John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

3 minutes ago, Steve said:

Concertgebouw, LSO or Gewandhaus are my hopes for the future. It is really a bit strange that he flys to europe for only one concert. 

He already visited Leipzig in 2021: On leaving the Thomaskirche where J. S. Bach is buried, the organist played the Theme from Jurassic Park, and it is reported that Williams said that he could now die.

15 minutes ago, Biodome said:

He just wants to stock up on his cookie supplies at Anne-Sophie Mutter's, and the whole concert is just a convenient excuse.

That said, ASM apparently has no concert appointments in December...

Cookie galore! And it's Christmas time, too.

8 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Btw, in an incredible turn of the events, a kind-hearted JWfanner decided to sell to me one of the two tickets he succeded to get during yesterday's sale. I will be forever grateful to him :)

Cbs Omg GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

15 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

He already visited Leipzig in 2021: On leaving the Thomaskirche where J. S. Bach is buried, the organist played the Theme from Jurassic Park, and it is reported that Williams said that he could now die.

Yes I know that. But given his connection to Andris Nelsons, who is chief conductor in Leipzig, I say this is a possibility. Also the historical relevance of the orchestra could make him go there.

He also said he wants to go to Hamburg. So if he remains healthy he might come back to europa after Milan. Fingers crossed, since I couldn't get a ticket yesterday 😥

3 minutes ago, Steve said:

Yes I know that. But given his connection to Andris Nelsons, who is chief conductor in Leipzig, I say this is a possibility. Also the historical relevance of the orchestra could make him go there.

He also said he wants to go to Hamburg. So if he remains healthy he might come back to europa after Milan. Fingers crossed, since I couldn't get a ticket yesterday 😥

Yeah, I've been thinking about that connection. Also that Nelsons could be asked to premier William's VPO fanfare next year.

31 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Wait, what? Did that really happen? Recording?

Could have sounded like this...

Here's the original quote from the New York Times article:

"Williams recalled a recent pilgrimage to St. Thomas Church in Leipzig, Germany, where Bach once worked as a cantor. He listened intently as a pastor described the efforts to protect the great composer’s remains during World War II; he marveled at the dedication to preserving Bach’s legacy.

On his way out of the church, he paused. An organist was filling the grand space with the hymn-like theme from 'Jurassic Park.' Williams, beaming, turned to the pastor.

'Now,' he said, 'I can die.'"

To have happened 10th October 2021.

yesterday I was both lucky and unlucky. I had two tickets for me and my wife (we're going to do "triplete" after Vienna and Berlin) but due to the system we were unable to take other two ticket for our daughters... they were in Berlin and they were enthusiastic to see Maestro in Milano. 

Today I wrote a disappointing letter to the Filarmonica saying bad about Vivaticket system and problems.

If anyone has two more tickets to sell me, please... :-) 

On 10/10/2022 at 1:39 PM, Nagnes said:

Capture d’écran 2022-10-10 133607.jpg

I think this was done to prevent organizations from blocking complete blocks of seats. Why 3 and not 4 I don't know. It favors families with 1 or 0 kids. Fair enough...

Damn, 3 is a so stupid number... 4 was good also for two couples more then for a "common" family...

Just now, Barbs said:

Almost the same for me. We wanted to take our dauthers with us, so I wanted the 2+2 seats together. And than I ended with nothing. 🥺

so sad...

5 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

I know couples with three kids and for them 4 is the stupid number.

LOL, even 6 or 7 ... but if you have to choose, families with 1 or 2 children are most diffused!

5 hours ago, Steve said:

Concertgebouw, LSO or Gewandhaus are my hopes for the future. It is really a bit strange that he flies to europe for only one concert. 

LSO would be amazing, since it has been his orchestra of choice for the recording of so many scores. 

7 hours ago, BB-8 said:

He didn't though.

5 hours ago, Rikkardo said:

Hi guys! [...] I will have to share this experience with some of my best italian friends who always dreamed to see him live and now it's their first time.

Aloha Rikkardo!

This all is so nice to read. I can totally relate to the "religious" aspect, as I was there with whole family in tow when Williams finally arrived in Vienna and the sacred world of classical music with ovations that I am sure have never happened in the Golden Hall before or since.

Speaking of Italian friends: As I wrote elsewhere, I wanted to gift my lifelong Italian soulmate and (musician) friend Stefano, who is responsible for kindling my love for John Williams' music more than 32 (!!) years ago, with a ticket to this remarkable event, only a short train ride from his hometown of choice, Torino, but I unfortunately failed to do so the day before yesterday.

If by any sort of miracle a ticket for him might turn up, please PM me, it would be for him. I will accompany him and be there in Milano in any case, celebrating with you before and afterwards, despite "No Ticket"; just to enjoy the good vibes and share some discussions with you all. ;)

I am looking forward to this and I will bring along my humongous JW binder I've been adding to since 30 years now and that already travelled with me to Vienna in 2018 (yes, I was there regardless, with the whole family!) to have it signed by all of you!

Cari saluti!

Ciao,

Martin

Viva Italia! <3

Hi, congratulations to those lucky enough to get tickets!

I'm for 2x tickets to the concert in Milan, in December.

If you are selling/unable to attend, please contact me and we can discuss.

Thanks,

Saul

On 11/10/2022 at 4:01 PM, Alessandro said:

yesterday I was both lucky and unlucky. I had two tickets for me and my wife (we're going to do "triplete" after Vienna and Berlin) but due to the system we were unable to take other two ticket for our daughters... they were in Berlin and they were enthusiastic to see Maestro in Milano. 

Today I wrote a disappointing letter to the Filarmonica saying bad about Vivaticket system and problems.

If anyone has two more tickets to sell me, please... :-) 

Hi, it was a terrible experience trying to buy John Williams tickets for the date 12.12.2022 the website kept on crashing untill all tickets sold out with a few minutes.

Please I'm writing to know if anyone have an idea how much the tickets was sold for the above date on Vivaticket?

Thanks alot.

Hi, it was a terrible experience trying to buy John Williams tickets for the date 12.12.2022 the website kept on crashing untill all tickets sold out with a few minutes.

Please I'm writing to know if anyone have an idea how much the tickets was sold for the above date on Vivaticket?

Thanks alot.

11 hours ago, Maria Maggio said:

Thanks alot.

It was a wide range of prices, from a dozen euros or so for the cheapest seats, up to 158 euros for the floor seats, if I recall correctly.

13 minutes ago, Biodome said:

It was a wide range of prices, from a dozen euros or so for the cheapest seats, up to 158 euros for the floor seats, if I recall correctly.

Actually quite cheap - but many seats are stuffed away in boxes.

That said, any idea how the acoustics are?

On 10/10/2022 at 5:50 PM, PaulWalker said:

and....i noticed ...while i was trying to buy the ticket...i couldn't select exactly the place i wanted but the system assigned me automatically....maybe to many requests in the same time...is it normal?

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-10 at 15.54.03.jpeg

18 hours ago, Maria Maggio said:

Thanks alot.

Thanks alot.

I couldn't get a ticket because the website system couldn't send a verification code on my mobile phone. I wrote an e-mail to Vivaticket to express my problem, but there was no response. I'm from Turkey. For me, it's impossible to buy any ticket from Vivaticket. :((((((((((((((((( I had a flight ticket to Milan for one person.

3 hours ago, serdar_askin said:

I couldn't get a ticket because the website system couldn't send a verification code on my mobile phone. I wrote an e-mail to Vivaticket to express my problem, but there was no response. I'm from Turkey. For me, it's impossible to buy any ticket from Vivaticket. :((((((((((((((((( I had a flight ticket to Milan for one person.

Same. Still waiting for this verification code to arive. Registering via google mail worked though. All in all I had a much better experience than with Vienna and was able to buy a ticket on the third try without the website crashing.

Would be great to meet everyone here that was as lucky as me. Never been to Scala or Milan before. Btw, I´m following this forum for the longest time, but always have been too lazy to register. I just don´t have the working attitude of maestro JW :-)

I presume the orchestra will be sitting in front of the stage curtain on what looks like the closed pit?

k_17128.jpg

Seat Preview: TEATRO ALLA SCALA (sitzplatzvorschau.de)

filarmonica_della_scala2-1030x682.jpg

Filarmonica della Scala – ccm-international

On 10/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, crumbs said:

I was lucky enough to get an entire trilogy: tractors, traffic lights and boats.

I got pedestrian crossings twice...

Ironically, tickets for Da Vinci's "Last Supper" are sold out on the days I am planning to be in Milan.

And who is selling those tickets?

Of course, Vivaticket!

With a capital "V"...like in Villiams.

Ready to Rock? ;-)

messiah crib GIF

episode 19 GIF

Hello Dear JW Fans!

Unfortunately thanks for the site crashing I cannot bought a ticket for the event, but me and My Brother wants to go until possible....

So pleas,e if ANYBODY has ANY 2 ticketsfor sale, let me know! 

Thanks a lot, May the force be with us!

I just learnt that the Filarmonica della Scala was founded in 1982 by Claudio Abbado.

So not a very long symphonic tradition, really.

Just listening to some of their Sony recording with Muti. Nice sound! ❤

17 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

I just learnt that the Filarmonica della Scala was founded in 1982 by Claudio Abbado.

So not a very long symphonic tradition, really.

Just listening to some of their Sony recording with Muti. Nice sound! ❤

Wow that was news to me, I thought it was the same orchestra from the beginning of La Scala, performing both concerts and opera. 

23 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Damn "vivaticket". I've just received an OTP requested on monday morning, so after more then 5 days!!!!! F**k 'em all!

Also I received some OTP codes to confirm e-mail address. Ok I used those codes. But I still can't get the code to validate mobile phone that should come via SMS. Terrible site. I can receive any SMS on my phone but non Vivaticket.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hi, folks! Another Vivaticket loser here. ;)

I didn’t go to the website until a little while after 2 PM last Monday (stupid of me, I know), and then all hope was lost, of course. :(

So, if anyone has a spare ticket, I’d be very interested!

Almost as important as the concert would be meeting other Williams fans, and I hope there’ll be some opportunities for that - If I’m able to grab a ticket somehow!

The instagram account legacyofjohnwilliams posted that "The historic collaboration between John Williams and Steven Spielberg is going to be feted through a series of activities in Milan, Italy, on the eve of Maestro Williams' concert with @filarmonicadellascala on December 12."

Does anyone know more about this? I´m getting more and more exicted!