The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+ Series)

Jay

On 14/02/2022 at 11:47 AM, Positivatee said:

There needs to be a Season 2 of TBOBF where Boba finds that Mace Windu has survived all these years. 

Then sends Fennec Shand to exact his revenge. 

This was always sort of my plot for the Obi-Wan show when it was supposed to be a movie, if someone came to me and asked me to make it.

Obi-Wan is chilling on Sand World and gets information that Windu's still alive, finds him and he's all old and rough and messed up so he can be more of "motherfucker" Sam Jackson that we didn't get with Mace Windu normally. Mace has totally turned against the Jedi and the teachings and all that and tries to get Obi to start a new order of some sort, but Obi-Wan ultimately decides to stay and look after Luke since he made a promise and still sorts of believes in all that Jedi stuff so they fight and Obi-Wan wins. 

This way you still get your lightsaber fight for the movie without having to have Obi-Wan fighter Vader before Star Wars. 

2 minutes ago, SilverTrumpet said:

he's all old and rough and messed up

2 minutes ago, SilverTrumpet said:

totally turned against the Jedi and the teachings and all that

Good old Jolee Bindo

13 minutes ago, AC1 said:

You're such a great conversationalist, Jay. 

Well, a bunch of us already had the conversation about how Boba was the worst part of his own show in this thread already.  I didn't feel like typing out what I said before, again.

I haven't seen the show and it really doesn't look like something I would enjoy (I couldn't even finish the season 2 of the mandalorian), but I did watch a clip of Cad Bane facing off Timothy Oliphant's character, and that's no longer Star Wars taking some Western tropes, mixing up with a bunch of other influences to create something that's somewhat unique. This is too on the nose with the Western clichés. It feels lazy and out of place

It's more like a Western cliché than actual Westerns try to be these days. Almost like a Western parody: the slow reveal of the face underneath the hat, the close ups of the eyes and guns, the tension of who will draw first...

Dunno, just feels very out of place to me in Star Wars. But like I said, I don't really think this show is for me

11 hours ago, AC1 said:

So the reason why Luke was much better now was because they asked the guy who did the deepfake of Luke on youtube?! :blink:

Yea

12 hours ago, AC1 said:

So the reason why Luke was much better now was because they asked the guy who did the deepfake of Luke on youtube?! :blink:

Could be. Although he wasn't listed on the episode credits or IMDB (although that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't work on it).

I've been saying this since The Rise of Skywalker and I'm starting to hear more people agree with me. Recast these parts. Please.

I suppose it would be swapping out "Gee, I can see this problem or that problem with the digital actor." but really if the role is anything more than a walk on then just cast someone that the audience knows is supposed to be this role.

Good grief. If they can recast Spock (twice!) they can bloody well have a new Luke Skywalker!

Luke Skywalker was mostly digital, not only his face but voice was recreated with digital technology. For the dialogue they used Respeecher, which used recordings of Mark Hamil's voice from the early 80's to digitally recreate what he might of sound like.

I'm all for recasting and think like many others Sebastian Shaw would be a great choice.

Corridor Crew talked about this episode today (they also talked about Mandalorian Luke when the Mando Finale dropped). This channel has VFX artists react and review CGI/Animation/Stunts/Bollywood films and they release an episode every Saturday at noon. Highly recommend if you like movies.

15 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Could be. Although he wasn't listed on the episode credits or IMDB (although that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't work on it).

Huh.  I listened to a podcast recap of the show, and the hosts mentioned that the youtube guy was hired to work on it.  I assumed they had done their research properly before stating as such...

10 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Luke Skywalker was mostly digital, not only his face but voice was recreated with digital technology. For the dialogue they used Respeecher, which used recordings of Mark Hamil's voice from the early 80's to digitally recreate what he might of sound like.

I thought Mark Hamill did the dialog and that they deaged his old voice so that it would sound younger?

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Huh.  I listened to a podcast recap of the show, and the hosts mentioned that the youtube guy was hired to work on it.  I assumed they had done their research properly before stating as such...

Well, since the guy was (allegedly) hired over a year ago and people have been posting it like mad since the episode aired, they probably just assumed it was the case. However, I'm not positive it was ever actually confirmed that this individual was hired. There's a ton of articles saying that he "was allegedly hired by Lucasfilm" but that's all I can find, and no source is ever given. I'm not necessarily saying that it's not true, or that he didn't work on this episode, but I also can't say for certain that it is true.

5 hours ago, AC1 said:

I thought Mark Hamill did the dialog and that they deaged his old voice so that it would sound younger?

That's what I thought as well, but Matt Wood talks about it here https://gizmodo.com/book-of-boba-fett-episode-6-luke-voice-hamill-1848491617/amp

Hilarious. I was going to watch Corridor Crew but I said "I want to check JWFan first." Welp, back to corridor crew.

My thing with Luke this year AND last year: It looks like a person. Wow, that's impressive. But it doesn't look just like Mark Hamill. I looks like someone who looks a lot like Mark Hamill. And if that's the case, what the hell is the point? Cast someone who looks a lot like Mark Hamill and let's get on with our lives!

Even last year it took me a bit to figure out that it was some kind of digital recreation. It didn't look bad, it didn't uncanny valley me. But it certainly didn't look like Mark Hamill walked out of 1983 either. Now Michael Douglas in Ant Man? THAT walked out of 1987.