John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Google tells me their response translates to "the info on the site has been postponed shortly"

What is a more accurate translation of what they said?

We've known for two weeks now it got removed off the official website

On 24/12/2021 at 8:23 AM, GlastoEls said:

My good friend just alerted me - looks like it’s gone:

- Disappeared from the concert page: https://www.filarmonica.it/concerti-2/calendario

- Direct link gone: https://en.filarmonica.it/eventi/concerti-straordinari-williams-19-giugno-2022-teatro-alla-scala

Hopefully, if indeed, it’s a postponement not a cancellation… 

On 22/12/2021 at 8:08 AM, TheToolMan said:

Hey all, 

Longtime lurker here. I was lucky enough to see JW for the first time when he played in my home city of Indianapolis in 2018. I'm now living in southwestern Germany, but wasn't able to make it to Berlin for the concert earlier this year. My partner and I have decided to make the trip to Milan for this concert and I want to be sure I've done everything I can to get great tickets. 

I wanted to see if any of the experts here have tips they can pass along. I checked the ticketing website, but I didn't see mention of any subscriptions or clubs I needed to sign up for in order to get tickets. Can anyone confirm this is the case. The last thing I want is to be surprised when the time comes to buy tickets. If anyone here can provide other assistance or strategies for getting tickets, I'd be very grateful. See you all in Milan! 

@Cerebral Cortex if you're going to make an alt account you could at least pretend to hide that it's you

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Google tells me their response translates to "the info on the site has been postponed shortly"

What is a more accurate translation of what they said?

We've known for two weeks now it got removed off the official website

@Jay the date has been postponed. More news ed info coming soon shortly.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

@Cerebral Cortex if you're going to make an alt account you could at least pretend to hide that it's you

I feel shaken to my very core. Any sense of identity or purpose I once held within these forum walls is now in question. I've spent years clawing my way up the ranks only to now be replaced in minutes by a couple keystrokes. I am no longer the tool man. Now I am just a tool.

12 minutes ago, Marvit said:

@Jay the date has been postponed. More news ed info coming soon shortly.

That's your translation of "É stato posticipato a reve le info sul sito"?  or just your own words about what's happening?

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's your translation of "É stato posticipato a reve le info sul sito"?  or just your own words about what's happening?

@JayI'm italian, it's the translation and the meaning of what they said to me :)

13 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

You omitted a bit of (obvious, it must be said) information. “Sul sito” means on the (web)site, so expect the news to be published on the official site.

😜

@Luke Skywalker exactly :thumbup:

I’m just using good sense. Since tickets sale wouldn’t have started before four months, I presume they aren’t exactly in a hurry to announce the new date (plus aligning schedules on both sides is usually something that takes time).

2 hours ago, apples said:

Has there been an official announcement that is has been postponed/canceled?

No, it hasn't.

On 06/01/2022 at 7:29 PM, TownerFan said:

Expect an official statement more likely in the coming days.

On 06/01/2022 at 7:25 PM, Jay said:

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this concert still happens.

I wonder if they won't decide on a new date until after Williams has already done his three April concerts, his June Washington DC concert, his August Tanglewood concert, AND recorded the scores to The Fabelmans and Indiana Jones 5.

• 1 month later...

Good to know. Whether I'm able to attend myself is up in the blue at this point. I have so many challenges to deal with in my own personal life -- from health to income -- but if there's the slightest possibility, I will come. October 10 leaves some time for changes to occur.

30 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What happens then?

Tickets from €15 to €150 on sale from 10 October 2022 at 2 p.m. on vivaticket.it

2 hours ago, TownerFan said: