Bethesda's INDIANA JONES game

Disco Stu

Wow, didn't see that coming

Presumably an XBox Series X exclusive, due to Microsoft buying Bethesda before the end of the year?

Ugh this is just annoying.  "It'll be some time."  Bethesda is so awful about teasing titles years and years before they come out.

I think this is really just because Lucasfilm announced their new division Lucasfilm Games yesterday and want to show they have stuff in the works.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Wow, didn't see that coming

Presumably an XBox Series X exclusive, due to Microsoft buying Bethesda before the end of the year?

I don’t believer there’s been any indication that Bethesda games will be Xbox exclusives. The thinking at the time was that it would be like the way Microsoft manage Minecraft. 

The old OG Xbox era Indiana Jones (from the makers of the also good Buffy game) was actually decent. Bethesda have obviously spotted an opportunity in lieu of Uncharted sequels and have moved to capitalise on the substantial market which is largely unsatisfied with the direction Lara Croft games went it. 

This is great news! I always thought that Indy should be a triple A video-game instead of a new movie. Imagine how great an Indy game for next gen consoles could be?

I wonder who will score it. Maybe they'll ask Gordy Haab again? He worked with several games based on a Lucasfilm proprierty before.

58 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

wonder who will score it. Maybe they'll ask Gordy Haab again? He worked with several games based on a Lucasfilm proprierty before

Yeah, I'd love to get remicrowaved oatmeal stir-mush of Williams' original scores.

58 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

GORDY HAAB

is an anagram for

ARGH!  OY!  BAD!

Still better than Giacchino though 

not that that’s saying much 

17 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Still better than Giacchino though 

not that that’s saying much 

Giacchino is better

I'm playing Jedi Fallen Order and I think Haasb's Williams imitations are soulless and uninspired

On 1/12/2021 at 8:15 PM, Bellosh said:

I just want that game to be third person.  That's my initial hope outside of the usual good story, clever dialogue, and good puzzles that make for a good adventure game.

Strange concern; the game is more than certain to be third person. As for the dialogue... even a game can do better than Koepp

9 hours ago, Quintus said:

Strange concern; the game is more than certain to be third person. As for the dialogue... even a game can do better than Koepp

8 hours ago, Holko said:

The source of the confusion may be that the studio that will do this has so far focused on those new Wolfensteins which are FPSs.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

Yeah, I remember thinking when Spielberg was making Schindler's List after Jurassic Park, like, shit, I hope he doesn't put dinosaurs in it. 

that's a stupid analogy.

the proper analogy would have been if spielberg made jurassic park in a found footage style/deviated from regular directorial style.

• 9 months later...

I jumped ship after the LAST CRUSADE and FATE OF ATLANTIS games (the latter being a masterpiece and one of the best games of all time, IMO) back in the 90s. Once they moved away from traditional point-and-click adventure and became more action-oriented, I was out (even though I think I tried my hands on THE INFERNAL MACHINE for a few minutes). Surprised that these games are still going on.

That'd make it too easy!

I was never a huge fan of the kb+m controls, last time I played it with a controller mod and really liked it!

3 hours ago, Holko said:

Not all cues were recorded with a real orchestra, some are sampled. But I love it too, game too, replay it regularly!

Oh fair enough! I haven’t played it in a long time, but I remember the orchestral cues were great. 

one thing I LOVED that Clint Bajakian did with the end credits/raiders march in this game, is that he mimicked that fanfare bit that's sort of exclusive sounding to the ToD end credits.  and since this game takes place right BEFORE Temple of Doom, it's a nice little reference. I don't know what it's called musically (maybe someone can help me out on that)...but here:

6 hours ago, Positivatee said:

What is preventing you from doing so? 

Good question! I’d have to track down a version that will work on my Mac, plus I’ve got hardly any time for gaming these days. I’m also worried I’ll not like it as much as I remember, sometimes it’s best to keep those rose-tinted glasses intact.

I also have the original discs, but GOG is less piratey. 

Please know that GOG does sell games for Mac. I don't know how to search for Mac OS games at the site on mobile, but I picked one at random, Baldur's Gate 3. It supports MacOS natively. 

• 1 year later...

Any more development on the new Indiana Jones game that’s supposed to be coming from Bethesda? I imagine it would come out around next year to coincide with the release of the new movie.

I was just thinking about the new music we would get with that!

1 minute ago, WampaRat said:

Any more development on the new Indiana Jones game that’s supposed to be coming from Bethesda? I imagine it would come out around next year to coincide with the release of the new movie.

I was just thinking about the new music we would get with that!

I remember them saying it was in very early stages of development last year. So probably a few years off still. 

Unless it’s some crappy mobile game, then maybe it’ll be done sooner. 

• 7 months later...