John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

Hey guys, the Filarmonica announced today that the dress rehearsal of John Williams' concert at Teatro alla Scala will be open to people under age of 30:

https://www.filarmonica.it/eventi/prova-aperta-williams-11-dicembre-2022-teatro-alla-scala

Sunday Dec 11 at 3.15pm

Tickets starts selling tomorrow at 2pm CET on Vivaticket.it

https://filarmonica.vivaticket.it/en/event/prova-aperta-john-williams/197108

Youngsters, it's your turn!

Last year in Berlin there was a rehearsal too for the youngsters.  I had a ticket and they let me in without asking ID😅

Apparently, they started selling tickets for rehearsal a few hours early. I noticed that I was able to pick and reserve seats. However, I got stuck at the payment screen, because the website required that I pay via some Satispay app. I tried to set up that app, but it didn't accept my IBAN for some reason, so I lost my reservation. When I returned to the inititial website, the tickets were no longer on sale, and I have to wait until 14:00.

It was pretty weird. I hope I can pay normally, without that app thing, once the proper sale begins. Otherwise, I don't think I can get the payment to work.

35 minutes ago, Biodome said:

Apparently, they started selling tickets for rehearsal a few hours early. I noticed that I was able to pick and reserve seats. However, I got stuck at the payment screen, because the website required that I pay via some Satispay app. I tried to set up that app, but it didn't accept my IBAN for some reason, so I lost my reservation. When I returned to the inititial website, the tickets were no longer on sale, and I have to wait until 14:00.

It was pretty weird. I hope I can pay normally, without that app thing, once the proper sale begins. Otherwise, I don't think I can get the payment to work.

I had same experience. I called by phone Filarmonica and they told the site was making maintainence... finger cross, touching wood, etc etc

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I guess the website is currently unavailable...

image.png

You need to login with your vivaticket account. If you don't know your password (I registered via Facebook, so I didn't get one), you can reset it at vivaticket.

What the actual hell has happened to this website? I just cannot login at all, keeps coming up with "Error during product reservation."

And then after resetting my password, it just continues to say my account is not active.

Good to know that JW is not just coming over for a single appearance. Makes it all more worthwhile.

I hope someone is making sure the concert is recorded. Recordings made during the dress rehearsal should be used as back-up.

So I managed to select and pay for a ticket. I got the Vivaticket Payment receipt in the web browser. I did not get any ticket via E-Mail nor does the ticket show in my account.

Anyone having the same problem?

13 minutes ago, Hedwig123 said:

So I managed to select and pay for a ticket. I got the Vivaticket Payment receipt in the web browser. I did not get any ticket via E-Mail nor does the ticket show in my account.

Anyone having the same problem?

sorry for you. This time for me everything went well, just a little time gap between the order confirmation and the receiving of the mail (about 5 min)

5 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I'm absolutely happy! I got 2 tickets for my daughters (15 and 9) so disappointed they coudn't get the tickets for the concert after they saw Maestro in Berlin

:woop:

Dad of the year award certainly goes to you, sir! 

So far, is it the last professional "engagement" known to date, does he have other projects planned after may 2023 except finalizing perhaps Indy 5 (or maybe it will already be wrapped, I admit I don't read all the threads)?

@Jayplease move in the 2023 may planned concert thread, sorry.

38 minutes ago, Bespin said:

So far, is it the last professional "engagement" known to date, does he have other projects planned after may 2023 except finalizing perhaps Indy 5 (or maybe it will already be wrapped, I admit I don't read all the threads)?

He in conducting concerts in San Francisco, New York, and San Francisco next year, his Vienna Promenade composition will debut next year, and he's also writing a piano concerto

All the latest news is always easily found in this 1 thread:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33860-jwfan-find-a-thread-john-williams-edition

Indiana Jones 5 concluded its main scoring sessions on October 18th.  If there are another round of recordings for inserts/revisions, they'll be happening this month, then he should be done with that project.

2 hours ago, BB-8 said:

The sluggish sale of rehearsal tickets indicates that there are only a few true John Williams fans in the <29 age class.

Why is this?

I'd guess that young people aren't really the target audience for symphonic orchestras. Classical music isn't that popular.

Also, the rehearsal hasn't been advertised as much as the actual concert. If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't even have been aware that a public rehearsal were an option!

This noon: nothing new on that vivaticket purgatory.

Now: it reads "Callcenter Click&Buy" w/ connection charge € 12.91 and € 1.50 per minute!¿!

Haha, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

You gotta love the inventiveness.

This will be quite an expensive call just to get told to call back later. ;)

51 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

That's the second time I've read a reference to Spain in a thread that's very clearly about Italy. I hope @TownerFan will forgive you.

Sorry, but Monty Python just sprang to my mind ... because ... I really didn't expect that one coming. ;)

I read somewhere that the ticket box will open at a certain time a few days before the concert, where you might be able to pick up tickets. But now I can't find where on their website I saw that note!! 

But it gave specific instructions about where to go at what time... 

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I read somewhere that the ticket box will open at a certain time a few days before the concert, where you might be able to pick up tickets. But now I can't find where on their website I saw that note!! 

But it gave specific instructions about where to go at what time... 

You mean for printed tickets?  I did that in the box offices in Vienna and Berlin so I’m hoping the La Scala will print me some proper souvenir tickets too.  One day, I’ll frame them all together. ❤️

13 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

You mean for printed tickets?  I did that in the box offices in Vienna and Berlin so I’m hoping the La Scala will print me some proper souvenir tickets too.  One day, I’ll frame them all together. ❤️

Maybe I misread it and this was it. I thought it sounded more like spare tickets though.

I have two tickets left for the Milan concert. Does anybody know if there is a possibility to change names on the tickets? Maybe at the Scala ticket office? Unfortunately the vivaticket website doesn’t offer this service for the JW concert.

1 hour ago, JB79 said:

I have two tickets left for the Milan concert. Does anybody know if there is a possibility to change names on the tickets? Maybe at the Scala ticket office? Unfortunately the vivaticket website doesn’t offer this service for the JW concert.

Are you looking to sell them? If so, I might be interested - just PM me.

On 17/11/2022 at 4:41 PM, JTGL said:

Last year in Berlin there was a rehearsal too for the youngsters.  I had a ticket and they let me in without asking ID😅

Maybe you looked very young 😆

52 minutes ago, apples said:

Maybe you looked very young 😆

No way with my grey George Clooney look :D

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Not long to go now. It's bizarre there isn't any sign of the box office making returns or resales available. Has anyone been to the box office in person?

Indeed. I will go there, a nice morning stroll through Milano.. ;)