John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Ok. One ticket available for best offer:

PLATEA SX Fila Q Posto 14

DM me to arrange.

Ticket has been sorted for someone now. Enjoy the show everyone. 

Does anybody know if this concert is going to be broadcast live online , on Italian television or on italian radio?

Perhaps Daniel you could ask at the box office or any technician there at the venue?

55 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I didn't see any technicians or activity around the broadcast trucks last night, sadly. It's a bit of a mystery. 

That's ridiculous! Any chance the setup is already complete? What the hell are they doing with these trucks then?

10 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I just had a look out the front of Teatro with @Chewyand there was no activity near the broadcast trucks, sadly. 

Nothing except a little orange flashing light :P

5 minutes ago, essel said:

Does anybody know when doors open? I just don't want to be standing there in the cold for too long…

H-2 before the concert begins, my heart is racing!

Website says:

The access to the Theatre will be possible starting from 45 minutes before the beginning of the performance.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

In many concert houses all concerts are recorded with the standard mic setup but those recordings are just for archival purposes. I hope that this isn't the case at this concert because I'm sure an album would sell rather well, especially if they released it digitally.

My understanding was that many users here thought no recording was made, making impossible to get a release in the future.

We clearly have a recording, so a release is not impossible.

1 minute ago, ciarlese said:

He said there is still something to work on about the news Indy movie, to be done in the next couple of weeks.

I think he even mentioned a new ending (I guess reshoots?), if I got that correctly?

The Orchestra was not good...the string were ok (sadly not the soloist in Schindler's List IMHO), the flute and harp were superb, the brass really bad...

That said what an experience! I published some speeches in my stories on IG (Kristiansensini). The concert has been recorded, I asked to the cameramen, but was a single point of view and the recording is for internal use of the orchestra. As said the orchestra wasn't good like the Vienna or Berlin so is maybe because this a recording hasn't be planned...I mean this orchestra isn't a famous one like LSO or the others who worked with Williams in the past. The meaning of this concert is the venue one of the most important theatre in the world. Williams chooses the venue and accepted the resident orchestra... IMHO

25 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

Source?

I was working in the company which did recording of this kind of events. To record a concert for a TV or blu-ray release you would need much more equipment... At least 2 cameras on the stage (left and right), two on the balcony (both sides) and on the back with long-range lens (similar to the one that is used to record foodball game). The same with the sound - this concert was not amplified. Normaly if they would wanted to record it you will see many microphones on the stage + AV desk somewhere on the back with sound and video engineers.

Recording of the concert is not that simple that someone will just press one button and the microphones above the stage will pick the sounds from all instruments.

18 minutes ago, keyes said:

The Orchestra was not good...the string were ok (sadly not the soloist in Schindler's List IMHO), the flute and harp were superb, the brass really bad...

I agree the brass section weren't great in raiders' march, but I found the first violin in Schindler's list possibly one of the best and most moving versions I ever heard.

12 minutes ago, Hook85 said:

Weird. I thought the soloist was especially good. But I'm not an expert in any way.

I agree with you...

P.s. at the end of the concert. Lot of people take away more than one poster per person of the event. If someone has one more poster and want to give it away...I'm in Milan until tomorrow...

What a magnificent concert, truly a once in a lifetime experience!

First time I got to see John live. Harry Potter was next level, and then came the second half. Wow, I could not believe it. And I was so close to him the whole time.

Unfortunately I did not manage to grab one of the mini posters at the end. So if someone has one extra, please let me know. I could pick it up tomorrow at Scala 🤗