Star Wars cue lists

Tallguy

Maybe my Search Fu is not strong but I've found links to threads for cue lists for Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, JFK for Pete's sake.

The closest to a Star Wars cue thread I found was this:

On 3/26/2018 at 11:45 AM, Jay said:
On 3/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, Pellaeon said:

Thanks for the quick and thorough info, Jay. Are there any spreadsheets or similarly thorough analysis covering this sort of thing? I’ve been searching for days and have had embarrassingly little luck.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRtrG_j5LEL5dTl9Ehw0aHE4IUm9AgofiJ8I-RXnVIJlski4kmPR6qLSWVPiUW_ltSaC79ZEZ9OYzl7/pubhtml

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQe7TbSHJWT9aHgJxYIBfLQkxRsgQa5AKNq1lBsAfH4mlJ36ZBCcu5xFSk4jDOtP_cqq-_uLp5nTBy2/pubhtml

I don't seem to have made one for TESB, but there's this:

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=4092

Can people who know a lot more about this stuff than me help build this up? 1) It's Star Wars! 2) It's part of my Quixotic quest to get people to stop using "Binary Sunset" as a title.

I know this is probably old hat. This is the first time I've looked at the cue sheet for "ANH". Does this mean there are full scores somewhere for cues which were never recorded until they were revised (then recorded)? 

On 9/18/2021 at 11:21 PM, stravinsky said:

Does this mean there are full scores somewhere for cues which were never recorded until they were revised (then recorded)? 

Correct.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, stravinsky said:

I know this is probably old hat. This is the first time I've looked at the cue sheet for "ANH". Does this mean there are full scores somewhere for cues which were never recorded until they were revised (then recorded)? 

Wouldn't it be amazing if an orchestra could record the full score, including the cues JW wrote that were never recorded? 

Ahh, we can dream... 

Considering the score is so important in terms of film history I think it would be a great idea. However I'm so used to hearing the LSO recording from 77. Couldn't someone do a mock up with one of these virtual orchestras? Be fascinating to hear. 

Mockups have been made of all the unrecorded passages, though now that you mention it I can't recall if they were ever shared on JWFan or not

In the case of ANH, I don't think there's that much actual unheard material; most of the revisions just resequence things a bit, IIRC. It's not like the ST, where you had whole scenes being completely rescored from scratch.

2 hours ago, stravinsky said:

Considering the score is so important in terms of film history I think it would be a great idea. However I'm so used to hearing the LSO recording from 77. Couldn't someone do a mock up with one of these virtual orchestras? Be fascinating to hear. 

I did a rough mock of the original 5M6 a while back, or at least the part that’s different (all the rest of the cue was identical):