Disc 2 that I would have to send back, right? I was able to fix the issue for my Apple library. Were I to play the physical CD via my 4K Blu-Ray, I’d let it play through. Though, I guess if I were in the mood to go to Never Quaver, then the issue would be slightly of inconvenience. Any advice?

You don't have to send anything back.

According to Roger over on the Intrada boards, the first printing of Eiger Sanction did actually sell that fast - they didn't turn off ordering because of the indexing glitch

Intrada seems to be having some bad luck lately... first Sleepy Hollow, now this... wondering what happened with Extreme Prejudice considering it is also out of stock already... unless those few extra minutes were enough to convince hundreds of people to order immediately and there simply wasn't enough copies in the first batch pressed.

Yeah stuff happens. Both Eiger and Extreme Prejudice blew threw their initial pressings. We'll fix the repressings of Eiger

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=84251#p84251

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

According to Roger over on the Intrada boards, the first printing of Eiger Sanction did actually sell that fast - they didn't turn off ordering because of the indexing glitch

Wow! Great news... 

Wonder how many copies were in that first batch? Will have to pre-order for the next batch now that Khan is available. 

I think most titles they order 500 copies at a time?  But maybe a title they knew would be a big seller like this they started with 1,000?  I dunno!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Are they going to offer a disc replacement to those who have received the set from the first batch?
From a seller's position they should, otherwise in the future customers may chose to avoid ordering on day one and feel they are testing a product for those who come later...

I have not seen a public announcement from Intrada about replacing discs for people who ordered the first pressing.

12 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

customers may chose to avoid ordering on day one and feel they are testing a product for those who come later

It does feel more and more risky ordering version 1.0 of a new Intrada release  :/

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Wonder how many copies were in that first batch? Will have to pre-order for the next batch now that Khan is available. 

I pre-ordered it with Khan from Music Box the other day. Wonder if I'll get a first or second pressing.

40 minutes ago, Omen II said:

My cat was so excited when I received my copy that she proffered her undercarriage.

:music: Falling And Swinging :wub:

9C9D55B3-D660-4E91-8324-2B747C35ED79.jpeg

It clearly didn't come in a box.

11 hours ago, ciarlese said:

Are they going to offer a disc replacement to those who have received the set from the first batch?
From a seller's position they should, otherwise in the future customers may chose to avoid ordering on day one and feel they are testing a product for those who come later...

11 hours ago, Jay said:

I have not seen a public announcement from Intrada about replacing discs for people who ordered the first pressing.

Roger confirmed it on the Intrada forums

39 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Already intrada, confirmed me they will send me a replacement CD for Cocoon.

What's wrong with Cocoon?

39 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I think it could be worthwile to create a thread just to list the recent defective CDs from each labels.

I'm sure it would be helpfull for some users who don't have the time to read all the different threads for each release.

I agree, sort of like a faulty discography.