La-La Land Records Black Friday 2021

Jay

I'm buying the hell out of Fiddler, hell yeah! Hope it has the film version narrations and stuff somewhere in there, not just the much more boringly delivered OST ones.

I think they are at the mercy of whatever delays get thrown at them compared to how things used to be, in terms of what actually can come out for them on Black Friday. Now we just never know when something big will come out (with apparently two big titles coming presumably in 2022).

Nothing spoke to me this time, but in a way I guess it's good since my money is tight right now, lol.

3 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

This entire year has been extremely underwhelming in terms of expansions from any of the labels.

Indeed. Between the fact that a lot of the good stuff has already been released, the stupid post 2005 rule, and Disney being dumb I think the golden age of releases has past unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, HunterTech said:

Can I get a permit to assassinate these two on dismissing the existence of the Eiger Sanction expansion?

Lol sorry, I forgot that was this year. I'm just not familiar with it. :lol:

I wouldn't really put that on the level of say, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, CE3K or anything like that though.

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

According to your bio., you live on Tatooine, and I've no idea what fucking time zone they use.

Actually, that's a place in Germany.

48 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

In jolly old England, being nocturnal has it's advantages, although no idea what to expect, hoping for a Williams expansion or a Kamen.

Uh... it's morning now in England.

2O22 should at least give us Bond.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Actually, that's a place in Germany.

Uh... it's morning now in England.

It's next week in Oz😝😜😛😄

I want PREMIERES, dammitt!

Screw expansions#

Fiddler is great news

For the disappointed I get it, but we still get a lot of scores and frankly the extraordinary titles we're waiting from Williams don't depend on any of the speciality labels but some big companies that don't give a shit about them.

So big thanks to everyone at La La Land for this other year of release looking forward to more! :)

1 hour ago, bruce marshall said:

I'm listening to BBC radio because they always announce " Eight a.m. Greenwich mean time" at midnite😜

BBC just announced the LLL releases.

They interviewed Thor who said he " was fine with the ost"

Well nothing for me this year in the Black Friday batch. I was never too keen on the Fiddler on the Roof. Might get it later if the supplies last.

1 hour ago, His Royal Noelness said:

Well that was underwhelming. Black Friday has just become another set of regular releases. Not the big event it used to be. 

Tbh only 5 of my LLL acquisitions

were released on BF. ( according to Jay's chart).

So, no big deal.

17 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

So many re-re-releases lately….arent there williams scores to fully expand from scratch?

Pretty soon it'll just be Star Wars and Indiana Jones. And then the real wait will begin...

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

Nope, don't know the movies.

You listen or used to listen to classical, right? You didn't know the movies for Bach pieces either.

I don't want to know the music before watching something anymore.

Eiger Sanction isn't anything good, it's fine if you never watch it!

Yeah, but scores don't work for me out of context. I don't want to know the music before watching something anymore.

Wow. I will never see Images for example but can still enjoy the music.

I would say, I haven't even listened properly to some of my 2021 purchases which included besides mostly John Williams and Howard Shore about 15 golden age re-recordings. They are all great. But who has that much time? So, I am more than fine for this year. I mean, usually I listen to music not just to build an opinion on it, but to actually enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I would say, I haven't even listened properly to some of my 2021 purchases which included besides mostly John Williams and Howard Shore about 15 golden age re-recordings. They are all great. But who has that much time? So, I am more than fine for this year. I mean, usually I listen to music not just to build an opinion on it, but to actually enjoy it.

Fifteen ?!😳

I wonder whether the two delayed titles were their planned more modern offerings?

It's lovely to be proven wrong on my 'don't hope for a Williams' vibe. It's a very old-fashioned batch overall though - feels like things have changed a bit since the BF batch had a 'something for everyone' vibe, but I suppose Covid and manufacturing/approvals puts a spoke in the wheels sometimes.

Hard Rain will remain as my sole LLL purchase of 2021.