KNIVES OUT (film series)

Jay

New pics released

There's only one cast member (Ethan Hawke) who isn't seated at the table in the first image released, so... yea.

• 2 weeks later...

1st film named after a Radiohead song, 2nd film named after a Beatles song, any bets on what British band might be the inspiration for the 3rd title?

10 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

1st film named after a Radiohead song, 2nd film named after a Beatles song, any bets on what British band might be the inspiration for the 3rd title?

The Stones

• 3 weeks later...

If that's Nathan Johnson's music, I'm very hyped. This sounds wonderful.

And in the Empire article on the film Rian said that the score is grander and more melodramatic than the first, which makes me excited

That clip is fun, this movie looks like a hoot.  I definitely don't want to see any more clips or trailers now!

I do think it is silly to title the film "Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery".

They should have called it "Glass Onion: A Benoit Blanc Mystery", and retroactively put "A Benoit Blanc Mystery" on the Knives Out blu ray covers or whatever

I would put money on the title card just saying “Glass Onion” in the movie proper.  I think the goal of the title on the poster/trailers is to make sure people know it is a sequel to Knives Out - which “Benoit Blanc” might not trigger for them.

Hmm, do I want to win a second $10 from Troxie...

No, I wasn't proposing a bet size, I was joking that that was all that's in your bank account

I think you're right that the actual title card near the start of the film might indeed only say Glass Onion and not have the "A Knives Out Mystery" part.... but I truly wouldn't be surprised if it does.

And the full title could be in the end credits even if the opening card doesn't have it...

We'll see!

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

$20?

Leaves me with seventy-five cents to pay for a lawyer when my gambling addiction causes my spouse to leave me.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

No, I wasn't proposing a bet size, I was joking that that was all that's in your bank account

Realized this and tried to correct it before you saw it - unsuccessfully!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll watch this trailer after I see the film.  No reason to spoil anything for myself now

I get you. But I actually feel nothing really was revealed in the trailer. It might be me, but from this trailer I can't even figure out who dies.

And I don't want to know actually, so that's pretty cool.