Alan Menken's The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) - 2021 Walt Disney Records Legacy Collection

Romão

Nobody at Disney seems to give a shit about these issues judging by the radio silence, so lower your expectations people. 

Of all the bloody studios for Star Wars and Indiana Jones to end up at. F***!!!!!!!! 

On 01/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, JohnnyD said:

Let’s see if I can predict the future. On October 8, it will be delayed to October 15.

CALLED IT!

5 hours ago, Chewy said:

Physical release delayed again, October 15!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The more this gets delayed, the more plausible it is they are actually changing the master.  No guarantees though

Surely the digital/streaming master would've been updated by this point, if that were the case?

11 hours ago, crumbs said:

Surely the digital/streaming master would've been updated by this point, if that were the case?

My guess is if (and this is a big IF) the delays for the cd release are because of the changes to the master, the digital would stay the same until the cd release, then the question is would the people who paid for the digital version get the new corrected one or would they have to pay again?

I am beginning to think that the actual new release date for this one is much further in the future than what's being communicated. But for marketing purposes - i.e. to keep the product on customers' minds - they keep on revising the date they "announce" to the public by a few days/weeks at a time until the actual date is reached.

4 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Lot's of comments about the missing tracks

No wonder Botnick isn't replying to anyone. They've royally screwed the pooch on this. 

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

Botnick is not mentioned in their release info. Perhaps he asked for any mention of his involvement to be removed as far as possible?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jay said:

Roger Feigelson of Intrada says

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=84454#p84454

This is the major issue with the set and its nice of him to do that. Many of us have done so already but it is still nice to see. Its bound to be help people just coming in to this.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Locrius said:

So can anyone confirm that the CD is the exact same as the digital release?

I’ll just say this: you answered your own question.

Can’t personally confirm as I haven’t gotten this yet (maybe Christmas?), but the Disney Music Emporium reviews specifically mention the discs and the missing music simultaneously.

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVCD52/legacy-collection-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame?cp=null

I guess my subtle response to the question was not obvious, so I’ll be blunt. There is NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever, editorial blunders and missing music. It is exactly the same. Disney screwed the pooch with this release; I, in turn, addressed all editorial mishaps and missing music, fixed every issue and burned everything on two replacement discs.

4 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

I guess my subtle response to the question was not obvious, so I’ll be blunt. There is NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever, editorial blunders and missing music. It is exactly the same. Disney screwed the pooch with this release; I, in turn, addressed all editorial mishaps and missing music, fixed every issue and burned everything on two replacement discs.

Is there a summary somewhere of the the mishaps and issues you fixed?

Yavar

No more cross-fading. Bell overlays included at the beginning of The Bells of Notre Dame, as well as the audio of the choir at the end restored and boosted to reflect the film. Feast of Fools and Topsy Turvy are now one track, with the gypsy jig starting the track, then the next cue starting, with the final fanfare segueing directly into Topsy Turvy, just as intended and utilized in the film. The Cathedral no longer suffers from the string audio volume cutting in and out in one section, and the correct choir take is utilized. The reprise of Heaven's Light is restored and inserted in it's intended place in Escape. Most importantly, Sanctuary is one entire track, and includes And He Shall Smite the Wicked; all music included. Emergence and The Bells of Notre Dame (Reprise) are now one track.

Did you fix all the lack if fadeins where the noise level just pops in?

7 hours ago, mstrox said:

Can’t personally confirm as I haven’t gotten this yet (maybe Christmas?), but the Disney Music Emporium reviews specifically mention the discs and the missing music simultaneously.

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVCD52/legacy-collection-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame?cp=null

Thank you for still considering being part of the problem by financially supporting this insulting mess.

5 hours ago, Holko said:

Thank you for still considering being part of the problem by financially supporting this insulting mess.

You’re welcome!  The only thing that would potentially bother me at all is the missing music, and I already have that on the OST.

I suspect I won’t miss it and none of it will bother me, as I have only seen the movie twice in 25 years.

9 hours ago, Holko said:

Did you fix all the lack if fadeins where the noise level just pops in?

That was the only issue I could not fix without interfering with the time stamps or sound quality becoming somewhat compressed. Honestly, it’s no big deal when compared to the rest of the issues that were addressed.

1 minute ago, JohnnyD said:

without interfering with the time stamps or sound quality becoming somewhat compressed.

How does adding a fade-in to all those bits do that?

5 minutes ago, Holko said:

How does adding a fade-in to all those bits do that?

I guess he is applying the "Dont touch, you could break it" logic?

18 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

I guess he is applying the "Dont touch, you could break it" logic?

Exactly; I did not want to risk compromising the sound quality. Like I said, compared to the other issues that were addressed, that is a minor thing; no big deal. I can live with it.

On 14/11/2021 at 7:03 AM, Holko said:

It's only a soundtrack, Holk. Life goes on (eventually).

No, he's absolutely right. No one should buy this, if that's what it takes for the Disney idiots to check their garbage before releasing it to the public. Oh no, wait, they're too busy making remakes we all want, Star Wars and more Star Wars.