James Horner's GLORY (1989) - NEW! 2021 2-CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Out of curiosity @Jean-Baptiste Martin, what software did you use to create that wonderful theme chart?

Thank you for your message @Disco Stu

I used Keynote which is Apple's software for slideshows.

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Listening now. Can I just say the choir is AWFUL? Flashback sounds like a first take. I genuinely do not understand why people rank this so high on their Horner lists.

That's the cue they couldn't find the film take for, so it's very likely the takes they did have pales compared to what Horner decided on for the final product.

Since I recently decided to order the set, I had messed around with isolating it from the source track its wedged in-between on the isolated score. It's a bit of a mixed bag, since while the ending ends cleanly enough in one of the AI algorithms I used, the beginning never managed to fully isolate (one of the attempts just straight up cutting to when there's no instruments at all). So I guess I'd have to use one of the takes on the LLL set to fill the hole there (assuming it's even similar enough to line up properly).

Hmmm, I think I might've mixed tracks up, looking at this:

Yup, I believe this was something I completely misunderstood then, since I only remembered the detail of it being a cue that was mixed with a source cue on the iso. Guess I never bothered to double check til now (that it's Worth A Life and not Flashback).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"

JAMES HORNER SPECIAL!
We’re celebrating our releases of PATRIOT GAMES and CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER with great sale prices on two more Horner classics!
Get GLORY and BRAVEHEART 2-CD sets at the fantastic price of ONLY $25 EACH!!

"

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2jw9l1--zw34g-ag4f6q6

• 8 months later...

I'm trying to follow this edition with the Omni publication.

I see many bars that are written in the Omni, aren't in the LLL edition.

Does that mean they were not recorded?

example:

1m4R Flashback

LLL has only bars 10-21 (1-9, 21-end are omitted)