John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

41 minutes ago, Pawel P. said:

Might be a good idea to ask someone who hangs around these cars...

I was going to catch the train over and ask myself, but I don't speak Italian! Can anyone ask? 

I'm sure one of the technicians would be happy to say what they're setting up for. 

Also, having worked in broadcast TV before, you'd only need these trucks to arrive 1-2 days before production. There's always a rig day, then maybe a rehearsal day, then the production itself. So make of that what you will... 

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Remi said:

I'm at la Scala tonight, attending to "Boris Godunov". One of the horn players is rehearsing "Harry Potter" :-)

Good luck to him!! :lol:

47 minutes ago, Martinland said:

Then, after riding that old tram, all hell break loose on the streets because of ... Morocco winning a game or something. /o\

Ahh yes, I was wondering why all the cars were honking around Milano Centrale! 

46 minutes ago, Jurassic Remi said:

I'm at la Scala tonight, attending to "Boris Godunov". One of the horn players is rehearsing "Harry Potter" :-)

Let us know if "Boris Godunov" is being filmed today. If so, we'll know what those trucks are for (although RAI can film both "Godunov" and Williams)

13 minutes ago, Martinland said:

Oh, nice! We're close by at the IBIS Milano Centro.. ;)

P.S.: (I think)

Any dinner recommendations? Having a drink at Monkey Bar and the cocktails are splendid! 

40 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Any dinner recommendations? Having a drink at Monkey Bar and the cocktails are splendid! 

Nice! There are so many around here, it's crazy ... I could tell you though where we end up soon-ish. ;)

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Remi said:

No, they aren't filming.

Thanks. I checked that there was a worldwide broadcast on December 7th, so today it would indeed be pointless. I don't have high hopes, but the chances are slightly up :)

5 hours ago, BB-8 said:

My train is late...

Alas...just ordered the Home Alone expansion.

f109c6fe12dc99a4f35017085d93d92c.jpg

Nice pic ... and me, I woke up just now after 3+ hours and can't sleep. ;)

Good luck w/ your train... O/

42 minutes ago, Burtie said:

Hi, currently sitting at Heathrow on the way to Milan, but one of our party has had ti pull out last minute it so have a ticket to sell if there are still those who need one. Row E in the Platea. Please PM me if interested.

I'll send you a PM.

1 hour ago, Burtie said:

Hi, currently sitting at Heathrow on the way to Milan, but one of our party has had ti pull out last minute it so have a ticket to sell if there are still those who need one. Row E in the Platea. Please PM me if interested.

Pm sent

3 hours ago, Burtie said:

Just sent you a message.

4 hours ago, Burtie said:

I send you a message. Thank you :)

6 hours ago, Burtie said:

Hi thanks for all your messages, sorry I cant reply to all of them, currently at the top of the Duomo :) 

2 hours ago, Burtie said:

Hi thanks for all your messages, sorry I cant reply to all of them, currently at the top of the Duomo :) 

Thank you all for your interest, Ive sold the ticket