Ludwig Göransson & Joseph Shirley's THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)

I'm sure I'd notice it were I to watch the episode again or listen to the OST album, but the first time I watched I was simply enjoying the show and not thinking about this stuff 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, rheaton said:

To each their own, but this might as well be titled “Walking through Hogwarts” to me.

I wonder who that lovely fellow who uploads the music is.

Anyway, 
It's a Family Affair 
LIFE LESSONS 

A GIFT 
Teachers Pet - Easily my favourite piece in the episode. Literally the ENTIRE training montage is on the soundtrack and I am SO here for it.

5 hours ago, DIamondFire said:

Anyway, 
It's a Family Affair 
LIFE LESSONS 

A GIFT 
Teachers Pet - Easily my favourite piece in the episode. Literally the ENTIRE training montage is on the soundtrack and I am SO here for it.

?

3 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

Still hoping the lack of a 4th episode allows them to still give us more than just a dozen tracks. Also for at least one Vanth track.

I tried every single cue and only got hits for scenes on Luke's planet.

2 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Awesome, thanks for sharing @CGCJ! I can't think of any glaring oversights there, and I'm looking forward to hearing every single one of those tracks. Hopefully everything that eventually stands out from the finale will be included too.

Also: super randomly decided to throw the train cue from Chapter 2 into the extension again because it rocks and I can't believe it wasn't released. Well, somehow I got a result back this time...

image.png

Maybe they realized the mistake and put it on the second volume? Huge if true. Having this would really round out the first four episodes of score so I hope it's not just a weird glitch.

EDIT: The song finder has been giving me mixed messages so please take this news with a grain of salt! If it's right you all owe me a Canada Dry. If it's wrong I will go into indefinite hibernation. 

star-wars-if-what-you-have-told-me-is-tr

Lengthy interview with Shirley all about Book of Boba Fett:

https://filmmusicinstitute.com/interview-with-joseph-shirley/

There is an Episode 7 spoiler inside the answer to the question "How did you want to incorporate Ludwig’s themes for “Boba” into your score?" but every other question and answer is safe to read if you've seen episodes 1-6

It's funny he talks so enthusiastically about the Train Heist cue, and then doesn't put it on the OST...

Went through the final with one of those music identification apps:

Spoiler

In the Name of Honor - Allies on watch, Allies betrayed.
Battle for Mos Espa - Shootout with the Pykes.
A Town Besieged - Scorpenek Attack/Din and Grogu Reunion.
Final Showdown - Rancor takes down Scorpenek/Pykes on the run, Boba and Bane showdown.
Goodnight - Grogu subdues the Rancor, Fennec takes out leaders.
A Town at Peace - Boba and Fennec walk through Mos Espa/Din leaves with Grogu.  
The Reign of Boba Fett - Extra End Credits cue. (Couldn't get the new "Boba Fett" credits theme to show up as something new, it just kept giving the already released version)

Here's what I heard in the finale...

image.png

Preparations - Opens with cautious strings and the Desert Fanfare on cellos before dying down under dialogue. Some string chords rise but the mood is much darker when we cut to Cad Bane. Suspended strings and dissonance take over, and eventually the title card enters with especially pronounced brass swells.

X-Wing Arrives - Playful clarinets for pit droids, followed by Grogu synths and Bright Eyes pizzicato.

Positions - Bopping synths under the Desert Fanfare. One of the better cues this episode but there's still not a lot to grab on to. 

Standoff with Bane - Light percussive effects and a brief reference to the choral lament from Chapter 3.

Something Feels Off / Locals Attack - Much of the episode is one continuous action scene and there aren't a lot of big breaks between the music. Unfortunately, what's there is mostly anonymous save for a few bigger moments. Cello slides and electronics are the dominant forces here.

Pykes Move In - Muted trumpets and electronics followed by slow strings and recorder. One of the Mando drama motifs appears to be warming up for something big, but the tension is interrupted.

Surprise Attack - Opens with the Jaunty Riff and Desert Fanfare. The Marshal's Tale theme is heard triumphantly when the villagers arrive. There is also a reference to Chapter 4's Road Rage.

Droid Tanks - More loud electronics and strings, with references to Mando's Heroic motif, Marshal's Tale, and the Mando and Child theme.

Rancor in Town - Boba's usual call signals are scattered throughout. Jaunty Riff pairs up with choir, and leads to a reprise of Boba's little "suiting up" power anthem from Chapter 1. The Child's theme from Mando S1 is also heard at the end.

Make Our Stand - More Mos Pelgo references and Desert Fanfare variations, but otherwise dominated by electronics and the like.

Standoff 2.0 - Atmosphere and Boba sounds start things off, but as the tables start to turn things become more percussive. The main section from Ludwig's track is heard for only the second or third time in the show. 

Monster on the Loose - More loud stuff here, but the Child's theme eventually returns followed by the Rhodes motif. 

Pyke Hideout Attack - Atmosphere and low electronics.

A Town at Peace - An acoustic guitar intro segues into a medieval woodwind setting of Boba's theme. Unfortunately, it is very short-lived and doesn't open up like Mando S2's recorder fugue. Mando's Fanfare is accompanied by energetic strings, and the Rhodes settles the mood as the episode closes.

End Credits - Sadly not actually a new performance like I had hoped, but rather an edited version of the original credits piece with added vocal overlays which occasionally chant "Boba Fett". Otherwise there are no new developments or lyrics to speak of. I would liked to have heard a fully orchestral version but it seems that opportunity has been missed.

Post-Credits - Cobb Vanth's percussive stinger is intertwined with The Mod Parlor dance music for the post-credits scene. The rest of the credits play out under the Jaunty Riff and Desert Fanfare, which together receive a really neat but very brief chamber arrangement.

This cue is on the album under the title The Reign of Boba Fett, which sounds like it could possibly be the name of a longer suite or piece. It's probably wishful thinking but I'd certainly welcome hearing a longer version of this composition on the album, as it's one of the more interesting developments in the entire score. That being said, I have no clue what to expect in terms of any extra hopes and surprises, and we can only really guess for now (that goes for the train cue too, which I'm more than a little distressed over). 

Thanks for sorting out the remainder of the track titles, @CGCJ!

Jerry, does that interview with Shirley change the way you think about what any of the themes represent, or what to call them?

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Jerry, does that interview with Shirley change the way you think about what any of the themes represent, or what to call them?

Sorry about the delay and many thanks for sharing that article! I read the interview and I don't think there are any changes to be made. If anything Shirley basically confirms what a lot of us had already picked up on. The jaunty theme (he uses the same word!) is more exclusive to the present timeline before slowly being earned in the flashbacks, whereas Ludwig's new vocal themes are all associated with the tribe. He doesn't really specify beyond that and I'm not sure there are any new developments in the show that would suggest better names than the ones I came up with before. I'm open to hearing anyone's ideas though!

I also thought it was really interesting that he talked about the train heist cue in detail. I don't have any inside scoops but I get the feeling that it may still see the light of day yet, whether it be as part of the second volume or as a tagalong single (I believe something similar happened with a cue from Christophe Beck's WandaVision).

Intriguingly, I noticed that the audio rip that was on DiamondFire's YouTube was taken down earlier today. That seems to be our best indication yet, as it’s most likely related to a copyright issue. Honestly, the song finder extension can be a bit finnicky, so even though it tipped me off on the result in the first place, I was cautious about sharing it here in case it didn't pan out. Anyway, we'll know what's up soon enough!

I think that may have been the original version...but it was too much..so they toned down to less corny lyrics. Then we get accustomed to the tune....and the give us the new end credits as a closure and we like it!

Wow, for once we got the best case scenario out of this! Well...technically mini-OSTs are still the ultimate ideal, but as far as this show goes I can't think of anything that I'm really missing right now. If only they could release Volume 3 - Bonus Tracks from Mando S2 next!

Hit It Max seems to be the cantina source from Chapter 1 (although I thought it was called Cantina Latina so maybe it's a different one?). If it were in the correct spot on the first album, I'm pretty sure it would go between Normal Day at the Office (Track 3) and Fear is a Sure Bet (Track 4).

EDIT: Hit It Max is not Cantina Latina, but a different source cue from Chapter 4. If it were in the correct spot in the first album, it would go between You Fly, I'll Shoot (Track 15) and The Families of Mos Espa (Track 16).

Train Heist is from Chapter 2 and obviously one of the show's highlights. Having this will really round out the Boba-related parts of the score, and might even strengthen the first volume in retrospect. If it were in the correct spot on the first album, it would go between Like a Bantha (Track 9) and The Ultimate Boon (Track 10). 

Bonfire is the ceremonial percussive cue from the end of Chapter 2. If it were in the correct spot on the first album, it would go between The Ultimate Boon (Track 10) and Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din  (Track 11).

There is also one track from Chapter 6 that wasn't picked up beforehand: From the Desert Comes a Stranger. This would appear to be for the standoff between Cobb Vanth and Cad Bane. Otherwise everything is as anticipated and it looks really great!

Really looking forward to adding some of the Boba stuff to my Boba playlist, and collecting the Mando stuff as a precursor to Season 3! 

On 19/01/2022 at 10:40 PM, The Illustrious Jerry said:

A number of track titles for the upcoming album release have been identified via AHA Song Finder. Here's what the extension was able to pick up on so far:

CHAPTER 1

Rebirth - The flashback prologue, up until Boba escapes from the sarlacc. 

The Stranger - Boba is picked up by the sand people and the first title card appears.

Normal Day at the Office - Boba suits up for the first time and visitors pay tribute to him.

Fear Is a Sure Bet - Assassins ambush Boba and Fennec.

Desert Walk - Boba and another prisoner are taken into the desert to search for those sand melons.

CHAPTER 2

The Twins - The two hutts confront Boba in the town square.

Stop That Train - The train attacks the Tuskens and they burn their dead.

Like a Bantha - Boba trains the sand people to ride speeders.

The Ultimate Boon - Boba gets his new clothes and makes his staff.

CHAPTER 3 

Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din - Boba journeys across the desert on a bantha, visits the Pykes, and returns to find the tribe massacred. 

Road Rage – The major-domo attempts to escape and the Pykes arrive on Tatooine.

CHAPTER 4

The Mod Parlour - A weird techno source/score cue for the chop shop where Fennec is healed.

Fennec and Boba - The pair travel to Jabba's palace. That little spy droid locates Boba's ship.

You Fly, I’ll Shoot - Boba and Fennec get his ship back from Jabba's palace. 

The Families of Mos Espa - I don't know what the rest of this cue could be but this is the title I got for the big hint at the end of this episode.

The only thing I'm worried about is the train heist cue from Chapter 2. I haven't been getting any results for it, although there are a lot of SFX in the way. Otherwise everything of note seems to be covered here.

I haven't had any luck with Shazam thus far but if it does pick up anything we might be able to see if there's more based on the track IDs. I'm not really sure how that works but I think that's what we did last year.

Do you have the same thing for Chapt 5-7 ? 

i suppose 11-18 is for Chapt 7

Boba Fett's Theme version chapt 7 is not present ???

30 minutes ago, D_A_R_T_H said:

Do you have the same thing for Chapt 5-7 ? 

Sure, although @CGCJ was able to provide us with a breakdown of titles over the past week or so (here and here) and the album is out in places where it's already Friday, so we have the confirmed tracklist. I'll still put all that info together here for convenience, but I won't dive any deeper until I can hear the album in full. Anyway, here you go:

CHAPTER 5 
The Underworld - Fanfare for winds and strings when the Mandalorian arrives at the space station.
A Cautionary Tale - Mandalore flashback scene and a brief forging sequence with the armorer. 
Faster Than a Fathier - Montage of Mando and Pelli (the mechanic) repairing the Naboo starfighter.
Maiden Voyage - Mando takes the Naboo starfighter for a spin.

CHAPTER 6
It's a Family Affair - Mando arrives on the Jedi planet and meets with R2. 
Life Lessons - Luke and Grogu meditate and lift frogs. 
A Gift - Mando sees Grogu from afar and passes on his gift to Ahsoka.
Teacher's Pet - Montage of Grogu and Luke's training exercises.

From the Desert Comes a Stranger - Cobb Vanth and Cad Bane have a standoff.
Two Paths Diverged - Grogu is forced to choose between Mando's gift and a lightsaber.

CHAPTER 7

In the Name of Honor - The various members of Boba's gang get into positions. I think it also includes the part where they are eventually ambushed.

Battle for Mos Espa - Mando and Boba start a shootout after being cornered by the Pykes.

A Town Beseiged - The big droid tanks begin to attack our heroes. Pelli rescues Mando in the streets and he is reunited with Grogu.

Final Showdown - Boba's rancor takes out the last big droid. Boba and Cad Bane duel.

Goodnight - Grogu uses the Force to calm the rancor to sleep. 

A Town at Peace - Short epilogue where Boba and Fennec walk through the liberated streets of Mos Espa. Mando and Grogu take off for the next adventure in the Naboo starfighter.

The Reign of Boba Fett - The chamber arrangement of Boba's themes that comes after the post-credits scene.

Hopefully this is helpful. Again, I won't be able to talk about the music itself in-depth until I can hear the album. I will post my write-up over the weekend.

4 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Sure, although @CGCJ was able to provide us with a breakdown of titles over the past week or so (here and here) and the album is out in places where it's already Friday, so we have the confirmed tracklist. I'll still put all that info together here for convenience, but I won't dive any deeper until I can hear the album in full. Anyway, here you go:

CHAPTER 5 
The Underworld - Fanfare for winds and strings when the Mandalorian arrives at the space station.
A Cautionary Tale - Mandalore flashback scene and a brief forging sequence with the armorer. 
Faster Than a Fathier - Montage of Mando and Pelli (the mechanic) repairing the Naboo starfighter.
Maiden Voyage - Mando takes the Naboo starfighter for a spin.

CHAPTER 6
It's a Family Affair - Mando arrives on the Jedi planet and meets with R2. 
Life Lessons - Luke and Grogu meditate and lift frogs. 
A Gift - Mando sees Grogu from afar and passes on his gift to Ahsoka.
Teacher's Pet - Montage of Grogu and Luke's training exercises.

From the Desert Comes a Stranger - Cobb Vanth and Cad Bane have a standoff.
Two Paths Diverged - Grogu is forced to choose between Mando's gift and a lightsaber.

CHAPTER 7

In the Name of Honor - The various members of Boba's gang get into positions. I think it also includes the part where they are eventually ambushed.

Battle for Mos Espa - Mando and Boba start a shootout after being cornered by the Pykes.

A Town Beseiged - The big droid tanks begin to attack our heroes. Pelli rescues Mando in the streets and he is reunited with Grogu.

Final Showdown - Boba's rancor takes out the last big droid. Boba and Cad Bane duel.

Goodnight - Grogu uses the Force to calm the rancor to sleep. 

A Town at Peace - Short epilogue where Boba and Fennec walk through the liberated streets of Mos Espa. Mando and Grogu take off for the next adventure in the Naboo starfighter.

The Reign of Boba Fett - The chamber arrangement of Boba's themes that comes after the post-credits scene.

Hopefully this is helpful. Again, I won't be able to talk about the music itself in-depth until I can hear the album. I will post my write-up over the weekend.

Ok, Thx.... and "the book of Boba Fett" with alternate voice (chapt 7 between Town at peace and the Reign and Boba Fett) is missing....

I know all this info is more or less already in this thread, but juts to be thorough:

"Details for ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ Volume 2 (Chapters 5-7) Soundtrack Album Revealed

The full details of the second soundtrack album for Lucasfilm’s Disney+ original series The Book of Boba Fett have been revealed. The Volume 2 album features the music from the fifth, sixth and seventh chapter of the show, including the musical themes written by Academy Award, Emmy Award and Grammy Award winner Ludwig Göransson (Black Panther, The Mandalorian,  Creed, Tenet, Community, Turning Red) and selections of the original score composed by Joseph Shirley (Bad Trip, The Mysterious Benedict Society,Fairfax). Also included are three bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased music from the first four chapters. The soundtrack will be released digitally tomorrow, February 11. The streaming/download link will be added to this page within the next day. The first volume featuring the composers’ music from Chapters 1-4 was released last month. The Book of Boba Fett is created by Jon Favreau and stars Temuera Morrison, Ming-Na Wen, Pedro Pascal, Matt Berry, Jennifer Beals, David Pasquesi, Sophie Thatcher, Jordan Bolger and Carey Jones. The season finale just premiered yesterday and all seven episodes are now available to stream on Disney+.

Here’s the track list of the album:

1. The Underworld (3:19)
2. A Cautionary Tale (3:12)
3. Faster Than a Fathier (4:58)
4. Maiden Voyage (1:20)
5. It’s a Family Affair (3:47)
6. Life Lessons (3:56)
7. A Gift (2:46)
8. Teacher’s Pet (6:25)
9. From the Desert Comes a Stranger (2:19)
10. Two Paths Diverged (2:50)
11. In the Name of Honor (3:24)
12. Battle for Mos Espa (2:30)
13. A Town Besieged (6:46)
14. Final Showdown (4:13)
15. Goodnight (2:32)
16. A Town at Peace (2:21)
17. The Reign of Boba Fett (1:21)
18. Hit It Max – “The Book of Boba Fett: Vol. 1 (Chapters 1-4)” Bonus Track (2:01)
19. Train Heist – “The Book of Boba Fett: Vol. 1 (Chapters 1-4)” Bonus Track (6:15)
20. The Bonfire – “The Book of Boba Fett: Vol. 1 (Chapters 1-4)” Bonus Track (1:41)"

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2022/02/10/details-for-the-book-of-boba-fett-volume-2-chapters-5-7-soundtrack-album-revealed/

1400x1400bb.webp

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/the-book-of-boba-fett-vol-2-chapters-5-7-original-soundtrack/1609288653

So did I get the chronological order right?

Theme presentation

1. 1-17. The Book Of Boba Fett (2:55)

Chapter 1: Stranger in a Strange Land

1. 1-01. Rebirth (3:16)
  2. 1-02. The Stranger (3:01)
  3. 1-03. Normal Day at the Office (2:41)
  4. 1-04. Fear Is a Sure Bet (3:48)
  5. 1-05. Desert Walk (3:00)

Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine

1. 1-06. Boba's Throne (3:45)
  2. 1-07. The Twins (4:37)
  3. 1-08. Stop That Train (4:06)
  4. 1-09. Like a Bantha (2:02)
  5. 2-19. Train Heist (6:15)
  6. 1-10. The Ultimate Boon (5:07)
  7. 2-20. The Bonfire (1:41)

Chapter 3: The Streets of Mos Espa

1. 1-11. Aliit Ori’shya Tal’din (6:12)
  2. 1-12. Road Rage (4:56)

Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm

1. 1-13. The Mod Parlour (3:04) - source music
  2. 1-14. Fennec and Boba (2:08)
  3. 1-15. You Fly, I'll Shoot (5:34)
  4. 2-18. Hit It Max (2:01) - source music
  5. 1-16. The Families of Mos Espa (5:33)

Chapter 5: Return of the Mandalorian

1. 2-1. The Underworld (3:19)
  2. 2-2. A Cautionary Tale (3:12)
  3. 2-3. Faster Than a Fathier (4:58)
  4. 2-4. Maiden Voyage (1:20)

Chapter 6: From the Desert Comes a Stranger

1. 2-5. It’s a Family Affair (3:47)
  2. 2-6. Life Lessons (3:56)
  3. 2-7. A Gift (2:46)
  4. 2-8. Teacher’s Pet (6:25)
  5. 2-9. From the Desert Comes a Stranger (2:19)
  6. 2-10. Two Paths Diverged (2:50)

Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor

1. 2-11. In the Name of Honor (3:24)
  2. 2-12. Battle for Mos Espa (2:30)
  3. 2-13. A Town Besieged (6:46)
  4. 2-14. Final Showdown (4:13)
  5. 2-15. Goodnight (2:32)
  6. 2-16. A Town at Peace (2:21)
  7. 2-17. The Reign of Boba Fett (1:21)

I've edited my earlier post to say as much, but Hit It Max is not, in fact, Cantina Latina under a different nameI thought it was, but it's actually from Chapter 4. After the wookiee heavy leaves the cantina, the Twi'lek owner lady says, "Hit it, Max!", and it starts to play. So technically it goes between You Fly, I'll Shoot (Track 15) and The Families of Mos Espa (Track 16) on Volume 1.

Otherwise yes, that is the correct order, Jay.

6 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

So it looks like Train Heist was really only omitted from the first album, to keep it below 70 minutes. Here's hoping it means that CD releases are actually planned for these.

I imagine it'd be more for if they do a vinyl release. But a CD release would be great, however unlikely it may be!

I listened to the Volume 2 OST this morning and loved it.  It has a good flow from the start until the end (before the bonus tracks I mean).

My favorite parts where the Mandolorian-centric stuff, and the Grogru/Luke stuff.  

The bonus tracks, this section has no flow whatsoever and these all would have been better served being on Volume 1.  The Max Rebo source cue is not my cup of tea, but the Train Heist cue was cool and the Bonfire cue was REALLY cool.

From now on I'll be listening to these two albums re-jiggered into chronological order