Williams speciality releases repressed with revisions to correct issues

The Eiger Sanction's first pressing had an index incorrectly placed on disc 2 that was fixed on later pressings (and they offered free replacement discs to anyone who bought the first pressing)

On 18/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, JTWfan77 said:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (LLL):

Some tracks have tailed off high frequencies due to master issues - corrected on later pressings

Schindler's List (LLL):

Some tracks have tailed off high frequencies due to master issues - corrected on later pressings

Never heard of these high frequencies issues before. How can I find out which version I have?

38 minutes ago, E-Wan said:

Never heard of these high frequencies issues before. How can I find out which version I have?

That's what I'd like to know.

@anyone?

I can understand the issues with PoA not getting picked up, since there really does seem to be no way to hear it. SL, though… It doesn’t sound good to me. Very audibly compressed. 

5 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

SL, though… It doesn’t sound good to me. Very audibly compressed. 

Yes, this is really the one for which they need to offer replacements.

For the HP boxset, we had corrected FLAC files available for the users of this forum and made by MM himself.

Happy to be a member of JWfan!

For Schindler's List, I'm less concerned, but I would be happy to get the lossless files too.

It remembers me that my CD collection will worth nothing in few years.

Thanks for that!

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

For the HP boxset, we had corrected FLAC files available for the users of this forum and made by MM himself.

So how would these files currently be found for those of us that were aware of the issue but unaware of the corrected files existing?

I didn't realise Prisoner of Azkaban and Schindler's List had corrected pressings - any idea if La-La Land Records can still send out replacements for those of us who purchased the initial releases?

They don't have "real" issues. It's just kind of mental illness shared by some members of this forum.

After all, we just want all the frequencies for all the money we spend!

Remember that many people on this form only listen to LPs and they think they have a better sound...

Enjoy the music...

16 minutes ago, Quppa said:

I didn't realise Prisoner of Azkaban and Schindler's List had corrected pressings - any idea if La-La Land Records can still send out replacements for those of us who purchased the initial releases?

LLL has never sent out replacement discs for either of these albums, at least not yet.

1 hour ago, Turbo said:

So how would these files currently be found for those of us that were aware of the issue but unaware of the corrected files existing?

Check your inbox. ;)

14 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Check your inbox. ;)

May I please check mine too? :)

7 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I think that he wrote that in an ironic way...like that's what the label managers think about these issues...

They think we're all psychos, especially MV

Dear MV

Do you still have any Jurassic Park booklets available with dentures?

Are you able to provide replacements for the 2nd disc of Schindler's List that had sound issues on the 1st pressing?

Many thanks

No

And I don't recall any issues

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

And I don't recall any issues

MV

What a joke. Should we tell him everything then?

Probably not worth it, he's gonna ignore it anyway, like our emails, I guess.

Eh, I have the corrected tracks now and I've revised my edits of both scores accordingly. Feels like a pretty happy ending, all things considered.

33 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

Eh, I have the corrected tracks now and I've revised my edits of both scores accordingly. Feels like a pretty happy ending, all things considered.

Yeah I guess, but I'd just prefer them saying "No we can't replace your discs" instead of completely ignoring it.

Find a hairstyle that suits your face shape. | Hair gif, Giphy, Crazy hair

"When I pay for an expanded release,

I pay for the frequencies I CAN hear AND for those I CAN'T.

Isn't that the principle of LOSSLESS? "

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Wasn't there some issue with the War of the Worlds expansion - either that one of the discs were scratched or that the last track was difficult to rip?

Yeah someone said they were having difficulty over at FSM. My discs ripped ok though.

1 hour ago, A. A. Ron said:

Well MV can think what he wants, but there sure seems to be a demand for these tracks on this forum at least.

I like MV's refreshing honesty with these matters, as it's pretty clear what he thinks.

I don't mean to excuse the labels from any and all mistakes, but can you imagine toiling away at releases, only to have a fan forum demand you spend precious funds re-pressing some CDs because somewhere along the line, a producer used elements that happened to lack frequencies that no one can hear?

I had trouble ripping one track from Intrada's Alive (had a gap in the middle of it), then I just tried a different ripper program; problem solved. I swear that's criteria for someone, somewhere to demand a repressing, because they imagine it must indicate a flaw in the disc.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

a producer used elements that happened to lack frequencies that no one can hear?

Again, the problem is that we can hear those defects on Schindler's List.

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I like MV's refreshing honesty with these matters, as it's pretty clear what he thinks.

I don't mean to excuse the labels from any and all mistakes, but can you imagine toiling away at releases, only to have a fan forum demand you spend precious funds re-pressing some CDs because somewhere along the line, a producer used elements that happened to lack frequencies that no one can hear?

Audio-CDs need to fulfill certain requirements. Cutting off some frequencies which are supposed to be there (and by the way, are audible indeed) makes them not audio-CDs.

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I had trouble ripping one track from Intrada's Alive (had a gap in the middle of it), then I just tried a different ripper program; problem solved. I swear that's criteria for someone, somewhere to demand a repressing, because they imagine it must indicate a flaw in the disc.

Not being able to rip a CD is not a prove of a defect of a CD.

11 hours ago, ciarlese said:

Audio-CDs need to fulfill certain requirements. Cutting off some frequencies which are supposed to be there (and by the way, are audible indeed) makes them not audio-CDs.

The audio CD format only specifies the maximum frequency possible. You can cut off the frequencies at 10kHz and still call it an audio CD (as they did for the RotJ SE...).

On 19/10/2021 at 10:30 PM, Jay said:

The initial pressings of Azkaban look like this

image.png

The fixed pressing looks like this

image.png

I'd expect something similar for Schindler

So it's just the first 15 minutes of CD 1 that's affected then, unless I'm missing something.