John Williams to conduct in Remembrance of Lynn Harrell

BB-8

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that ASM is performing as part of a quintet (as well as in the final piece) - but very nice she is playing with Harrell's widow for it.

And of course, no JW composed pieces but that does not really shock me. I suspect he would have thought it too egoistic to program his own music.

Gorgeous performance of Over the Rainbow. A great arrangement by Randy Kerber that I'd never heard before, performed beautifully by ASM and the orchestra under the direction of the maestro. 

Someone needs to remind JW how to properly wear his mask, though! :lol:

The whole concert was absolutely lovely, from start to finish. So glad I could tune in live.

1 minute ago, Biodome said:

Did anyone manage to make a recording of Over The Rainbow? I saw this to late, and joined just in time for the final applause.

Don't worry, the website itself said they're were gonna upload it in complete form.

9 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

That's probably a revision of his earlier arrangement for Harrel and Brewer that Williams conducted in 2012 for the Heartbeeps project.

Williams should have conducted "Crimebuster" for the project!! Missed opportunity!!

;)

9 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

It's already available on demand.

Seems to have a few hiccups during the Williams/ASM performance, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, thx99 said:

Williams should have conducted "Crimebuster" for the project!! Missed opportunity!!

At 5 am I was lucky I was able to even write a similar word ROTFLMAO

I haven't checked the on-demand file, but the live broadcast did have a few hiccups :(

15 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

At 5 am I was lucky I was able to even write a similar word ROTFLMAO

Just razzing you, @Miguel Andrade!!  Couldn't let that go by without comment.

15 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

I haven't checked the on-demand file, but the live broadcast did have a few hiccups :(

There is one frozen moment for about 2 seconds at 1:50:31 of the on-demand version (Williams and ASM the shot), and later a sudden jump forward at 1:51:03 when the bass section is shown.

On 22/09/2021 at 5:31 PM, thx99 said:

Just razzing you, @Miguel Andrade!!  Couldn't let that go by without comment.

:up:

There is one frozen moment for about 2 seconds at 1:50:31 of the on-demand version (Williams and ASM the shot), and later a sudden jump forward at 1:51:03 when the bass section is shown.

Yeah, it was something like that during the live stream. I imagine there must have been some connection issue while upstreaming to vimeo.

17 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

New on-demand video available, minus the hiccups ;)

It's also been edited down to remove portions in-between the performances, when the crew is setting up for the next ensemble and the camera pans around the venue. etc.

• 1 year later...