Music from Raiders of the Lost Ark is coming to vinyl 10" picture disc from Disney Music Emporium on Black Friday

Brando

Didn't see it announced anywhere here, so I thought I'd share. https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMusicEmporium/ if you scroll down a bit, you can find the post. Sale starts Friday at 6 A.M. PT/9 A.M. ET.

Moderator addition :

FE5PHpSVcAA3jmB.jpg

https://twitter.com/DisneyMusicEmp/status/1463193926886572036

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMusicEmporium/posts/2947062352225295

Interesting... but probably just a new transfer of the album master.

Will be more excited if Mike was involved in the restoration, but it'll probably be a repeat of the Star Wars vinyls Disney put out.

At least they've done something for the film's 40th Anniversary, I guess :mellow:

EDIT: Can't be the OST master due to the 10" vinyl format, so this is something new.

20 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Interesting... but probably just a new transfer of the album master.

Will be more excited if Mike was involved in the restoration, but it'll probably be a repeat of the Star Wars vinyls Disney put out.

At least they've done something for the film's 40th Anniversary, I guess :mellow:

Something is better than nothing, yes.

It depends what RPM they go with. 

33 1/3 RPM would hold 12 minutes per side, 45 RPM would hold 9 minutes per side. 

If they're doing 45 RPM, it's probably Raiders March and Flight From Peru on Side A, Desert Chase on Side B.

If they're doing 33 1/3 RPM, it's probably Raiders March and The Map Room:Dawn on Side A, Marion's Theme and Desert Chase on Side B

Why couldn't they just hire Mike to produce a conventional 2-CD deluxe album?

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????????????

I don't understand the appeal of a 10" vinyl with ~20 minutes of music, even for the vinyl lovers out there :mellow:

8 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

He wasn't.

I don't know if I should be angry about that because it will be botched or happy that he doesn't waste his time on such stupidities.

So sorta like a single?

I think these LP reissues are great -- especially for beautifully curated album programmes that need extra attention and care these days, in an ocean of C&C sickness. But obviously, it would have been better with a reissue of the entire OST LP. I seem to vaguely recall Mondo or some such entity reissuing the LP fairly recently, but I might be confusing it with something else.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I seem to vaguely recall Mondo or some such entity reissuing the LP fairly recently, but I might be confusing it with something else.

After a little googling, I found out it wasn't Mondo, but Concorde who reissued the LP back in 2017 (so my memory wasn't totally off). As discussed in this previous thread:

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

After a little googling, I found out it wasn't Mondo, but Concorde who reissued the LP back in 2017 (so my memory wasn't totally off). As discussed in this previous thread

It's not however the original 40-minute OST program assembled in 1981, but the expanded version released originally by Concord in 2008.

Ah yeah, that's right. So strike that, then. I suppose the OST has not been reissued on vinyl thus far.  Perhaps the original is still fairly easy to find on the secondary market?

Raiders must be trying to set a record for having the most incomplete, non-MM releases of any JW score.

Pretty sure this vinyl marks the 4th officially released assembly of music from Raiders.

Let's just hope a comprehensive Mike Matessino release is the 5th... :sarcasm:

I've just had a gander at The Mouse's site, and I've looked at the disc. It doesn't look very inspiring, but at least it doesn't have INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST bleeding ARK, splashed all over it.

I shudder to think what it might sound like, but this is not meant to be played, is it.

Even I think that sounds weird. I mean, it's not even a single (a single usually has two different tunes, one on A and one on B). Only for the Indy collectors.

On 25/11/2021 at 3:06 AM, Thor said:

So sorta like a single?

I think these LP reissues are great -- especially for beautifully curated album programmes that need extra attention and care these days, i

n

an ocean of C&C sickness.

I LOVE that description Thor.

Almost as good as " another collection of cues"

😁