"Violin Concerto No. 2 and Selected Film Themes" Williams / Mutter album & Blu Ray

Jay

She's been in so many interview videos with and about JW over the past several years, I'm surprised you hadn't heard it before.

BTW the interview posted above is from the program that aired on PBS last year filmed at Tanglewood, it's not new.  I believe it was even posted on the forum before.

7 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I certainly remember parts of it, but I'm not sure if we've seen the full video before? (And apparently it's one of several more to come)

Yeah, I think this is a new part of the full interview.

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

She's been in so many interview videos with and about JW over the past several years, I'm surprised you hadn't heard it before.

BTW the interview posted above is from the program that aired on PBS last year filmed at Tanglewood, it's not new.  I believe it was even posted on the forum before.

Are you talking about this video? It's the only one I could find right now on Youtube (posted in November last year).

"He [André Previn] was one of the funniest storytellers, one if not the most charming man I have ever met."

Anne-Sophie Mutter

Anne-Sophie Mutter im Interview : "André Previn hat mich musikalisch befreit" | News und Kritik | BR-KLASSIK | Bayerischer Rundfunk

williams_sour_2.png

It looks like the signed version is back in stock and can be pre-ordered.

ASM signature on booklet - plus 3 EUR.

Deutsche Grammophon - der offizielle Shop - Violin Concerto No.2 & Selected Film Themes - Anne-Sophie Mutter & John Williams - CD + Signiertes Booklet

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

ASM must really be struggling to pay her bills.

Yeah, all these dresses, high-heels, hairdos, mascaras, hotels and chartered jets, not to mention the Stradivarius and insurances.

Physical life is just an ordeal.

16 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Yeah, all these dresses, high-heels, hairdos, mascaras, hotels and chartered jets, not to mention the Stradivarius and insurances.

Physical life is just an ordeal.

And like in old Rock'n'Roll fashion smashing a violin on stage at the end of a ten minute improvised solo.

19 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

And like in old Rock'n'Roll fashion smashing a violin on stage at the end of a ten minute improvised solo.

E.g. after the Tintin dual....

Comic Con Laughing GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

33 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Not to mention all the cookies!

It's expensive seducing JW. I wonder what Yo-Yo had to pay for the revised cello concerto...

Fortune cookies

eat episode 4 GIF

5 hours ago, BB-8 said:

It looks like the signed version is back in stock and can be pre-ordered.

ASM signature on booklet - plus 3 EUR.

Deutsche Grammophon - der offizielle Shop - Violin Concerto No.2 & Selected Film Themes - Anne-Sophie Mutter & John Williams - CD + Signiertes Booklet

Sold out once again (I already pre-ordered mine months ago when it was first available).

just ordered it from amazon France. Cheapest I could get and the nearest! Not available in the uk , and they want to charge 17 euros just for postage on the official website

• 2 weeks later...

Album is up on Qobuz and HDTracks for download/purchase. Probably hitting streaming pretty soon.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/williams-violin-concerto-no-2-selected-film-themes-anne-sophie-mutter/l0tf0b2e6g3nb

https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/6296610ec9e7c25a22dcdeaf

(HDTracks weekend new release code: JUNEAUDIOHD - valid until 11:59 PM EDT, June 6, 2022)

Only CD & Vinyl so far at Presto but I am sure it will populate with digital files there as well as other spots.

Edit: Presto link:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/multiple-products/9318965,9319353,9329243?sc_src=email_113451&sc_lid=15671048&sc_uid=wdjqkLV5Qf&sc_llid=15706&sc_customer=ddf9909e8494ce4724fb96a1c2054b16&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=classical_newsletter_20220603

---

Update

I had a chance to listen to the full album and it's great. Sounds amazing, well mastered and the film tracks form a nice complement to the Concerto without overshadowing it.

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

Some words from Anne-Sophie related to today's album release (BR Klassik, Germany):

https://www.br-klassik.de/aktuell/news-kritik/anne-sophie-mutter-cd-john-williams-100.html

That's a really nice interview.

Wow...this interview really gets into detail!

Symphony No. 1!

To jazz or not to jazz that is the question.

And the importance of (being) Ernest.

Normally I should receive this one today.

The Berlin Concert, A Gathering of Friends, Obi-Wan, Spacecamp, Presumed Innocent and now this one.

Can I have a break?

How To Deal With Tilt | BlackRain79 - Micro Stakes Poker Strategy

19 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I am pissed. I ordered the signature edition as well but received it without signature.

I received my shipping order from DG and it was interesting as it indicated that I was getting the CD and a separately signed booklet. Won't know for 2 weeks or however long it takes to get to Seattle.

1 hour ago, John Chambers said:

Awesome. I read that he is on the cover of their July issue as well. Probably all tied together that they would do the interview and podcast as part of him appearing there.  (Edit: Just looked it up - the issue drops on June 10.)

Ernest is many things...

200.gif

12 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I am pissed. I ordered the signature edition as well but received it without signature.

Perhaps inspect the package again as the signed booklet was separate and not part of the sealed CD?

10 hours ago, lairdo said:

Album is up on Qobuz and HDTracks for download/purchase. Probably hitting streaming pretty soon.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/williams-violin-concerto-no-2-selected-film-themes-anne-sophie-mutter/l0tf0b2e6g3nb

https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/6296610ec9e7c25a22dcdeaf

(HDTracks weekend new release code: JUNEAUDIOHD - valid until 11:59 PM EDT, June 6, 2022)

Only CD & Vinyl so far at Presto but I am sure it will populate with digital files there as well as other spots.

Edit: Presto link:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/multiple-products/9318965,9319353,9329243?sc_src=email_113451&sc_lid=15671048&sc_uid=wdjqkLV5Qf&sc_llid=15706&sc_customer=ddf9909e8494ce4724fb96a1c2054b16&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=classical_newsletter_20220603

I also see that Tidal is showing the album available in a Dolby Atmos mix available from their iOS, Android and AppleTV apps (but not desktop). I assume Apple Music has the same version as well. (I don't have an Apple Music subscription.)

41 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Perhaps inspect the package again as the signed booklet was separate and not part of the sealed CD?

I did inspect everything, including every page of the booklet. Nothing.

IMG_20220603_150633.jpg

By the way, good that @BB-8 shared the signature. Not that now they realised that they sold more of them than they have, that now some poor intern at DG is asked to fake it for the remaining orders.

12 minutes ago, Matt S. said:

That reminds me of the Wexler-McGill logo from Better Call Saul!

First thing I thought of too!

26 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I did inspect everything, including every page of the booklet. Nothing.

Bummer! I have had to contact DG customer service before, and they are usually responsive and helpful. Maybe they held back copies in case there were issues and they can send you one?