Celebrating the Online Film Music Critic LIVE EVENT THIS SUNDAY!!!

Erik Woods

25 years ago, when the internet was in its infancy, a handful of film music review websites were established, pioneering online film music criticism with a new generation of writers and broadcasters who were taking advantage of this new medium for the first time.

Now, a quarter of a century later, the International Film Music Critics Association is delighted to announce a special event celebrating the dedication and longevity of five of these critics, with an anniversary round table looking back at the history of online film music criticism.

Moderated by IFMCA member Tim Burden, the event will feature a live and interactive conversation between five of these forerunners: Jonathan Broxton of Movie Music UK, Christian Clemmensen of Filmtracks, Christopher Coleman of Tracksounds, James Southall of Movie Wave, and Erik Woods of Cinematic Sound Radio.

Join us on Sunday, October 3rd 2021 at 1:00pm EST (10:00am PST, 6:00pm BST) via the live stream on the IFMCA Youtube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/InternationalFilmMusicCriticsAssociation, where you can watch the celebration, post questions to the panel, and more!

9 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Guess I should have carried on with Soundtrack Express to get an invite ;-)

Your name was mentioned. Drop by during  the show. We’d love to talk to you!

22 minutes ago, Erik Woods said:

Your name was mentioned. Drop by during  the show. We’d love to talk to you!

Awww thanks. I honestly wasn’t fishing but did feel a bit nostalgic reading about it. If I’m around I’ll give it a listen. 

This was a monumental undertaking. The fact that we were able to find 3 hours out of our extremely busy lives to put this one was nothing short of miraculous.

I just want to first thank Tim Burden for being our moderator. Tim is a good friend and I'm so glad that he took 3 hours out of his busy schedule to do this for us. And a big thanks to Christopher Coleman for hosting the stream.

Thanks to everyone who watched and participated. Over the past two weeks, I've been a part of two 25th anniversary video streams and they rank amongst some of the great memories in my 25 years of doing what I do.

We all had such a great time that we plan on doing more of these in the near future. We didn't even scratch the surface on some of the topics we wanted to address.

-Erik-

2 hours ago, Erik Woods said:

This was a monumental undertaking. The fact that we were able to find 3 hours out of our extremely busy lives to put this one was nothing short of miraculous.

I just want to first thank Tim Burden for being our moderator. Tim is a good friend and I'm so glad that he took 3 hours out of his busy schedule to do this for us. And a big thanks to Christopher Coleman for hosting the stream.

Thanks to everyone who watched and participated. Over the past two weeks, I've been a part of two 25th anniversary video streams and they rank amongst some of the great memories in my 25 years of doing what I do.

We all had such a great time that we plan on doing more of these in the near future. We didn't even scratch the surface on some of the topics we wanted to address.

-Erik-

Glad it went well, will have to give it a listen :-)