John Williams Playlist

michael_grig

Hey!

I want to create a Spotify playlist for myself with the most epic or emotional hits from (mostly) John Williams. This is my current draft.

I don't think it's perfect (in terms of content and dramaturgy), so I would like to hear additions to the most beautiful tracks that fit the playlist (no Hans Zimmer; preferably orchestral music) You are also invited to share your playlists!

(no time limit)

I don't know if it works but I have made the playlist public. Can you change / add the content in it?

That's a long playlist! I tend to make playlists that could fit on a CD, if at all possible, to make it as best a listening experience as possible. I've made a couple of Williams playlists in iTunes.

Here's one about what I call "the religious sound":

religioussound.jpg

And here's another one that is more like a 2CD set, that I loosely define as Williams "party" music, i.e. stuff I could play as DJ at a party:

williamsparty.jpg

And yes, I know "Lapti Nek" is kind of a cheat.

2 hours ago, Michael G. said:

Hey!

I want to create a Spotify playlist for myself with the most epic or emotional hits from (mostly) John Williams. This is my current draft.

I don't think it's perfect (in terms of content and dramaturgy), so I would like to hear additions to the most beautiful tracks that fit the playlist (no Hans Zimmer; preferably orchestral music) You are also invited to share your playlists!

(no time limit)

I don't know if it works but I have made the playlist public. Can you change / add the content in it?

No IN SEARCH OF UNICORNS? No CROSSING THE MISSOURI? No MAGGIE SHOOTS POOL? No PLANTING THE CHARGES?

Rubbish, boy! Do it, again.

Perhaps to note that the playlist was created by a young John Williams fan, who knows the newer films and thus also pays more attention to them, which may be reflected here. I want the playlist to be a comprehensive overview of his best works, but not only the standard hits, but also the more complicated and / or lesser known works. And that's why I uploaded the playlist. Feel free to change it.

6 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

No IN SEARCH OF UNICORNS? No CROSSING THE MISSOURI? No MAGGIE SHOOTS POOL? No PLANTING THE CHARGES?

Rubbish, boy! Do it, again.