John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Are all you guys posting these pictures and clips under 30?

I'm 28. I tried to look around for older people who might have snuck inside, but all I saw were young people. The staff did briefly check the tickets upon entry, but didn't scan them, and didn't ask for IDs or passports. I guess that even if you're above 30, as long as you look young enough, it would be easy to get inside the venue.

Hi, I have been hovering in the chat for some time but never really put anything in. I am currently in Milan and I am still looking for a ticket to the concert. If anyone ends up having a spare ticket or knows of someone who does please feel free to send me a message.

Thanks.

I'm excited for the concert tomorrow and got two tickets! During the horrible ordering process at Vivaticket I only had an option to let the system select my tickets. Now I have two tickets on this location:

II galleria (verde) II GALLERIA Posto <number> (INTERO W/PV) 

However, which seat is that on this map? :blink:

https://sitzplatzvorschau.de/teatro_alla_scala_milano/

Is that the first or second galleria? First I thought the second (II), but it also states 'verde' (green?). 

Hello and good evening,

we are students from Czech republic who are now in Milan. Today we didnt get it on rehearsal. If there is chance that someones got tomorrow concert tickets to sell - one or two, please send a message. Thank you very much. I hope that lucky ones will enjoy the show. :)

Thank you guys. 

39 minutes ago, hjw said:

I'm excited for the concert tomorrow and got two tickets! During the horrible ordering process at Vivaticket I only had an option to let the system select my tickets. Now I have two tickets on this location:

II galleria (verde) II GALLERIA Posto <number> (INTERO W/PV) 

However, which seat is that on this map? :blink:

https://sitzplatzvorschau.de/teatro_alla_scala_milano/

Is that the first or second galleria? First I thought the second (II), but it also states 'verde' (green?). 

yep. that is the second gallery. I guess "green" is for the path to follow in order to get there. I could find the seat on that website... you just select your seat number (or a close one) to get the idea.

btw I still need another ticket... just in case :)

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Flying sequence is still better. I can keep dreaming I guess.

E.T. is my favorite! I'm never able to hold back the tears when I hear it live. Such an emotional sequence!

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

I thought it was a very young crowd overall, but I did notice quite a few people in the balconies that were clearly... let's politely say, "mature."

parks and recreation laughing GIF

29 minutes ago, BuzzLightyear said:

PS: Seeing John Williams with sneakers was also quite enjoyable!! :lol:

I got a kick out of realising he was wearing the same sneakers I use back home at the gym! ASICS Kayanos are indeed comfortable shoes :lol:

12 minutes ago, scoreman36 said:

Buongiorna JW fans! Very very long term visitor here, but rarely post. I’ve got 2 spare tickets for tonight, nice seats PLATEA DX Fila L, Posto 9&10. Not sure how it works with names on tickets, etc, so I reckon we’d have to meet up beforehand and walk in together. But happy to part with them for their face value of €150 each. Chris

i Just sent you a msg :)

20 minutes ago, scoreman36 said:

Buongiorna JW fans! Very very long term visitor here, but rarely post. I’ve got 2 spare tickets for tonight, nice seats PLATEA DX Fila L, Posto 9&10. Not sure how it works with names on tickets, etc, so I reckon we’d have to meet up beforehand and walk in together. But happy to part with them for their face value of €150 each. Chris

sent you a message :)

41 minutes ago, scoreman36 said:

I'll send you a DM. 

50 minutes ago, scoreman36 said:

Tickets sold. Hope everyone enjoys the concert!

1 hour ago, ScruffyLooking NerfHerder said:

You guys think this will pass the dresscode tonight? Or do I still have to do some shopping in Milan 🤔

IMAG0504.jpg

A shirt with coat or jacket seems perfectly adequate.

Oh, and pants. :lol:

Dress code at La Scala

The public is kindly requested to dress in keeping with the decorum of the Theatre, out of respect for the Theatre and for other viewers. People wearing shorts or sleeveless T-shirts will not be allowed inside the auditorium; in this case, tickets will not be reimbursed.

I'd be more concerned about being cold once you leave the theatre, so maybe find a scarf and gloves somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

A shirt with coat or jacket seems perfectly adequate.

Oh, and pants. :lol:

I'd be more concerned about being cold once you leave the theatre, so maybe find a scarf and gloves somewhere. 

Right, pants! I'll try not to forget those! 

5 hours ago, ScruffyLooking NerfHerder said:

Right, pants! I'll try not to forget those! 

Seems there's plenty of second hand clothing shops around Milan that might be useful too. 

But as long as you look respectable, I doubt there'll be any issues. It's really up to you how formal you want to dress, given the occasion!

Someone please correct me if I'm wildly off the mark!

Hello everyone,

My mother and I landed at 11:15 this morning, then we took the bus to the centre and had a quick walk, stopping at Spontini's to get some delicious pizza slices, before getting to our hotel to freshen up.

We also took a photo of the elegant old-fashioned poster in front of the Scala; I can't wait to get inside and see the Maestro in action!