La-La Land Records Black Friday 2021

Jay

No, it's 5 titles. The first huge one he already knew wouldn't make it when he said 5-6, the second huge title is the 6th one he said might not be ready. 

And Love Actually is one of the 5

It'll be 8am here, which is way before I get up but I'm usually semi-conscious by that point so I'll have a look at my phone sometime around then, and either go back to sleep or get excited :) 

My last morning of excitement was the Potter box year. Last year had good stuff, but not for me, and in 2019 I just didn't happen to be interested in the Disaster box or Stargate.

I'm not sure LLL will ever be able to top 2019, with the Potter box and Schindler's List.

They'd practically have to drop all the remaining Spielberg/Williams titles in one hit!

...and I would have no issues with that :lol:

In case anybody is still confused, there's 7 titles that have been mentioned

1. Black Friday Title #1 - Love Actually, goes on sale 11/30 at 12:00pm PST
  2. Black Friday Title #2, announced 17 1/2 hours from the time of this post, goes on sale 11/30 at 12:00pm PST
  3. Black Friday Title #3, announced 17 1/2 hours from the time of this post, goes on sale 11/30 at 12:00pm PST
  4. Black Friday Title #4, announced 17 1/2 hours from the time of this post, goes on sale 11/30 at 12:00pm PST
  5. Black Friday Title #5, announced 17 1/2 hours from the time of this post, goes on sale 11/30 at 12:00pm PST
  6. Huge Title #1, delayed until 2022
  7. Huge Title #2, delayed until 2022

So I need to stay up tonight to see the announcement because midnight is the 26th  I live in the central time zone so this is always a later night sense I am 2 hours ahead of PST time zone

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

I'm not sure LLL will ever be able to top 2019, with the Potter box and Schindler's List.

They won't, I'm sure, and for that reason, a lot of people here need to temper their expectations and hopes, and particularly to remember that 'big' titles don't automatically mean Williams.

And don't misunderstand me - I would love to see some of the titles constantly mentioned and be proved wrong. I'm just trying to be realistic.

You know what, whatever happens tomorrow, I'll still be going to ROTJ in the evening and to an Irish session after that. I'm good. For now. Whether I'm gonna be good at 8 am after a short night and without HP4 remains to be seen, but I'm trying here.

On what, ROTJ? I hate to disappoint you, but I hardly know this score at all, only saw the movie twice and the only things I remember are the incredibly idiotic dialogue, the bad acting and the great music when Luke finally cracks under the emperor's shtick.

With just a few hours to go any hopes?

im hoping for

JFK 

King Kong (James Newton Howard)

The Mask of Zorro

The Perfect Storm

The Dark Knight Trilogy

Harry Potter 4 to 8

Spider-Man Trilogy (Danny Elfman and Christopher Young)

The Rock 

Tomorrow Never Dies

Something by Kamen, hopefully, even if it's Last Action Hero (after it was restored in 4K)

EDIT: Maybe even Brazil, and maybe even Brazil on 4K by Arrow Video! (they are announcing their February titles the same day as La-La Land)

Here in Québec, they try hard to reproduce your "black friday" (that we call "vendredi fou", crazy friday) since many years now, but it's generally a fail.

The only way it affects me is about Speciality labels of film music.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

With just a few hours to go any hopes?

im hoping for

JFK 

King Kong (James Newton Howard)

The Mask of Zorro

The Perfect Storm

The Dark Knight Trilogy

Harry Potter 4 to 8

Spider-Man Trilogy (Danny Elfman and Christopher Young)

The Rock 

Tomorrow Never Dies

I’ll nut my pants for Spider-Man or Dark Knight 

A James Horner Zorro Collection would be a dream. (My custom covers if ever a set was made seen below)

But gimme Willow first gosh darnnit!

Is there a ton of substantial music missing from The Perfect Storm ost? As I recall that thing was pretty Packed.

AE244C76-51F2-4F37-8903-A997403B1287.png

582EE7A1-1E19-4079-A696-472E52050624.jpeg

Just now, bruce marshall said:

Christmas Day

Nice :P

Just now, Naïve Old Fart said:

In 47 minutes.

Thanks. It's confusing with the different time zones.