John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

14 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

So is he conducting on the 11th too? I'm confused, but also: radio broadcast means recording, means 5000 DG releases. I hope.

11th is the rehearsal!

14 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Should we ask DG already or wait with the campaign till the concert is over?

Asking can't do any harm. Perhaps it will prompt people to go beyond a low-res radio production.

Perhaps Universal would like to have this published under the DECCA label?

Riccardo Chailly | News | Musa Italiana - Chailly and La Scala Celebrate  Music in the Italian Style

Riccardo Chailly | Start (deccaclassics.com)

Riccardo Chailly | 10.12.2022 Teatro alla Scala, Mailand, Mussorgsky: “Boris Godunov” (deccaclassics.com)

I Agree Star Wars GIF by Red Giant

11 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

You do it, I did my part with Berlin but happy to be the second nagger :)

Hm, back then, did you write to DG or to Berlin Phil?

Um, started with Berlin, who kindly replied they didn't have plans but DG MIGHT do something. Still don't get why Berlin didn't do it on their label and don't know if the might was cheeky or genuinely hesitant. Then wrote DG, can't remember what they said now.

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

Note that there are two Radio 3s. Need to confirm which one.

Program for Monday 12 (Lun 12) is likely to show up tomorrow!

Rai Radio 3 Classica | Canale | RaiPlay Sound

Rai Radio 3 | Palinsesto | Canale | RaiPlay Sound

Radio3 Classica can be considered a "spin-off" of Radio3.
Radio3 is the the right one, and I wouldn't be surprised to have both channel broadcasting it.
Be aware there could be issues in listening this program outside Italy due to potential broadcasting rights issues, so I would advise to arrange a VPN in due time.

Hi guys,

first time going to La Scala and wonder what is the dress code? Does it have to be black suit like on almost all glamour photographs all over the internet? :D Or may it be something less formal or at least bluish jacket? I’ve been in Berlin last year and it was quite casual.

17 minutes ago, carux79 said:

Peccato per Close Encounters

spero sia un fuori programma

Shame because Close Encounters is not in the programme, and you would like it to be?

Even without Close Encounters there are a lot of repeats from Berlin and Vienna.

5 hours ago, Pawel P. said:

Love Theme from SUPERMAN !!! Very excited about that!

23 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Note that there are two Radio 3s. Need to confirm which one.

Program for Monday 12 (Lun 12) is likely to show up tomorrow!

Rai Radio 3 Classica | Canale | RaiPlay Sound

Rai Radio 3 | Palinsesto | Canale | RaiPlay Sound

Just checked the schedule and there is no mention of this concert for the 12th, hopefully it will be updated...

4 hours ago, TownerFan said:

There isn't any video or audio live streaming or recording planned, as far as I know.

If I may ask, where did you get this knowledge from?

If this is true, it would be a pity, although of course I realize that blu-rays from Vienna and Berlin (and "Violin Concerto No. 2 & Selected Film Themes" ) spoiled us a bit.

1 minute ago, Pawel P. said:

If I may ask, where did you get this knowledge from?

If this is true, it would be a pity, although of course I realize that Vienna and Berlin spoiled us a bit.

Directly from Filarmonica della Scala management.

I really hope all the fans, especially the most obsessed ones understand that the Maestro will be 91 years old in two months and that he's going to Milan to conduct his music at the Scala and to enjoy his short and valuable time in the city, not to be forced to take photos with people who can't accept that John Williams is not their own personal friend, regardless of how much they love him

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

Any updates on if JW arrived here safely and what he's up to? 

He has arrived yesterday, probably resting now and dealing with jetlag. I guess rehearsals planned for Friday or Saturday.

Any idea if the tickets for the concert are assigned to a person? I can see the names on the ticket but are they going to actually check everyone's ids? I'm asking because I would like to take to a concert someone else. I've messaged vivaticket today, but I'm not sure how long it take for them to respond.

8 hours ago, wickerman said:

Sunday is the open rehearsal but I do expect he will meet the orchestra at least a day or two prior.

I see. So where your knowledge comes from about his arrival yesterday?

11 hours ago, m4tt said:

Any idea if the tickets for the concert are assigned to a person? I can see the names on the ticket but are they going to actually check everyone's ids? I'm asking because I would like to take to a concert someone else. I've messaged vivaticket today, but I'm not sure how long it take for them to respond.

Sorry, for asking the same question, but do I have to change the name on the ticket? I can't find any telephone number on vivatickets website for customer support.