JW vs. JG: which composer would you rather play on a date?

Jurassic Shark

JW vs. JG: which composer would you rather play on a date?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. JW vs. JG: which composer would you rather play on a date?

• John Williams (the composer)
    • Jerry Goldsmith

If someone put a gun to my head and made me choose either of the two, then Williams.

But preferably neither. I'd opt for some non-film music.

Then again, I haven't been on a date in many, many years, and they've all been at restaurants and pubs where you don't exactly have any control of what music they're playing.

Just now, GerateWohl said:

JW is much stronger in the romantic department. And If I aim to get rid of the date I could still switch to images. But here Alien might be more effective.

Just put on some of Elfmans crap if you wanna ditch. 

I think if one could compile a collection of source cues from, say, the likes of HOW TO STEAL A MILLION, PENELOPE, CINDERELLA LIBERTY, SABRINA, THE POST, THE TOWERING INFERNO, EARTHQUAKE, and THE EIGER SANCTION, one might have a decent playlist.

54 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I think if one could compile a collection of source cues from, say, the likes of HOW TO STEAL A MILLION, PENELOPE, CINDERELLA LIBERTY, SABRINA, THE POST, THE TOWERING INFERNO, EARTHQUAKE, and THE EIGER SANCTION, one might have a decent playlist.

Sure, it is technically possible (as the below JW playlist of mine attests to -- with some modifications), but I'd still want to go for some popular, laidback popular music.

williamsparty.jpg

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

He, he. No dates for me untill I've gotten my life and body in order. 

Wrong order from my experience.

Falling in love is the best motivation to get everything fixed.

And you already got the playlist !!!

32 minutes ago, Thor said:

He, he. No dates for me untill I've gotten my life and body in order. 

I'm afraid that I can't wait that long!

36 minutes ago, Thor said:

Sure, it is technically possible (as the below JW playlist of mine attests to -- with some modifications), but I'd still want to go for some popular, laidback popular music.

williamsparty.jpg

Any playlist with TRAINING MONTAGE on it, should be scrapped, immediately! :lol:

John Barry.

Unless she's freaky, then you put on Jerry with tons of synth farts to keep things unpredictable.  Nothing like adult drinks and some classy boiiinggs from Extreme Prejudice or Mom and Dad Save The World to spice things up.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

...I never understood why he was held in such high regard. I mean, he's grand (oh God, I went on holiday in Ireland), but he's not... GREAT.

He's held in high regard because - wait! You went on holiday? To Ireland??!!

Feck off, yer little gobshite!

If by “play” you are referring to music, I would play John Williams because unlike Jerry Goldsmith, his music is good.

If by “play” you mean portray, I would also play Williams, because it’s easier to play a polite older gentleman than it is to play a person who is surely a skeleton with a ponytail by this point.

Film music on a first date is a very ballsy move. I only did it once but I knew the girl was a massive film buff like me. Can't remember exactly what I played... might have been some James Horner or Thomas Newman.

I am yet to meet an individual in real life who doesn't think that listening to film music is... odd (to put it mildly).

I tried to use film music to spice things up once back in mid 2000's and I recall that things kind of went awry. The kind of embarrassment that was ensued still haunts me today!

19 hours ago, Thor said:

williamsparty.jpg

I would delete from the playlist john goldfarb… even its track title ends telling you something between brackets…. 

Well if she is into score collecting…. You could impress her with your shelves full of jerry goldsmith complete scores…released in 2021….

Yes, as mentioned previously -- I would need to make some modifications/delete some tracks as we move from 'party' to 'dating', but most of them, I could keep as background music for a dinner or something.