What are the "definitive" recordings of JW's Star Wars concert pieces?

TheAvengerButton

7 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

yoooooo who made that though?  did you @aj_vader  if so, well done.

that's what i hope they do creatively, to an extent.  ESPECIALLY that disc artwork!

Yeah I did, thank you. I got so angry at the state and lack of Star Wars expanded/complete releases one night that I stayed up making that. It proved to be quite therapeutic. 

One day it will be prescribed, so I/we can start the healing process.  

10 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

yoooooo who made that though?  did you @aj_vader  if so, well done.

that's what i hope they do creatively, to an extent.  ESPECIALLY that disc artwork!

It was originally posted here.

I consider the posting of that fake image, to represent the "Godwin" point of any Star Wars thread.

It means we reached the end of serious arguments.

What else can you add?

:john:

21 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

Yeah I did, thank you. I got so angry at the state and lack of Star Wars expanded/complete releases one night that I stayed up making that. It proved to be quite therapeutic. 

One day it will be prescribed, so I/we can start the healing process.  

dude great job, for real.

Hello!

I'm new here, but I just had to ask: Do people think Disney is waiting until John Williams's death to cash in on complete Star Wars releases? :crymore:

If that's their strategy, it's so incredibly scummy and villainous that I feel like it would backfire terribly on them from a PR perspective...but people would still buy the music.

Regardless, I tend to think a digital release like Solo is the most likely outcome...which makes me sad, but at this point, approaching fifty years after the original film, it would be better than nothing.

I think Disney Records thought they were releasing something fans wanted with their 2018 OST album remasters, and will likely commission expanded sets to come out at some point in the future.  When?  Who knows.  Will they hire Mike Matessino to produce them?  Hopefully!

It's ludicrous to think the composer being alive or dead has anything to do with these decisions.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think Disney Records thought they were releasing something fans wanted with their 2018 OST album remasters, and will likely commission expanded sets to come out at some point in the future.  When?  Who knows.  Will they hire Mike Matessino to produce them?  Hopefully!

It's ludicrous to think the composer being alive or dead has anything to do with these decisions.

Of course it's ludicrous, and I feel terrible for even suggesting such a thing, but just to be clear, I was suggesting it of Disney Records, not of my own mode of thinking. People have been saying "the time is now" for quite some time now, and really it couldn't be more true. There's literally no excuse for Disney to be waiting any longer. My hope is that Mike Matessino was commissioned to begin immediately after The Rise of Skywalker, and progress is already underway.

That's a good point about the 2018 CDs, maybe Disney is so "Warner-Bros-level" out of touch with the fans of John Williams's music that they really thought they were doing us a favor with those releases. Fingers and toes crossed for something much better down the line.

I suspect we may just get the Original Trilogy, though. Why? Any truly "expanded release" of the Sequel Trilogy would be damning from the Magic Kingdom point of view that tries to maintain a veneer of bliss. And it would be very odd to release Episodes I-III without VII-IX. Just my opinion, but I hope I'm wrong.

Sorry if I derailed this topic too far on my first post, but I thank you for your response, Jay!  :)

I think if Disney Records decides to allocate cash to fund new editions of the old Star Wars scores, they'd do the prequels and sequels all at the same time, as one big poject.

Whether they get released as one giant box set, 3 box sets, 9 individual releases, or digital only, I have no idea, but I think the project would be all-inclusive - that's my gut feeling anyway.

I think we fans have no insight into this process and won't really know it's happening until Disney suddently announces them one day shortly before they are released.

John Williams' 90th birthday year would be a great time to do so, but if work hasn't already begun now, I doubt all 9 could be ready by the end of next year

52 minutes ago, SpotTheDog said:

I'm new here, but I just had to ask: Do people think Disney is waiting until John Williams's death to cash in on complete Star Wars releases? :crymore:

Wow I hope you're wrong, but I would believe it instantly considering who. 

47 minutes ago, SpotTheDog said:

I suspect we may just get the Original Trilogy, though. Why? Any truly "expanded release" of the Sequel Trilogy would be damning from the Magic Kingdom point of view that tries to maintain a veneer of bliss. And it would be very odd to release Episodes I-III without VII-IX. Just my opinion, but I hope I'm wrong.

I would take anything! Do anything! 

Disney,

giphy (1).gifbeg.gif