John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

2 hours ago, Hook85 said:

The instagram account legacyofjohnwilliams posted that "The historic collaboration between John Williams and Steven Spielberg is going to be feted through a series of activities in Milan, Italy, on the eve of Maestro Williams' concert with @filarmonicadellascala on December 12."

Does anyone know more about this? I´m getting more and more exicted!

Why not ask @TownerFan directly? Although I imagine he may have been intentionally vague.

5 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Anyone from Milan with a serious restaurant recommendation?

Where do John Williams fans usually hang out?

Here my 5 cents:

I've been a couple of times here: http://www.alcantinone.it/

Typical Lombard food, not a fancy place, but we've always left satisfied. Always really full (it's very close to La Scala), you will def need to book.

Their English isn't great though, so they might seem a bit rude with tourists.

8 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Anyone from Milan with a serious restaurant recommendation?

Where do John Williams fans usually hang out?

one of the most iconical Milan resturant is Savini 1867... very exphensive, but great experience.

recently I stayed at Goga cafè and the quality/price ratio was ok! they're quite close to La Scala.

I see Riccardo Chailly was wearing an FFP2 mask on the podium (while conducting) at a sold out La Scala (Source: Instagram).

What are the medical predictions for December 2022?

Are any precautionary admission rules likely?

The Phantom Menace Fear GIF by Star Wars

By the way, having just been to Bergen, Norway, I noticed - as I "recover" from amazingly wonderful experiences there and even on my return here, yesterday - that they added an option for ticket owners to repurpose their tickets to the December 12 concert on vivaticket, that fateful site. ;)

I could even click it, as if...

...I would be in a position to do so.

Very funny guys, those vivaticket people in Bologna.

6 hours ago, Martinland said:

By the way, having just been to Bergen, Norway, I noticed - as I "recover" from amazingly wonderful experiences there and even on my return here, yesterday - that they added an option for ticket owners to repurpose their tickets to the December 12 concert on vivaticket, that fateful site. ;)

I could even click it, as if...

...I would be in a position to do so.

Very funny guys, those vivaticket people in Bologna.

All scrambled like Spaghetti Bolognese... ;-)

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Hello all, just wanted to drop in some info about my tickets.

I have two tickets for Row Q stalls around the middle of the row. I'm looking to get one ticket as close to the front as possible.

If I can find one, I'll be selling both Row Q tickets. If I can't find one close to the front, I'll be selling one Row Q ticket.

I cheer for you, hoping you'll find the ticket... So I can make my offer for your tickets for my daughters! LOL

Hello dear JW fans!

I'm Charlie and this is my first post on this forum. I write here because due to technical problems (I read I wasn't the only one...) the vivaticket website hang up on me and I was unable to get tickets for the Milan event and quickly sold out.

I was planning to take my mom to the concert and due to health problems it's likely the only chance we have left to go see JW conducting (shortly upcoming US concerts are out of our reach for us). It's been a lifelong dream for us that we feel the need of realising.

I've tried around for three weeks looking for resellers but was unable to do find any leads. I'm looking for two tickets and since it means so much to me, I'm willing to pay for them at a markup of over 5x the original price if need be.

If you are interested or know of anyone who might be, please send them my way! I would really appreciate it.

And I wish the best to you guys and gals who will have the privilege of going!

Cheers.

On 01/11/2022 at 7:47 PM, BB-8 said:

They have found a way to make Williams's event in Milan unique when compared to Vienna and Berlin. It's like a mini-festival :)

I really hope DG take the opportunity to record this. It might be Williams' final concert in Europe. 

Of course, many of us suspected the same after he performed in Vienna in 2020 and here we are... 

39 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I really hope DG take the opportunity to record this. It might be Williams' final concert in Europe. 

Of course, many of us suspected the same after he performed in Vienna in 2020 and here we are... 

Vienna? Many of us, including myself, was convinced his super-surprising London gig in 2018 would be his last in Europe, and when he cancelled in the last minute, was further convinced he would never return to these shores again.

Totally forgot about London. And from memory another gig he had after London was cancelled entirely (rather than replacing with another conductor), wasn't it? 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Totally forgot about London. And from memory another gig he had after London was cancelled entirely (rather than replacing with another conductor), wasn't it? 

The VPO is a governmentally funded and privately sponsored institutional battleship. Its mere existence does not depend on a single gig. Nothing can bring them down. Even during the pandemic, Riccardo Muti was flown in to perform the New Year's concert in front of an empty auditorium (not a single ticket sold). The VPO also doesn't need a digital concert hall or an own record label to increase income and awareness.

However, the VPO can't afford a loss of prestige - if, for example, Joe Bloggs came to conduct the best of John Williams. This would annoy long-standing members and sponsors, thinking they were getting a second-rate performance (marketing platform).

The LSO, on the other hand, works more like a private company or a pickup band supported by free lancers. They are eager to fulfil every gig to keep the business running. The LSO doesn't need to prove anything regarding their capability of performing the music of John Williams to perfection, and hence a loss of added value (the presence of the Maestro) can be sacrificed but not a complete loss of revenue.

Yeah, I can vividly remember this feeling of utter disappointment and frustration - after all one had been through, securing tickets, planning hotel and train, getting excited...and then hearing the bad news from London first, still hoping for an instant miracle, and finally receiving the email from the Musikverein.

Fed Up Reaction GIF

Fingers crossed we don't experience this again in the near future!

Didn't someone in the forum once notice that obsessed Williams fans only stop discussing their cancellation trauma after the Maestro has actually entered the stage and has raised the baton?

35 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Yeah, I can vividly remember this feeling of utter disappointment and frustration - after all one had been through, securing tickets, planning hotel and train, getting excited...and then hearing the bad news from London first, still hoping for an instant miracle, and finally receiving the email from the Musikverein.

I got the news about him not doing London while queuing for boarding for my London flight… and the (expected) Vienna cancellation at my hotel in London.

Yeah, I think I was also in transit or just arrived in London when the news broke. Extreme bummer, but there was no turning back, so we made the most of it anyway.

3 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Didn't someone in the forum once notice that obsessed Williams fans only stop discussing their cancellation trauma after the Maestro has actually entered the stage and has raised the baton?

Fabulin, at your service. :thumbup:

On 27/10/2022 at 11:42 AM, Daniel said:

Hello all, just wanted to drop in some info about my tickets.

I have two tickets for Row Q stalls around the middle of the row. I'm looking to get one ticket as close to the front as possible.

If I can find one, I'll be selling both Row Q tickets. If I can't find one close to the front, I'll be selling one Row Q ticket.

Hi Daniel,

I've sent a PM to you, I'd love to buy one (or possibly both tickets). I've got one ticket in row V which unfortunately is of no help to you!

If anyone else has 1 ticket to sell I'd also be open to that, I had gotten 2 initially but released them trying to select specific seats and it all went wrong :(

Hey all, have been a quiet lurker on the forum for a while.

Unfortunately I didn't luck out during the ticket shenanigans on booking day. If there are 2 tickets for this concert going at all, regardless of being seated together or seperate, myself and my partner would absolutely love to this concert. It's a rare thing that he comes to Europe and I'd love to get the oppurtunity to see him

On 04/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, BB-8 said:

Fed Up Reaction GIF

Fingers crossed we don't experience this again in the near future!

Quoting the last bit:

I think because everyone realizing he has a certain age and London still hurts for many🤣. I'm praying every single day.

I hope they will let him travel to Italy at least several days before the concert. I don't know about London but I think the travel was quite last min before Royal Albert Hall's event and he didn't feel well.

Just wondering whether RAI 5 may be recording/broadcasting JW@LaScala?

This documentary promises to be a good intro to the comparatively recent history of the Filarmonica:

Philharmonic - From Friday, November 11 on Rai 5, a documentary tells the story of the Philharmonic (filarmonica.it)

I am looking for one ticket to Milan concert - travelling all the way from Poland after seeing JW in Vienna (2 nights in 2020) and Berlin (2 nights). Please let me know if you potentially have a spare one to sell, ideally at face value.

I have a bus ticket for that day. Seoul to Busan. Any takers? Price is fair.

That aside, I sincerely hope all who wish to attend - well I guess we all wish that, but those who have a real chance, can attend. Seeing Williams live is an experience to treasure forever.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ageist!

Ask some young'uns if they'd be willing to buy a ticket for this and sell you their normal ticket they already got!