John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Are you saying the VPO had tickets cheaper than €15?

The standing tickets were 8€!

Well well well... I have absolutely no proof, and there is no rumor about it at all, it's just a personal wish, but if I write it, maybe it'll come true... Yesterday, the Philharmonie of Paris has released its program for the next season, and (it's odd) there is no concert planned on Sunday the 4th and on Monday the 5th of December... Two days in a row without concerts, maybe it's normal... or maybe some "room" is saved... One week in France before one week in Italy??? (please please please) :)

3 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Sweet! Is it wrong to hope this will be either streamed or recorded for CD/Blu-Ray release?

Is there a chance he'd do two shows, like Vienna and Berlin, and they only announced 1 to start?

16 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Sweet! Is it wrong to hope this will be either streamed or recorded for CD/Blu-Ray release?

One can always hope. I think it’s highly likely it will be recorded. 

I asked about the subscription. This is the answer:

Good morning

The John Williams tickets pre sale  is reserved to subscribers of Filarmonica season 2022 (subscritions were possible till the beginning of the season, January 2022)

Best wishes

Great news! But if it's already open for subscriptions and there's only one performance, I guess chances will not be high to acquire tickets for this?

22 hours ago, oxo1977 said:

Well well well... I have absolutely no proof, and there is no rumor about it at all, it's just a personal wish, but if I write it, maybe it'll come true... Yesterday, the Philharmonie of Paris has released its program for the next season, and (it's odd) there is no concert planned on Sunday the 4th and on Monday the 5th of December... Two days in a row without concerts, maybe it's normal... or maybe some "room" is saved... One week in France before one week in Italy??? (please please please) :)

Oh please, JW in France would be so good. But I don't know why I think it's not gonna happen... :( Has he ever done any concert in France?

24 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Good morning

The John Williams tickets pre sale  is reserved to subscribers of Filarmonica season 2022 (subscritions were possible till the beginning of the season, January 2022)

Best wishes

Subscribers to the Filarmonica della Scala season will be able to purchase advance tickets at a promotional price during the 2023 season ticket campaign.

When will the 2023 campaign start?

Maestro Williams is incredible. He’ll be two months shy of 91 years old in December, and it’s 9 months from now. How is he so confident that he’ll make it? Now I ADORE the Maestro, but let’s be realistic here. He’s at an age when it can be all over every day just like that. That’s just how old he is. I know that one can’t live like that, but still, he’s not 50 or 60, or even 70 years old anymore where he can plan ahead freely without having to worry about the end. But at his age it can happen anytime. And all the people around the world who are making plans, paying a lot of money to travel there and see him, what if something should happen like it did in 2018, or worse… I SINCERELY HOPE that nothing happens, but again, we should be realistic, and Mr. Williams should be as well. He’s planning ahead almost a year, like he was 18. I really hope all turns out great, but this is a huge gamble. 

PS: Everything went smoothly in 2020, 2021 and this year(so far). Whoknows, he might live ‘til 100, and he’ll have at least 5 more active years. But all this is just speculation and our hope, and we don’t know for sure. I’m hoping for the best, but I was already scared back in 2007 or 2020. Those events turned out great, but I consider myself lucky that theydid.

37 minutes ago, JTW said:

Maestro Williams is incredible. He’ll be two months shy of 91 years old in December, and it’s 9 months from now. How is he so confident that he’ll make it? Now I ADORE the Maestro, but let’s be realistic here. He’s at an age when it can be all over every day just like that. That’s just how old he is. I know that one can’t live like that, but still, he’s not 50 or 60, or even 70 years old anymore where he can plan ahead freely without having to worry about the end. But at his age it can happen anytime. And all the people around the world who are making plans, paying a lot of money to travel there and see him, what if something should happen like it did in 2018, or worse… I SINCERELY HOPE that nothing happens, but again, we should be realistic, and Mr. Williams should be as well. He’s planning ahead almost a year, like he was 18. I really hope all turns out great, but this is a huge gamble. 

PS: Everything went smoothly in 2020, 2021 and this year(so far). Whoknows, he might live ‘til 100, and he’ll have at least 5 more active years. But all this is just speculation and our hope, and we don’t know for sure. I’m hoping for the best, but I was already scared back in 2007 or 2020. Those events turned out great, but I consider myself lucky that theydid.

Everyone is mortal, we all know that. Let us enjoy what is happening now, Williams' numerous plans, his fantastic creativity and activeness, without reminding us that life doesn't last forever. It will not change anything.

I am wondering whether the Scala is on JW's own lifetime bucket list or whether there are external forces acting upon him.

Who could be sending him biscotti this time?

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

I am wondering whether the Scala is on JW's own lifetime bucket list or whether there are external forces acting upon him.

Verdi's ghost.

1 hour ago, Pawel P. said:

Everyone is mortal, we all know that. Let us enjoy what is happening now, Williams' numerous plans, his fantastic creativity and activeness, without reminding us that life doesn't last forever. It will not change anything.

I'm in awe of all this, but I'm also a realist and life is not a dream. There are all kinds of bad things happening in the world, and people don't live forever, especially at the age of 90. And I'm afraid that one day - hopefully years from now - we'll lose the Maestro and denying that it could happen any day would be silly. 

If you read what I wrote, I said that I hope everything turns out great and I'm very happy for him and everyone who will be attending his concert(s). 

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

Beppe Sala

4 hours ago, BB-8 said:

I'm certain that the former is true. Vienna (home of Mozart, Beethoven etc.) and The Musikverein was also on his bucket list, and now the great Scala.

Standing on the same podium where Verdi, Puccini, Donizetti, Bellini, Rossini conducted their work, must be an absolute dream-come-true for him. I think this is the ultimate bucket list item for Maestro Williams.

At this point in his life and career the doors of every major venue open up to him, he's welcome everywhere in the world, and he truly deserves it, he has become a living legend. 

6 hours ago, oxo1977 said:

Yup I saw that but realistically there is so little chance of this happening. I’ve had a subscription to the Philharmonie for several years and rarely do they add new concert during the year. I would gladly be proven wrong of course. 

Great job, John Williams Rescheduling Crew!  Now do Chicago!

I'm still curious if Williams and his team have access to a private jet for these things, or if he "makes do" with first class tickets on regular airliners. Don't know why that interests me so much, but it apparently does.

33 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm still curious if Williams and his team have access to a private jet for these things, or if he "makes do" with first class tickets on regular airliners. Don't know why that interests me so much, but it apparently does.

You’re not alone.  My friend and I debated that very topic in Vienna.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I think he no longer travels by commercial airlines, only by private jet. I’m sure Steven Spielberg happily lends him his (if he has one) or rents one through Amblin whenever Williams needs it. But the Maestro is so wealthy that he can easily afford to rent a private jet himself. That’s the most convenient way to fly, especially for a 90 year-old man. 

Agreed -- but somehow it is also at odds with his humble demeanour. Same with extremely luxurious hotel suites. I think Morricone flew commercially even at the end of his touring career, when he was in his 90s. There's a video of him coming in to an airport, and being transported in a wheelchair throughout.

Subscribers to the Filarmonica della Scala season will be able to purchase advance tickets at a promotional price during the 2023 season ticket campaign.

That is from their website. I think it means the tickets are not yet available to subscribers but will become available whenever the 2023 subscriptions open for purchase.

42 minutes ago, Thor said:

Agreed -- but somehow it is also at odds with his humble demeanour. Same with extremely luxurious hotel suites. I think Morricone flew commercially even at the end of his touring career, when he was in his 90s. There's a video of him coming in to an airport, and being transported in a wheelchair throughout.

I don't know if Williams flew to London commercial in 2018, but he became ill on the plane (or he was already ill before that, I don't know). Maybe that experience made him change his habit of flying commercial and switch to private. If so, I believe it was a wise decision, because honestly that is the most convenient way of air travel, where he can literally lie down on a real bed if he wants. If I were as rich as he, I would only fly private. 

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Williams flies by private jet.  He gets driven directly from his house to the airstrip and gets directly on the airplane.  No exposure concerns until he's at his destination

How do you know about a private jet? But it's more likely rented, or does Williams own one???

15 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Which hotel may they chose for him in Milan?

1. Park Hyatt Milano (0.2 kms from La Scala)

2. Radisson Collection Hotel, Palazzo Touring Club Milan (1 km from la Scala)

3. Grand Hotel et de Milan (350 m from La Scala)

4. Armani Hotel Milano (450 m from La Scala)

5. Sina the Gray (250 m from La Scala)

6. Galleria Vik Milano (250 m from La Scala)

7. Bulgari Hotel Milano (300 m from La Scala)

8. Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa (0.7 km from La Scala)

9. Four Seasons Hotel Milano (0.5 km from La Scala)

etc.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Williams flies by private jet.  He gets driven directly from his house to the airstrip and gets directly on the airplane.  No exposure concerns until he's at his destination

I trust you have your sources, so that's interesting to know.

On 24/03/2022 at 4:27 PM, Nemesis said:

Good morning

Best wishes

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office