John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

On 12/12/2022 at 8:36 PM, Jay said:

I'm in the theater! Left balcony. Getting excited! 

Warm-ups are always fun 

LOL - Only now do I see @SteTorino, @Burtie, and his father Alan engaged in lively conversation at the bottom.

Great! \O/

13 hours ago, Jurassic Remi said:

Absolutely brilliant! Especially what you guys did at the exit! We waited half an hour for his arrival in exactly the same spot, loaded with CDs and vinyls. Obviously no one managed an autograph. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous media.

57 minutes ago, MisterXDTV said:

This is the best we have so far:

Wow! Thanks for sharing, this one sounds so much more clearer than the recordings from the Bowl concert.

13 hours ago, MisterXDTV said:

This is the best we have so far:

I "see" here a very lyrical tribute to the "golden age" composers, what do you think?
oh, and a "classical" thematic self-quotation in the beautifully delayed cadence around 3' 00'' - 3' 20''

EDIT: sorry, I still hadn't read the Hollywood Bowl thread :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For heaven's sake, why wasn't "La Scala's new streaming service" implemented in time for JW!?

"His [Barenboim's] Saturday concert will be broadcast on La Scala’s new streaming service."

Barenboim: This illness has not changed me - SlippediscSlippedisc | The inside track on classical music and related cultures, by Norman Lebrecht

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I wonder why DG didn’t opt to release this concert. It would have been a lovely complement to JW’s two prior high-profile European visits. And I suppose the window to capitalize on the Milan concert has passed, so it’s unlikely now that we’ll ever get this concert on physical media. 😕

4 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

I wonder why DG didn’t opt to release this concert. It would have been a lovely complement to JW’s two prior high-profile European visits. And I suppose the window to capitalize on the Milan concert has passed, so it’s unlikely now that we’ll ever get this concert on physical media. 😕

Even some kind of archival release of the Scala's own low-tech recording would be warmly welcomed. And it would probably sell like Piccata Milanese.