John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

It's known that London or US brass sections are always more powerful and precise than any European orchestra

Well, maybe that is an old myth, e.g. Chicago Symphony having the best brass sound. In the end it is often a matter of taste. I've yet to hear a more powerful and precise brass section than the Berlin Phiharmonic though. 

23 minutes ago, Biodome said:

My brother managed to pick up two of them. He said that at the end of the concert, the staff placed a bunch of them on the table where the programmes were, and people started grabbing them really quickly in what could be described as a frenzy. A random person even tried to take the two posters out of my brother's hands. It was crazy. He even had to hide them!

Anyway, I gave one of the posters to @Martinland during the meetup. He has a massive John Williams archive, so the poster will feel at home there. It would be nice to digitize it in high resolution, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. Maybe it would be easier to just ask La Scala for a .pdf. They should have one.

Damn... Thank God he held onto them until the end of the concert! And glad to hear that one of them found a great home with @Martinland

If anyone has an extra one: I would love to frame it, thanks in advance 😂

8 hours ago, Biodome said:

My brother managed to pick up two of them. He said that at the end of the concert, the staff placed a bunch of them on the table where the programmes were, and people started grabbing them really quickly in what could be described as a frenzy. A random person even tried to take the two posters out of my brother's hands. It was crazy. He even had to hide them!

LOL! Sorry, but the image of this frenzy made me laugh. :D

1 hour ago, Pawel P. said:

Could you tell us the original dimensions of it?

As soon as I get back home from work, I'll measure it and tell you.

By the way, I uploaded some audience applause moments from Monday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLzeiLtl7Kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihYS5T1xidw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Fzwa6S-xM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I2jWaOc39o

31 minutes ago, Rikkardo said:

FB_IMG_1671011522923.jpg

31 minutes ago, Rikkardo said:

I'm deff sure here was the moment when someone shouted "we love you and May the Force be with you"

I think he never felt such a huge reaction from an audience  🤣

1 hour ago, hjx said:

It was the person sitting next to me who shouted "John, the force is with you".

Just a huge thank you to everyone who has posted their impressions, reviews, photos and videos. I'm Italian and needless to say what an honor it was to witness and be a part of this unforgettable event. In case you are interested, here's a small reportage from Sky News in Italy (the short video clip is well worth the watch):

https://tg24.sky.it/spettacolo/2022/12/14/john-williams-concerto-teatro-alla-scala

I was wondering if it was Riccardo Chailly. Can you confirm? I have attached his pic

licensed-image.jpeg.jpg

12 minutes ago, Rikkardo said:

I was wondering if it was Riccardo Chailly. Can you confirm? I have attached his pic

licensed-image.jpeg.jpg

No. Positively sure it wasn't Maestro Chailly. Just a very passionate Italian fan accompanied by his daughter.

2 hours ago, hjx said:

It was the person sitting next to me who shouted "John, the force is with you".

Just a huge thank you to everyone who has posted their impressions, reviews, photos and videos. I'm Italian and needless to say what an honor it was to witness and be a part of this unforgettable event. In case you are interested, here's a small reportage from Sky News in Italy (the short video clip is well worth the watch):

https://tg24.sky.it/spettacolo/2022/12/14/john-williams-concerto-teatro-alla-scala

Great news item - thanks for posting!

It now seems possible that Sky could have captured the full concert. At least the excerpts cover quite a bit of the programme. And it seems they were using more than one camera...

hope GIF

Yeah, that SKY TG24 report, it's a clear sign them or the theather itself MUST have a full recording of the concert. There were camera cuts to the orchestra as well

SKY has an "Arte" TV channel in Italy as well....

Maybe there's a chance they broadcast it someday

22 hours ago, Chewy said:

Any other positive thoughts? @bollemanneke

I’m not sure why multiple people thought his comment was negative/reacted with the angry emoji, tbh. The video in question was a video of JW telling all the stories… not the orchestra sounding “bad” or anything. So imo the obvious interpretation of his comment would be that, even though there might not be a recording of the concert, at least there’s video of all of JW’s stories.

13 hours ago, ciarlese said:
5 hours ago, Pawel P. said:

This is the PDF version, I think in good resolution. I'm also going to print it and frame it. Could you tell us the original dimensions of it?

John Williams La Scalla Poster.pdf 553.65 kB · 12 downloads

The "they are all dead" story made its way on Italian newspapers finally 😁

I just called the print service, and they (very kindly) told me that in order to give access to the high-res pdf we should first get approval (or file) from the Filarmonica itself. but this looks high quality enough to print it in full scale... may I ask you if you get it from the Filarmonica indeed?

27 minutes ago, MisterXDTV said:

Yeah, that SKY TG24 report, it's a clear sign them or the theather itself MUST have a full recording of the concert. There were camera cuts to the orchestra as well

SKY has an "Arte" TV channel in Italy as well....

Maybe there's a chance they broadcast it someday

The Filarmonica HAS (of course) a video recording of the full concert for internal use, no multicam I suppose

6 minutes ago, fabio autore said:

I just called the print service, and they (very kindly) told me that in order to give access to the high-res pdf we should first get approval (or file) from the Filarmonica itself. but this looks high quality enough to print it in full scale... may I ask you if you get it from the Filarmonica indeed?

Considering how many people missed out on these posters, I'd like to think they'd provide a high resolution PDF to anyone who attended. 

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Considering how many people missed out on these posters, I'd like to think they'd provide a high resolution PDF to anyone who attended. 

indeed... but the high-res file could as well be that one Pawel P. posted. it's mostly text, header and frame apart... so it's not supposed to be "heavy" in bytes